Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 PM

61 posts, read 67,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Pelham, clempson got a BCS bowl because they have to accept 2 teams from the ACC. The obvious first choice is FSU. Then, they HAD to pick another team from the ACC. Who else was it going to be? Duke? There isn't anybody else. clemspon got into the BCS bowl because the ACC is a weak conference and they had nobody else to pick from.

Same story goes for the SEC. Only 2 teams. But look at who they had to choose from. Bama, Mizzou, Auburn, USC. All top 10 teams. Auburn was an automatic. Then they had to choose from the other 3 to fill one slot. Pretty tough competition. Unheard of in the ACC.

So until you have to play with that kind of competition every week (unlike weak forest, ga tech, duke, uva, maryland, syracuse, boston college, et all) I seriously doubt you have any legs to stand on. When Duke is playing in the title game for your conference, there is something seriously wrong. And to add to that......Not only was Duke playing in the title game, they were barely even ranked and a 5 TD underdog in the game.

Awesome conference!

The new playoff system will hopefully eliminate that kind of unfairness going forward.
Duke had a decent squad this year and FSU can blow out most teams. I think Duke could play with the lower half of the SEC this year and could have pulled off an upset or two against the top programs.

GIven SC barely beat some bad teams like Florida and Vanderbilt it isn't likely SC would steamroll through the ACC. Most ACC schools are at least as good as Tenn. Who did SC play this year outside of Clemson and at UGA and at Missouri? I doubt Central Florida is ranked if they played in a better conference, they got lucky to beat an awful Temple team. Missouri didn't really beat anybody either, they beat a banged up UGA team on the road. Ole miss on the road, and a weak defense Texas AM team at home were really their best two wins this year and they choked to a SC team in the 4th quarter and SC wasn't exactly lighting it on offense this year. SC does lose that if Mizzouri had their start qb but obviously Missouri's defense was pretty weak, they couldn't stop Auburn's one dimensional run defense, i never seen anything like that, trying to use a 3 man front against a run based offense seems pretty dumb to me. lol

Given the divisions in the SEC, the idea it is the best conference is bit a joke. SC gets to play Kentucky, Tenn, Vanderbilt every year and Florida has sucked the last 3 out of 4 years. They got to play Ark the past 2 years and Ark couldn't suck much more. If SC had to play Auburn, LSU, Bama, Texas AM, Ole Miss along with UGA and Florida then maybe you could brag some.

There is no way SC wouldn't lose some games in the ACC. It isn't automatic that you beat teams that on paper on you have more talent than, because SC has lost games like this every year the past 5 years, Tenn this year, Auburn last year, Kentucky and Vanderbilt a few times, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
NO don't ban him, its too much fun picking on him hahaha!!

Clemson is lucky they are ranked 12th. BCS rules say you must be top 14 to get an at large BCS bid. Had USC run the score up on Clemson- like they could have- Clemson may have dropped to 15th and not been eligible for the BCS at large haha!
SC couldn't run up the score despite 6 turnovers by Clemson. think about that for a second. lol

Clemson deserved an at large, FSU would kill every team if they can beat Clemson like that. So we only had one bad loss and it was on the road to an overrated SEC team which is basically Florida from the 90s. lol

Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
As I understand it, the bowl committee gets to invited which teams they want to play. With FSU being the only ACC team in the top ten, I think they figured #12 Clemson was still a better chance of a more even game with #7 Ohio State than Duke at #24. Of course, they may have thought that last year with WV and Clemson.

It does seem odd that Duke, being the runner-up in the ACC (and Clemson in third place), was passed over but that is why the BCS is changing. Just like South Carolina being in the top ten (#9) gets passed over because of too many SEC teams.

Oh well, next year should be interesting. I'm just glad South Carolina is doing well.
Duke didn't deserve it over Clemson. CLemson had 1 lost in the ACC, DUke had two, and didn't have to play FSU in the regular season. Plus Duke lost to G Tech at home while CLemson beat G Tech.

Clemson has been denied a place in the ACC title game two years in a row b/c of the one lost to FSU. If they didn't have the stupid division thing Clemson and FSU would be in the title games the past few years.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,553,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Pelton View Post
SC couldn't run up the score despite 6 turnovers by Clemson. think about that for a second. lol

Clemson deserved an at large, FSU would kill every team if they can beat Clemson like that. So we only had one bad loss and it was on the road to an overrated SEC team which is basically Florida from the 90s. lol
Dude;

51 to 14 is always a bad loss, no matter how you slice it, especially at home.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Interesting about the rankings, CD2013.

I was talking with a Clemson friend this week. She said they were "scared to death" about facing Alabama after what happened with Auburn. Now, I think Ohio State might be even more determined to annihilate Clemson to prove they should be in the BCS game. We might have another West Virginia/FSU-type game to watch.
Ohiho State has a weak secondary that our WRs should exploit.

I think it will be more like the LSU game last year because SC fans only seem to remember the WV game but they forget about the 63-17 game at SC in 2003. We did to you what WV did to us at a neutral field, at your place in 2003. Every program has been there. Clemson actuallly scored more points though. lol

If Clemson beats OSU, nobody is going to care about the SC game. I still can't believe how much ***** brag when they lost to a sorry Tenn team. First SEC win in like 3 years for Tenn. You got lucky in the Zou game too even with their backup qb playing. It will be interesting at SC next year post-Shaw and Clowney and some of their guys on defense.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Dude;

51 to 14 is always a bad loss, no matter how you slice it, especially at home.
FSU would kill SC. SC lost to Tenn. That FSU game about turnovers, starting on the very first pass of the game.

FSU has an unbelievable secondary, they can play man to man on our WRs which i don't think any other school can do.

Shaw always gets exposed against elite defenses b/c they take away his running and he not that good at moving the ball down the field in short chunks. If Clemson could stop his running on broken plays on 3rd and long, they would have won this year, along with the ball security thing. lol SC's best thing on offense is Shaw's quickness , not really designed stuff. lol

Clemson-OSU has been ranked no.2 or no.3 best bowl game this year. If SC was in it it would be way down the list. lol most college fball fans hate Spurrier and Clowney is bit of a joke now too.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:28 PM

372 posts, read 659,963 times
Great. Now Pelham-ClemsonTiger45 is now Dean Pelton

Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
Great. Now Pelham-ClemsonTiger45 is now Dean Pelton
Yes, that is correct, I'm now the gayest character in television history. lol Maybe i'll start talking about SEC football manly men standing over weak ACC qbs. b/c that is in no way gay much like all the dresses I wear every episode. lol

Pelham was actually Pierce and I was in character, you guys. lol

Old 12-13-2013, 08:22 PM

12,968 posts, read 18,825,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Pelton View Post

If that ref hadn't gotten in the way twice and USC had tried for another TD for the fun of it at the end of the game, we don't know how much they might have run the score up.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
If that ref hadn't gotten in the way twice and USC had tried for another TD for the fun of it at the end of the game, we don't know how much they might have run the score up.
refs are part of the field, you can't complain about that. clemson could argue he would using the ref as a blocker. lol

you said Duke deserved BCS over CLemson despite Duke having 1 more loss in the ACC so you have no crediblity.

SC's got a decent defense especially up front. but they were lucky to only have two losses this year, they could have just as easily been a 7-5 kind of team given their low margin of victory in their games. Even that Florida team with absolutely no offense was in the game with them until last possession.

as long as SC doesn't have another running qb coming in Clemson should stop the streak next year. lol running qbs always go off on us. clemson actually has morre success forcing SC into a lot of 3rd and longs the past 2 years than any other team we play and somehow they convert like 90 percent of these. lol just kind of a fluke thing the past 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina