Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:17 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,030,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
get your oil changed to 10/40 for sure, and dont forget about the anti-freeze!

I think you have that backwards. In colder weather you want a LIGHTER weight oil... not heavier..5W/30 for example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 PM

879 posts, read 2,882,882 times
Default Not as bad as painted

Okay...I'm the first one to admit that I hate winter, but it's not THAT cold.
It can get down to single digits at night in the winter...mostly Jan/Feb. but it won't be every day.

It can stay below freezing during the day, but it's for a day or a few days here and there. Mostly in the 40's with a smattering of cooler or warmer days.

We can get snow, but generally not much nor does it stick around too long.
I've been here two winters. I don't drive in snow/ice and I've only been "house bound" about 6 days total in two years. And not all at once.

You will need gloves, a warm coat, scarf, and hat. And boots...warm ones.
I find that restaurants, houses, and shopping areas keep their buildings too hot in the winter so I wear a light winter shirt under the warm coat I need when I have to be outside.

We have spells that are more like spring and spells that are "wintery". But it changes alot and nothing lasts too long. We do, however, get the occasional ice storm. Just plan on staying home. A good book, a hot toddy, and "a bag of ice melt" and you'll be all set.

Just hope we don't have one of those "winter events" in the week your moving.

And welcome to the area.....hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:42 AM

158 posts, read 376,956 times
No the winters aren't horrible here compared to other places that have harsher weather. Then again it depends on your point of view. If you ride the bus (instead of getting into your car from the comfort of your heated garage) and you get stuck waiting for an hour when it is 15 degrees outside with 20 mph winds, you might think you landed in the tundra!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area