Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 PM

15 posts, read 55,974 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I am relocating to Mount Pleasant and need to find a reliable moving company to take me from NJ to SC. Can anyone who relocated from NJ recommend a company they were pleased with? I am located in central NJ near the shore.
Also, if you can give me an idea of how expensive it was. Thanks so much for your help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 08:30 PM

113 posts, read 462,132 times
Hi SRMOM. We will be relocating to Easley,SC hopefully in late August if all goes well with the sale of our home. I too am from Central Jersey, Jackson/New Egypt area. I'm in the process of looking myself. I did receive a card in the mail just the other day from"Classic Moving & Storage" Offices are listed in Pt.Pleasant & Toms River. The number is 732-286-1999. The fee is based on the weight & mileage so it is hard to determine until you get close to the actual move. They were very helpful on the phone and did suggest that I call them in June for an anticipated move in early Sept. so they would come out and give an estimate on what you have etc. That's the best I can do. He did suggest that the more you do yourself ahead of time the less expensive it will be. If you can pack and properly label boxes that would help.
Good Luck and let me know how you makeout if you use them. The good thing is that this company also does the loading and wraps everything .
Happy moving.
Dan

Old 04-27-2007, 10:54 PM

104 posts, read 458,488 times
movingscam.com has GREAT information on moving!! Make sure you check them out. And make sure whatever company you DO choose is NOT on their "black list"!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:36 AM

425 posts, read 1,571,109 times
We are moving from PA and had quotes from $4,800- $5,600 and decided to move ourselves with a 26 ft Penske truck at a cost of $1,200. I am putting the money we are saving toward new furniture.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,522 times
Same with us - moved from Bergen Cty. NJ to SC. We rented a Penske Truck 26' for about $1200 also -

We can hire people to load and unload for you.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Thank you for all your help. I got a lot to think about!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 AM

397 posts, read 1,071,817 times
Hi there, we moved from Jersey City, to Mount Pleasant SC and hired ABF Trucking, it was awesome! The catch it, they drop the truck off, and you load it yourself, when it's done - you call them and they drop off the driver and they take off! It cost only about $900. They take about 3 days. When they arrived here, they called us ahead of time, and we hired 2 local guys from a temp agency $12/hr per guy - to unload it....it was great. Let me know if you need any more information. Whereabouts are you moving to? We love it here! You can email me at theresemed@aol.com directly if you like. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 AM

70 posts, read 218,112 times
Hi all - I'm glad to see that there are so many of us 'jerseians' relocating to the area.

Allentown - we are just north of you off of rt 130!

As for moving company - Lowes has a deal with Allied van lines, you can go to the Lowes website http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...rd=improvement and in the bottom right hand corner click on Lowes Moving Center. I haven't received my quote yet but just did it today. Hope this helps!

We'll have to start a club when we all get down there familes from NJ or something! Lots of Luck to you all!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM

I had no idea about Lowes and will check it out. I was thinking of Penske or Pods but can't load/unload the truck on my own. I guess I could try a temp. agency. Any other ideas?

On another note, I ask on this site if there were any clubs for people who relocate to the area from the Northeast. Seems like we need to start one!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina