Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times

Advertisements

So they have went from 14th in the world right down the rankings and it isn't the managers fault? We do have technically gifted players like Forrest and Snodgrass who have pace and are skillful, Darren Fletcher and Charlie Adam who are good in possession and have brilliant passing, Steven Fletcher and Rhodes who are lethal in front of goal, Shaun Maloney who has good ball control and is rapid down the wings and Johnny Russell who is one of the best players I have seen playing for a team in Scotland in years. The players are there to get back to our 2008 form where we had France, Italy etc in our group and just missed out finishing 3rd. We need a less defensive manager, simple. I am not saying we will be a class side but we will have a better chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,526 times
I didn't say it is or it is not the manager's fault.
I gave my opinion on the very average looking Scotland side and if you cannot accept that opinion than fine.
It is an open forum so I just said what I am thinking of this Scotland team.
Whether or not it was manager's fault will see after he gets fired.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 PM

I can accept your opinion doesn't mean I agree with it, it is a football FORUM Pete. We were 14th in the world 4 years ago we couldn't have fell off that much is all I am saying.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
We were 14th in the world 4 years ago we couldn't have fell off that much is all I am saying.
That doesn't mean anything though Paul. If you look at Liverpool, 4 years ago we had one of the best teams in the league and finished second. 4 years later, we are struggling to get into the top 8. A lot can change in 4 years. Scotland have an alright team. That Murphy kid looks bright. He is pretty good for me on my Fifa team. He is a 80 but plays like a 90. Should be good for the future.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM

I know, I know. But I think we should have a better manager anyway. Scotland has great managers and we have a guy that loves to defend and hasn't really got any experience. We Scots are usually good with our managers and give them time but this guy is turning himself into public enemy number one across here.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I know, I know. But I think we should have a better manager anyway. Scotland has great managers and we have a guy that loves to defend and hasn't really got any experience. We Scots are usually good with our managers and give them time but this guy is turning himself into public enemy number one across here.
I was actually going to say that. Scotland do have a thing for producing top managers. You would think you would have one for the national team. Maybe when Alex retires from Man Utd.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM

Heres hoping!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM

And anyway we have history to be proud of, nobody can take that away. A country of 5 million people that has produced many players and teams that have won European trophies.

The Football Years 1967 Celtic - YouTube

Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Group A:

Croatia
Serbia
Belgium
Scotland
Macedonia
Wales

Group B:

Italy
Denmark
Czech Republic
Bulgaria
Armenia
Malta

Group C:

Germany
Sweden
Ireland
Austria
Faroe Islands
Kazakhstan

Group D:

Netherlands
Turkey
Hungary
Romania
Estonia
Andorra

Group E:

Norway
Slovenia
Switzerland
Albania
Cyprus
Iceland

Group F:

Portugal
Russia
Israel
Northern Ireland
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg

Group G:

Greece
Slovakia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lithuania
Latvia
Liechtenstein

Group H:

England
Montenegro
Ukraine
Poland
Moldova
San Marino

Group I:

Spain
France
Belarus
Georgia
Finland
------------------------

A: Croatia and Belgium look like the best of the lot. I'll take Croatia to take the group, and Belgium second
B: I'll take Denmark first Italy 2nd who fizzels out in the playoffs. The Danes are an underrated group
C: Germany should take most of the points if not all. I think they'll draw Sweden, but really should be favored to win all of their games. I'll take Sweden second.
D: Netherlands first, Turkey second
E: Switzerland and Norway, but hopefully Iceland can have a run. That group is terrible though, Switzerland should run away with it.
F: Portugal first, Russia second
G: Slovakia first, Greece second
H: England first, Poland second
I: Spain first, France second

Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Netherlands 10-0 against Andorra tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer