Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 12:14 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times

Advertisements

I wish I was a footballer. I would love to do something like that and feel great afterward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
I thought you play for Liverpool :|

Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I thought you play for Liverpool :|
Haha, yeah I forgot about that. My football career is over. Bad ball to the head. As whiskey face says ''it could of killed the lad''

Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
No one talking soccer today? Let me fill the gap...

Tottenham beat Swansea on the road with two of the prettier goals you'll see. First Gareth Bale chipped Jan Vertonghen as he made a run from defense to the box, Vert took it down and scored it like he plays striker! Later it was Vertonghen who assisted Bale on a counter attack. Bale took it down and scored it seemingly in one motion, don't think I've ever seen anyone do that so quickly. Please stay Gareth.

I also watched Man City destroy Newcastle. Regardless of where Man City is in all competitions (underacheiving), they are so tough. The Miami Heat of soccer if you pardon the Americanism. Hard to believe they will likely have massive turnover in the summer.

Oh and Man Utd lost, how they are still 15 points ahead ahead of these teams is a mystery. Ferguson must truly be the very best manager.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:10 PM

27 posts, read 48,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
No one talking soccer today? Let me fill the gap...

Tottenham beat Swansea on the road with two of the prettier goals you'll see. First Gareth Bale chipped Jan Vertonghen as he made a run from defense to the box, Vert took it down and scored it like he plays striker! Later it was Vertonghen who assisted Bale on a counter attack. Bale took it down and scored it seemingly in one motion, don't think I've ever seen anyone do that so quickly. Please stay Gareth.

I also watched Man City destroy Newcastle. Regardless of where Man City is in all competitions (underacheiving), they are so tough. The Miami Heat of soccer if you pardon the Americanism. Hard to believe they will likely have massive turnover in the summer.

Oh and Man Utd lost, how they are still 15 points ahead ahead of these teams is a mystery. Ferguson must truly be the very best manager.
You do understand they lost in the FA Cup, right?
In the league they are superior, so 15 point gap is very well deserved.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol_77 View Post
You do understand they lost in the FA Cup, right?
In the league they are superior, so 15 point gap is very well deserved.
Good catch, that did skip my mind that that was not a league game.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:48 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
What a goal by Aguero! Jones didn't look happy

Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,022,158 times
Good game

City deserved all three points and the above poster has a point, United have looked tepid recently. To be fair I thought they were committed and intent in a full throttle derby with a lot of heavy tackles flying in but City were the more composed, played the better football and really had an edge that they themselves have lacked at times this season.

They deserved the win and Aguero's showed real tenacious desire to get in the box and rifle home his goal.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Does Sir Alex always complain about the match officials when United loses?

Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Ol Whiskey nose does nothing but complain when they lose. Its always somebody elses fault. Now when they get that dodgy peno or a goal in the 95th minute themselves ... well then it was a good call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer