Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM

207 posts, read 507,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Devil's advocate here.

In fact, I love snow, cold, and winter and I abhor sunshine. You can get used to it and may even like it if you bring an open mind.

Seriously, you abhor sunshine? That sounds totally strange to me. How can that be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM

649 posts, read 1,768,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperbelle View Post
Seriously, you abhor sunshine? That sounds totally strange to me. How can that be?

ya believe it or not there's lots of people who don't like 365/24/7...same old same old sunshine days....it can be boring, it's nice to see 4 seasons and experience changes in the weather.... hard to believe but lots do or why else would they CHOOSE to live in snow country. so sneer all you want ms/mr california but not everyone envies california weather.....sometimes in the middle of winter i'm ready for a warm sunny day, but i'd still takesnow country over one season, year round sun!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
ya believe it or not there's lots of people who don't like 365/24/7...same old same old sunshine days....it can be boring, it's nice to see 4 seasons and experience changes in the weather.... hard to believe but lots do or why else would they CHOOSE to live in snow country. so sneer all you want ms/mr california but not everyone envies california weather.....sometimes in the middle of winter i'm ready for a warm sunny day, but i'd still takesnow country over one season, year round sun!
Redhead, you should lighten up. I'm not sneering anyone. Just asking a simple question to learn about another person's perspective. I'm fully aware that we are individuals and all have different tastes, likes and dislikes, etc...thank you for not enlightening me at all. I'm so tired of all this **** talk about Californians. That came out of nowhere...What the hell?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 PM

redhead

431 posts, read 220,597 times

"vesperbelle thanks so much for your input on spokane and hope you have a safe trip home. family is very important, and even though any place california is much more expensive then spokane, having family around makes is worth the expense. i'm from calif as well and when the snow started falling in november i decided to return to calif too. i'm very tired of being housebound due to snow and ice, but after researching property cost and considering the increase in taxes, both sales and income take and my car insurance going up, and paying twice as much for a decent appartment then i pay here, i decided to stay put and suffer through the winters. you're right about nothing like being able to walk outside any day of the year and not worry about slipping and falling down or freezing. or not worring about driving in solid ice and thick snow. living in snow country is lots more hazardous then anything in california. so i envy you but i'm going to suffer through these winters; at least until i win the lottery and can afford to live back in california."

Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM

649 posts, read 1,768,560 times
Quote:
Redhead, you should lighten up. I'm not sneering anyone. Just asking a simple question to learn about another person's perspective. I'm fully aware that we are individuals and all have different tastes, likes and dislikes, etc...thank you for not enlightening me at all. I'm so tired of all this **** talk about Californians. That came out of nowhere...What the hell?

you don't think you didn't sound sneering??? if not then what was your point??? sure sounded like a rhetorical question to me! so if you don't like being called on then check your own self.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM

My point to you would be completely missed. Calm down woman. geez. Sounds like a day in the sun is exactly what you need.

Last edited by vesperbelle; 03-23-2011 at 05:56 PM..

Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 PM

59 posts, read 160,636 times
I don't like the sun either, I thrive in gloomy weather. I'm not a big fan of rain though.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius 09 View Post
I don't like the sun either, I thrive in gloomy weather. I'm not a big fan of rain though.
Here's another Floridian who agrees with you, though I can deal with rain ok. After 40 years of heat and sun, overcast, chilly and rainy sounds like Heaven.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
I prefer overcast. When I think sun, I think hot. I don't like being hot. I'd rather be cold.

For instance, if I'm outside doing an outdoor activity, I'd prefer the sun not be out.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times
LOL. Come on people, everyone is different. Some like sun, some like clouds, some like year-round perfect weather, some like seasons. Nothing to get mad about. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area