Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:50 PM

536 posts, read 324,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Wasnt so much English fans in France last year,it was more Russians and in 1998 a lot of it was local Arab teenagers.Euro 2000 however was bad for English fans, and a lot of earlier tournaments. They always used to boo other countries anthems,now its just the Scottish one,mind Scotland whistles and boos all through Britains national anthem "God Save The Queen" as it was written during a time they were trying to save the then English king from Scots,so they hate it.

German anthem isnt really booed but there are songs about the war etc.Polish one sometimes gets some abuse,but most teams most fans are quiet for.
I just checked on youtube and german anthem is definitely booed . You can hear it the most before the anthem is actually played , because people dont drown that booing out with their singing yet . I am actually surprised with this resentment from englishmen towards germans . Yes , they were at war against each other and people died but at the end of the day England didn't suffer any occupation like France or Poland , so these strong emotions definitely are surprising . English and germans seem pretty similar , so you would think that they would get along . And while Russians were definitely more guilty of brawls , they didn't have any clashes with slovakians and welsh people so I think English fans were not that saint either . English people have very specific type of humour , so they can easily provoke someone who does not understand it . And booing anthem and stomping on flags is very provocative .

Quote:

Very good the fans not seperated in the Bundesliga,although Hannover fans came to Burnley in England this season for a friendly and really caused trouble.All planned in advance. Polish and Russian hooligans are mainly Nazis,Russians train in gym and run half marathons and lift weights to stay fit and are organized by ex soldiers,quite scary the World Cup be played there.
Yeah , I also heard about fans from cologne and their behaviour before match against Arsenal . I guess , there are always some black sheep everywhere .

Polish fans and english fans would be at big risk going to Russia , but I think Putin won't let hooligans give Russia a bad name , while world cup is going to take place in their country . I doubt that they have the guts to go against his order .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 11-14-2017 at 05:11 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
It goes back to various European club ties,particularly involving Manchester United and Leeds United , against Galatassary. Turkish fans were armed with knives and their police helped them out as well. Sadly 2 completely innocent Leeds fans were stabbed to death and some more badly injured.This was 2000 UEFA cup semi final.For the 2nd leg in Leeds the Turks were banned but lots of Leeds fans stoned the team bus.

Galatassary qualified for the final and played another English team Arsenal in the final in Denmark which also suffered from a lot of trouble.

England played them in the qualifiers for 2004,and though trouble was less the tie over here had police from a wide area watching it.

It was then rumoured that friendly games between the two were banned but last year they played a friendly in Manchester which went off without incident.

there are a lot of Turks in Britain and they werent popular before all this, even my local kebab shop in a small town of 7500 people has had its windows broken a few times.

A big reason for Britain voting to leave the EU was the LEAVE people saying Turkey might join and thousands of Turks would come. In fact that would be in most peoples top 3 reasons.
And I thought that brittish voted leave because of the poles : )

Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,417,000 times
Sweden? SWEDEN?? Wow that is shocking.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:09 AM

308 posts, read 237,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
I just checked on youtube and german anthem is definitely booed . You can hear it the most before the anthem is actually played , because people dont drown that booing out with their singing yet . I am actually surprised with this resentment from englishmen towards germans . Yes , they were at war against each other and people died but at the end of the day England didn't suffer any occupation like France or Poland , so these strong emotions definitely are surprising . English and germans seem pretty similar , so you would think that they would get along . And while Russians were definitely more guilty of brawls , they didn't have any clashes with slovakians and welsh people so I think English fans were not that saint either . English people have very specific type of humour , so they can easily provoke someone who does not understand it . And booing anthem and stomping on flags is very provocative .

Yeah , I also heard about fans from cologne and their behaviour before match against Arsenal . I guess , there are always some black sheep everywhere .

Polish fans and english fans would be at big risk going to Russia , but I think Putin won't let hooligans give Russia a bad name , while world cup is going to take place in their country . I doubt that they have the guts to go against his order .

The problem with the Cologne fans is the thousands without tickets werent expected,they were more a nuisance than trouble.For all i know Putin could actually even encourage the hooligans.Hes a big nationalist.

There were 2 wars against Germany,the first killed well over 800,000 British and the second about 260,000 Yeah we are similar in many ways to Germans,maybe thats the problem.

The Russians did have the worst fans in France,and to be fair England didnt have trouble with the Welsh or Slovakians. either.and no they shouldnt be booing anthems or stamping on flags.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:16 AM

308 posts, read 237,837 times
Quote:
And I thought that brittish voted leave because of the poles : )
Some truth there,the Poles are actually mainly hard working nice people,though London has many homeless alcoholic Poles. What people tend not to like is that in some jobs like building they work very cheaply so keeping the British wages down as well. That said Poland and especially Hungarys reaction to all the Arab refugees is admired in Britain.Most wish our government would do the same.

People are more likely to have voted now due to Romanians,most of whom are dodgy or Turkey joining the EU(poor Muslim country).That and a few issues with how much we have to pay the EU

Old 11-15-2017, 06:33 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,043,431 times
Quote:
I dont like catenaccio so I am happy that Italy couldnt make it to the world cup . But I also dont like english people arrogance before every tournament and their fans behaviour , so to watch them fail every single tournament is just beautiful .
No fences to cage people in at English games, no police with dogs, no water cannon or tear gas & yet we are to believe its all the English fault that tournaments are dogged by bad behaviour right? You should get out of the 1980's and 'open your eyes' a bit, then you might see the truth of it.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No fences to cage people in at English games, no police with dogs, no water cannon or tear gas & yet we are to believe its all the English fault that tournaments are dogged by bad behaviour right? You should get out of the 1980's and 'open your eyes' a bit, then you might see the truth of it.
Man , I know that situation in England improved greatly , when it comes to safety . But there were plenty incidents involving english fans abroad in this century and the 80s are long gone . As I said booing and stomping on flags is very provocative and rude . I realize that this is probably minority but it gets stuck in memory . I watch also boxing and they even booed american anthem when Joshua won his first title .

Old 11-15-2017, 09:49 AM

630 posts, read 527,122 times
Quote:

I like the german fans the most . Their doping is loud , yet they are not violent . I was really surprised when I went to bundesliga match , that fans of the opposite teams are not separated from each other . That would be unthinkable in Poland .
German fans not violent? Maybe not in Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ATOCjhAy8

Old 11-15-2017, 10:12 AM

630 posts, read 527,122 times
Quote:
I hate teams that dive,Portugal are another lot of divers,Ronaldo would win Olympic gold.
At the end of the play-off against Italy, Swedish players engaged in anti-football tricks and tactics since they had their qualification in the bag. I think this a condescending perspective viewing Northern countries as honest, while their southern counterparts engaging in dishonest behaviors. However, all teams engage in defensive style of play when it serves them. What about the infamous english "kick and rush"? The "diving" thing is something all teams engage in, but English people love to use as an excuse for their lack of success at football tournaments. And I don't even have any particular sympathy for Italy.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
German fans not violent? Maybe not in Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ATOCjhAy8
Well , I admitted , that you can find idiots and black sheep in every country .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer