Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Take your gripe to Fox Business, its' links, its sources. They posted it. I just shared it.

I post a lot because I like coming on here to post about the city I love.

I wonder why YOU post so much on here about Charleston...while living in Cheraw....er, I mean, in Charlotte.

I did, however, post in the Charlotte forum to congratulate you guys on being named America's #1 NASCAR city. Our Spoleto Festival guests from all around the country, and world, last weekend probably didn't know that, but, maybe they'll visit one day and tour the race car museum. Heck, they can take in a race!
They are funny posts considering the official source for data has you with 5k IT jobs. But, ok, keep on saying Charleston is similar to Austin. You failed to mention that most of your references are for small to mid sized markets. You are playing for 75th place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 09:25 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,958,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
They are funny posts considering the official source for data has you with 5k IT jobs. But, ok, keep on saying Charleston is similar to Austin. You failed to mention that most of your references are for small to mid sized markets. You are playing for 75th place.
BenefitFocus is rather large, and it's adding around 1200 jobs in the next few years?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:25 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,248 times
Seriously, this fact just hit me.

Gov Haley runs as the "jobs Governor".

And its an election year.

If there was a frog's chance in hell of getting Toyota to South Carolina...she'd have been all over it.

She wasn't. They knew what Toyota knew a while back. That TM wasn't interested in the Charlotte area.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't. Fox Business did. Told you that 3 times now.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
BenefitFocus is rather large, and it's adding around 1200 jobs in the next few years?
Fox Biz said SPARC is the fastest growing IT company in the nation. Also in Charleston.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah.....we got all that, the whole part about how you said SC politicians should go against the natural instinct of every politician on planet Earth of any country or city, and probably the same instinct as politicians on far away life hosting planets of galaxies yet undiscovered.

Yep, the state (aka, politicians from the Greenville metro) pushed BMW...to the upstate. Not to York. Again...see the above.

Who knows...maybe our folks in SC had the wisdom to know that Toyota really wasn't too thrilled about coming to Charlotte anyway. I mean...what would their rich HQ employees have to do on weekends?? Drive 3 hours to Charleston?? They found a great place in Texas. A great business city...with a great social and cultural and nature scene as well.

But, aside from how you think Toyota was oblivious to Mecklenburg having neighbors.......do you also think our "Jobs Jobs Jobs" Governor would ignore Toyota....IN AN ELECTION YEAR.....if she or her people thought there was a chance in hell York could get it? No. They know better.
What you don't get in your political world is that SC is missing on opportunities because of your dumb logic. Actually, the 50k or do new residents of Charlotte have plenty to do here, just refer to your Charleston threads about people visiting Charlotte force cause if what Charleston lacks. And, the execs of our fortune 500 company HQ seem to have plenty to do in the city. World class art museums, not a 17 day blitz, world class performing art venues with shows unique to the Carolina's.....again, year round not a 17 day blitz, sports....you get it.

As for Nikki, as you said, the state pushes certain metros. Are you arguing with yourself?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:34 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,958,651 times
Quote:
What you don't get in your political world is that SC is missing on opportunities because of your dumb logic. Actually, the 50k or do new residents of Charlotte have plenty to do here, just refer to your Charleston threads about people visiting Charlotte force cause if what Charleston lacks. And, the execs of our fortune 500 company HQ seem to have plenty to do in the city. World class art museums, not a 17 day blitz, world class performing art venues with shows unique to the Carolina's.....again, year round not a 17 day blitz, sports....you get it.

As for Nikki, as you said, the state pushes certain metros. Are you arguing with yourself?
The state pushes metros that are actually in the state, rather than those in other states. To say nothing of the fact that Charleston has a good bit more history than Charlotte, things such as the oldest museum and theatre in the country.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
That's nice, now you will be at 6k IT jobs. Not exactly Austin. As I said BofA has thousands of tech jobs on W Trade St.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I didn't. Fox Business did. Told you that 3 times now.
You should read your source, no one in their right mind is comparing Charleston with Austin.

Like I said, check you source, the links from Fox Business are CRDA. They are writing an article with data published by a chamber type organization......LOL. You are funny.

This gets better, the author is a Charleston resident, Stanfield Gray. He is also Music editor for Charleston Magazine and doubles as CEO of Dig South. Keep up the good work CD, you are citing great articles.

Last edited by GSP101; 05-27-2014 at 10:05 PM..

Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
The state pushes metros that are actually in the state, rather than those in other states. To say nothing of the fact that Charleston has a good bit more history than Charlotte, things such as the oldest museum and theatre in the country.
History, yes. I actually like Charleston and visit. But, the over the top cheerleading by CD is humerous. I don't pretend Charlotte is perfect or is going to challenge Atlanta as the South's leading city. But, it passed Charleston long ago even after spotting Charleston the rich history.

CD trashed Charlotte because I challenged his theory that Charleton could get an NFL team. Since then, he has come up with about every sorry argument to discredit the city, even called Southpark ghetto.

Metro Charlotte us partly in SC. The state would be wise to promote the area in addition to the three SC centered metros. That was my original comment that got CD mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina