Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:59 PM

27 posts, read 58,340 times

Advertisements

Do you have brain damage or something? Where did I state in any of my posts that I am against hunting or fishing?
Fried rabbit sounds good to me! So does some freshly caught fish.
Oh. Wait. You don't have all your marbles, so never mind. Nothing is worse than talking to someone that is a moron.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
If you truly have trepidation about moving here then I would respectfully suggest that you don't. It's not for everyone and I can't imaging anything worse than making a 2,000+ mile move and hating it once you arrive.

Do yourself a favor. Visit a number of places you think would be right for you and make a knowing choice. It's not something to be taken lightly or rushed into. Your family's roots are no guarantor that you'll be happy here or fit in. The diversity you're used to is mostly absent, animals are considered just those and nothing more and change comes slowly.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
I assume you are leaving The Former California because of problems created by the...um...problems. I think you'll be welcome in Missouri, unless you bring some of the problems with you. Califorians are absolutely hated by people in Washington State, because when they fled California, they brought some of the problems with them. Washington State used to be as polite a place as Minnesota (ever heard of Minnesota Nice?) and Iowa. Not any more. Instead of stop sign intersections taking forever, because everybody was insisting everybody else go first, people are dying like flies, because problems from California routinely run stop signs. And the DMVs, emergency rooms, and public schools, look like they're in foreign countries.

Rumours that some rural areas in Missouri and Arkansas are controlled by criminal Hillbilly gangs are absolutely true. And they've associated with gangs of foreign origin, in order to broaden their distribution networks. Missourians are the sweetest people in the world, for the most part, but just beware. If someone intimates that your presence in a rural community is cramping their style.... take it very seriously. Consider yourself lucky to get the warning.

But if you're expecting everything to be rosy once you've made it out of the Once-Golden State, I've got news. The whole nation is dying. California is just the limb where the Gangrene is showing first.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaze View Post
Do you have brain damage or something? Where did I state in any of my posts that I am against hunting or fishing?
Fried rabbit sounds good to me! So does some freshly caught fish.
Oh. Wait. You don't have all your marbles, so never mind. Nothing is worse than talking to someone that is a moron.
Well, if you don't mind the sports of hunting and fishing, then maybe you're all right after all.

You need to drop the b*tchy attitude, though.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:11 PM

The only trepidation I have had lately is while reading this forum. I have been eagerly awaiting this for some time (the move). But the close it got to the time to be coming, the more I began to read here. Some have been pleasing to see. Some not. But it is getting close now...so I thought I would jump in. I should have just stayed silent and continued to lurk.
I am a hermit where I am. I can be a hermit there as well. And I can return to lurk mode, which is what I plan to do. I just do not have patience for bullies, obnoxious people who can't read or choose to insinuate things not said. It's stupid, a waste of my time, and boring.

To those who responded kindly, with understanding, thank you.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Well, if you don't mind the sports of hunting and fishing, then maybe you're all right after all.

You need to drop the b*tchy attitude, though.
As a mod, I should say something different here,,, however, the following is coming from me as a poster, someone from Missouri, so let me come right out instead and say the following instead: ozarksboy, its because of your in-your-face-attitude and demeanor, one that presumes to know everything about everyone, esp. those from certain states, that helps create the b*tchy attitude in quite a few people.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,940,853 times
I cannot even begin to imagine moving to a state that I had never even visited. I urge you to think about that. Is that really what you want to do?

I am moving to Springfield, probably sometime in 2010, but I have been spending all my vacation time there for the past four years, just exploring the town and that part of Missouri. I want to know what I am getting myself into and what I will like and dislike, before spending the money, time, and heartache to move.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
As a mod, I should say something different here,,, however, the following is coming from me as a poster, someone from Missouri, so let me come right out instead and say the following instead: ozarksboy, its because of your in-your-face-attitude and demeanor, one that presumes to know everything about everyone, esp. those from certain states, that helps create the b*tchy attitude in quite a few people.
It's a tough job, ShadowCaver, but someone must do it. I'm willing.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Just why is it that you think your pets will not be safe?
Sorry..I missed this post.

Snakes and critters I am not familiar with. The snake thread spoke of many different kinds..some are wanted in gardens because they eat rodents and insects...but some are deadly. Which ones are deadly and which are friendly..and which ones can strike and kill one of my dogs. The place we plan to move is in the country, so I am sure there are snakes and such. I just wanted to be sure I kept my dogs safe from unknown critters. Unknown to ME, due to the different species in a different state. Sorry I was not more clear.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:40 PM

9 posts, read 15,067 times
I got a truck. I got a car, too.. Nice thing is,
I don't have to worry bout them growing
little brown legs... Know what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area