Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 AM

15 posts, read 22,735 times

Advertisements

This thread is starting to make anywhere sound better than Spokane. We want to move FROM the 3rd world, not TO it. Utopia does not exist but it is getting more and more difficult to consider Spokane as our best choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
I recently came back from Sacramento area, and the whole city of Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom, ElDorado hills are all solid throughout - I can tell anybody 'you can move in there' and not have to specify blocks or warn them about anything because all of them are nice.
Ummm, well, if you're going to pick out middle-class+ suburban areas and make this statement, well, that's pretty easy to do.

Liberty Lake, Mead, Colbert, Newman Lake, all solid throughout, no need to specify blocks.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
^Confirmed Spokies?
Nah. But lots of folks in Spokane would consider those tats to die for. Unfortunately, they'd be speaking figuratively.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2WA View Post
This thread is starting to make anywhere sound better than Spokane. We want to move FROM the 3rd world, not TO it. Utopia does not exist but it is getting more and more difficult to consider Spokane as our best choice.
Re-read my earlier post. You'd love my neighborhood, though it's a little too new for craftsman style. However, there are plenty of craftsman-type houses in the South Hill sweet spot (roughly between the east-west streets 14th and 29th, and the north-south streets High Drive and Grand Boulevard), which is pretty big.

Here are a couple:

Old 06-03-2014, 06:02 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Whenever I ask for advice, I only consider one or two sources as well. Especially if one of the sources has not been in the area I'm asking about for a while. Generalities are what I go for. Blanket statements are always good. I also never question someone when all they say is negative things about a place. I assume that the negative people are representative of the whole.

There are a few people, like about 17 or 18 that actually like Spokane.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Whenever I ask for advice, I only consider one or two sources as well. Especially if one of the sources has not been in the area I'm asking about for a while. Generalities are what I go for. Blanket statements are always good. I also never question someone when all they say is negative things about a place. I assume that the negative people are representative of the whole.

There are a few people, like about 17 or 18 that actually like Spokane.
Outrageous understatement is what floats my boat. And micron-thinly-veiled sarcasm.

Liking Spokane? Too many facets. E.g.: Like the lack of drama. Dislike the mulishness. Like the flowers n birdies n trees. Dislike the lapdogs driving luxury cars. Like the frosty Christmas. Dislike the frosty Easter...

Last edited by Yeledaf; 06-03-2014 at 06:19 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Outrageous understatement is what floats my boat. And micron-thinly-veiled sarcasm.

Liking Spokane? Too many facets. E.g.: Like the lack of drama. Dislike the mulishness. Like the flowers n birdies n trees. Dislike the lapdogs driving luxury cars. Like the frosty Christmas. Dislike the frosty Easter...
Come one Yel, you have to admit that my sarcasm if rarely thinly veiled

Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Come one Yel, you have to admit that my sarcasm if rarely thinly veiled
Only to the sensitive reader. <snif>

Old 06-03-2014, 08:26 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I will chime-in just to give some of my thoughts on spoKOMPTON.

I won't go too deeply into what I like.....there is quite a bit, especially the great weather.

One of the negatives about spoKOMPTON that really eats at me is a LOT of the people seems like they don't mind a dirty/trashy environment.

When I lived in San Diego.....I owned a lot in a place called Mountain View. This area is considered a pretty ghetto part of San Diego......lots of illegals and other foreigners . Well, the people that lived in that area had no problem with throwing bags of trash and other debris anywhere and everywhere. I would have to visit my property a couple of times a week to clear-out the "fresh" trash that people had dumped. It wasn't just my property.....it seemed like there was trashy everywhere.

Just the other day, I witnessed a young man finish his lunch and toss the food wrappers out his window like it was no big deal. I have seen folks take a container of old ciggie-butts and just dump them on the ground....WTF! You go to a lot of the stores in this area and the parking lots, grounds and planters have trash and filthy ciggie butts all over......pretty nasty.

But on the PLUS side.......spoKOMPTON is home to the inventor of the fatcart that is also a rolling porta-potty, you can poop while you are rolling through the store.

Seriously, spoKOMPTON is mainly a very, very trashy city!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:38 PM

On the other hand, Spokane's street department washes and sweeps the streets regularly -- at least in MY neighborhood (ahem)...

Individual nasty people do not a nasty city make.

Spend less time in those parking lots, tick! Get out and smell the ozone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area