Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 PM

10 posts, read 36,189 times

Advertisements

here are some tried and true restaurants i really enjoy

tong's thai place on campbell

soo's korean restaurant on campbell is fantastic too!

canton inn on sunshine...it's more of a take-out place but the food is good and cheap and the workers are super nice

bamboo inn on glenstone...it's really dinky and looks dilapitated but the spicy pork fried rice is fantastic! (i love spicy food and the spicy pork fried rice gives me a run for my money!) other than the cleanliness issue...the prices are kinda strange in that you will pay different prices for the same thing at different times? i don't get it either.

bambu vietnamese restaurant on battlefield...really good and authentic vietnamese food in HUGE portions

ohana japanese restraunt on campbell and battlefield next to lone star...lol..we just came back from eating there and it's got really good sushi and hibachi. the service time is kinda slow but the people are always nice. kinda pricey compared to the rest of the restaurants.

haruno's on fremont....very nice atmosphere and good food.

sakura on national...good and fresh sushi...can be a long wait at times but there's a local delivery company that will deliver to your house.

gem of india on campbell...very authentic...not fantastic but not bad either

izume hatake...downtown on walnut...kinda small place but good sushi too.

thai pepper on sunshine..it's relatively authentic but service varies from really good to really bad.

i'm sure there are more that i am forgetting but this should be good to start with...

there's also a new sushi place downtown called kai that i've heard lots of good things about but haven't tried...

hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default Not an only child anymore!!

barbharp, we can't wait til you arrive!! Wish you were here for tomorrows coffee club meeting! Some of the worlds finest people will be there, or will be wishing that they could be! Right, mrscc?
Yes, Stonebridge is pretty, but I do like the "country" feel of Saddlebrooke. I know you will love it!
Nicols,(Ledgestone Grill is downstairs) opens at 5, and is much more upscale than the grill. I have known Bob Nicol for several years. He is a great chef and a wonderful man. My best friend has worked for him for over 18 years!!
I am a former Texan. http://bestsmileys.com/cowboy1/3.gif (broken link)Lived in Houston suburbs for over 10 years, then lived in and around Austin for 9 years. (I was an Army brat, too, so there have been MANY travels!!) We Moved to Cape Fair, MO in Nov. of '99, then bought our house in Kimberling City in Nov. 2001. LOVE IT!!!! We are a block from the Lake and have a nice view. My dh is a musician/carpenter, so we are in a constant state of remodel lately. His "show" is closed until March, so he is working on the house. (I'm getting hardwood floors and new front bathroom!!!)
I will not be stressed out! I will not be stressed out! http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/7.gif (broken link)

Love the idea of a dining club! I love trying new foods, as well! I'm getting excited to meet my new sister!!http://bestsmileys.com/love2/23.gif (broken link)

Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Yep...we'll be working on a Travelin' Gourmet Club.. I can't wait.

I think you may have had lunch at Ledgstone Grill in Stonebridge. Nichols is a dinner house upstairs. It's wonderful. They do a killer nut crusted chicken with almond liquor sause.

Mostly I miss Indian food. Found good Thai and good Vietnamese (Bambu is great but has a fairly limited menu). You can easily find good and bad Italian. For my tastes, mostly poor/fair Chinese but there are a couple that meet more with my taste (Szechauan or Hunan). We also found a dim sum in a couple of places. Good steak is still a bit allusive...Sullivans on the landing was WONDERFUL but has closed being replaced by The Texas Land and Cattle Company in March (according to the corp. feedback). I've heard that Wormans (spelling?) out at Big Cedar is good. Agentina Steakhouse in Springfield is great. But more and more restaurants with a wider variety of offerings open (and unfortunately close) every year.

Let us know when you going to be here in June and we'll plan a coffee club meet around your schedule. Like "D" says...it's a great group of people. And most of us are from California strangely enuf...

Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Default A new family!

hey..I think you can have lots of sisters out here. Maybe even a brother or two.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM

12 posts, read 32,317 times
Please keep writing about good places to eat in Springfield area.
We are between Baton Rouge and Springfield since we bought a home in Springfield.
Currently in Baton Rouge with house for sale here. Be back when it is warmer.
I cook a lot but we like to eat out at least once a week.
So far have a couple of decent Italian but one Mexican that was OK closed up by the time we made a trip back. One pretty good Oriental, Panera OK.
I have cooked crawfish ettoufe over cornbread dressing twice, shrimp boil and red beans for my family up there so far. They are getting spoiled every trip.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM

Default Nonna's

We ate at Nonna's Italian in downtown Springfield this past week and it was WONDERFUL! Had a fusilli with an artichoke cream sauce that was to die for. And followed by the BEST Tirimisu that I've had outside San Fransisco!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default Us girls love our food!!

Yummy fusilli! I had never even heard of that, so I googled and found out that it is similar to rotini pasta. Artichoke cream sauce sounds divine.

I went to Tsunami's (next to Shogun's in Branson) Sunday and had a Firecracker roll and a "Heart Attack". The "Heart Attack" is Crab, tempura shrimp, cream cheese, spicy tuna and a fresh jalepeno pepper, rolled in Nori, tempura breaded and deep fried. My most favorite food in the world!! This week! If you really enjoy hot stuff, it is the bomb!!!!!

mrschilicook~ Missed ya Sat! It was TOOO cold, but we made it!! Scott will be back @ Ahoy's Sat. Feb. 2nd...C'ya there? They have the usual bar food, including Fried crawfish, kalimari and clams.....Decent steaks and tasty Coconut and Blackened Shrimp. I always get hungry when I visit this thread......

Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM

27 posts, read 113,037 times
Springfield

Avanzare - Italian, great food
Gilardi's - Italian
Thai House
Thai Peppers
Bijans - not really ethnic but they have great seafood
Haruno - great sushi
Rasta Grill - Jamaican, Love it
Al Rubai - middle eastern - the lobster bisque is to dye for
Ocean Zen
Bruno's - Italian

Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,590 times
Wife and I have been out to branson area several times and always stop at Zoeys. We love the attention to detail and always leave trying something new. We own a lot in Stonebridge but am hearing good things about Saddlebrooke. Does anyone know if you can get a lot in the area of 5 acres?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM

15 posts, read 77,908 times
Thank you for your Zoey suggestion...I have that restaurant mentioned several times. It sounds as though you are also a Californian...is that true? We live in Orange County and bought a lot in Saddlebrooke last year. We plan to move there and build in a year of so. Yes you certainly can get a lot there for over 5 or under 5 acres. We love the area and find it to be very beautiful, peaceful and so refreshing when compared to the hustle and bustle of southern Ca. The people at Saddlebrooke are really great....helpful, friendly and appear to be very honest. Stonebridge is also very lovely. We almost bought there and then we saw Saddlebrooke and the magic of it captured us.

We'll be sure to check out Zoey's when we visit in the summer. Appreciate your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area