Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:16 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times

Advertisements

Any new comers to the Branson Area interested in starting a New Comers club? I belonged to a club in Las Vegas that was for ladies of all ages who had lived in the area less than 5 years. It was great way to meet new people in an area where you didn't know anyone and a good excuse to meet for lunch with locals once a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:44 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Just thought I would bring this up to the top in case some of you ladies missed it (any way we can tie the gals up outside of the house on game day makes us guys very happy ) Public service can be tough at times but I will continue to do my part

Old 07-10-2007, 05:04 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times
I am not in the area yet ... but would like to be kept on a "list" so when I get there ... I will know my way around and meet people!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Thumbs up New Comers Club! Yaaaayyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Any new comers to the Branson Area interested in starting a New Comers club? I belonged to a club in Las Vegas that was for ladies of all ages who had lived in the area less than 5 years. It was great way to meet new people in an area where you didn't know anyone and a good excuse to meet for lunch with locals once a month.
I'm in...I can probably do once a month. You did lunch? That sounds great.
What shall we call it?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Count me In! if I am in the area!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default We'll set it up.

Cool. The group in Las Vegas met once a week (the library lent us a room) and they posted the meeting in a local (free) pennysaver type newpaper so it was open to all ladies new(er) to the area. Someone usually brought some sort of inexpensive munchie. The meetings lasted about an hour depending on how many ladies came...mostly a social thing with intro's, suggestions for lunches, etc. Shared information about shopping, doctors, dentists, etc. The stuff you never know the inside scoop on when moving into a new area. We did lunch once a month. It was great fun. Ladies ranged in age from about 25 to 75. ~50-50 split on the married/single end of things.

I'll see what I can do to get this going. I need a co-conspirator though...we travel from time to time for a month at a time. JanetB?

Mrs Chilicook

Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Cool.
I'll see what I can do to get this going. I need a co-conspirator though...we travel from time to time for a month at a time. JanetB?
I'm happy to help...let me think about a place.
JB
I don't travel.
But happy for you that you do!

Do we have a name? We need a name!
I call myself a "Recovering Californian"...but that won't work for everyone.
How about "Newcomers Anonymous"?
Or NFH Group? (Not "from" here...)

Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times
Transplants R Us - TRU "TRU FRIENDS"

Old 07-11-2007, 02:36 PM

Question Ozarks Area Newcomers Club?

OK...doesn't appear too much response to this thread...so should we expand it to include all the little towns around?
I think it's a great idea...any of you who haven't responded...tell me why.
Would a breakfast be better?
Or a cocktail hour?
Or....

Old 07-11-2007, 08:30 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
OK...doesn't appear too much response to this thread...so should we expand it to include all the little towns around?
I think it's a great idea...any of you who haven't responded...tell me why.
Would a breakfast be better?
Or a cocktail hour?
Or....
Sorry been busy with trying to find a place but I like Transpant R Us... funny funny honey. How about something like Hillybilly Momma's or Miss'Ourian Momma No huh! Think think......um nothing coming out.

Brunch might be the best all around but don't mind me I don't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area