Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 13,984 times

Advertisements

We are planning to buy a home in Coral Canyon and am wondering if anyone that lives there can answer some questions.

What are the people like there? Is it a nice place to live? Is it diversified?
Many families or is it mixed, such as retirees, singles, etc.
We are in our fifties, husband works, I'm retired. We are not religious people and are the CC & R's very restrictive? I understand the crime in Washington City is up. Is Coral Canyon a safe area? How will we be accepted in that environment? We don't want to live in a 55+ community. We know they are there in SG.

Thanks to all that may answer. It is very appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,009 times
Funny you should ask. We just closed on a home there in January, however we wont be moving in it until next year, and we live out of state right now.
We looked at many, many neighborhoods and Coral Canyon was the one that fit our needs the best. From what we could see, all ages lived in the development, its not strictly retirees.

Our real estate agent said it's a very safe area and c c & r's are a little restrictive, you can dm me for more specifics if you want.

Maybe we will be neighbors~

Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM

8 posts, read 49,997 times
We almost bought a home there. It seemed like there were more full-time people living there than in other areas of St. George like communities along Snow Canyon Parkway. I don't mind restrictive CC&Rs. I remember hearing from someone that you can't leave your trash can out overnight on trash day. Not sure if that's true or not. We liked the community there, but it seemed a little too far from civilization in the end.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM

6 posts, read 51,615 times
I am ready to buy or built a home in Coral Canyon, Right by the Golf course. I understand there is a Min home site of 2800-2900 sq ft there. I like that! I think at this time the area is great, not to far from the city of Saint George. I did not see alot of people walking around just a few. Maybe they were watching my wife and I. LOL Anyway I think where ever you go you will have to adjust. I love the Area and My age is 55 and over all a great place for a family and your grandkids to come. Good luck in your Journey. Our new one is right around the corner.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 PM

29 posts, read 75,719 times
Coral Canyon is a completely new community, within the last 10 years. It was built in between Washington and Hurricane right off the freeway in what used to be a wasteland (just desert and sand). It looks pretty nice, very cookie cutter and it has a nice golf course, good access to shopping. If you like to fish there is a pond stocked with fish there and Quail lake is 5 minutes away.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Coral Canyon Golf course lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwilli5823 View Post
I am ready to buy or built a home in Coral Canyon, Right by the Golf course. I understand there is a Min home site of 2800-2900 sq ft there. I like that! I think at this time the area is great, not to far from the city of Saint George. I did not see alot of people walking around just a few. Maybe they were watching my wife and I. LOL Anyway I think where ever you go you will have to adjust. I love the Area and My age is 55 and over all a great place for a family and your grandkids to come. Good luck in your Journey. Our new one is right around the corner.
Ok good news for my wife and I . We bought a home on Crimson Fairway dr. across the street is the golf course Very very nice. Home size 3400 sq foot home 1 level. I have to say I am very happy with this area. CCR are not bad keeps things good for all of us. Pool area very nice for the family and grand kids. Walking trails all over. I still feel this was the best place, we looked all over saint george for 8 months and we kelp coming back to coral canyon . Good luck to all . Howie & Raejean

Old 08-03-2010, 05:12 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwilli5823 View Post
Ok good news for my wife and I . We bought a home on Crimson Fairway dr. across the street is the golf course Very very nice. Home size 3400 sq foot home 1 level. I have to say I am very happy with this area. CCR are not bad keeps things good for all of us. Pool area very nice for the family and grand kids. Walking trails all over. I still feel this was the best place, we looked all over saint george for 8 months and we kelp coming back to coral canyon . Good luck to all . Howie & Raejean
Welcome to Coral Canyon. I am sure you will love it. Someday I will move into my house there lol, for now I just go swimming occassionally with my grandaughter. You are right the pools are very nice.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 18,790 times
One rather serious problem with Coral Canyon is that there is a nearby dump and when the wind blows the right way it is enough to make you gag. My wife and I and our realtor looked at a house there when the wind was coming from the direction of the dump, and all three of us became nauseous.

A local who was in his yard confirmed what it was, and that it happens several times a month. (Apparently the prevailing winds don't normally come from that direction.)

I don't want to diminish anyone's excitement, but if I was considering buying there I'd sure like to know about this. We almost bought a house there, but were lucky enough to show up on the right (?) day.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 AM

I have not had that problem there.My home is on Crimson Fairway dr on the golf course and to date no smells. As far as a great place to live we have looked for almost a year and by far this was the best over all place to live. We are within 5 miles of everything you need. The best things that we love is how quite it is. O yes the pool is also a plus and HOA cant beat it $42.00 WOW. Lots of trails. What can I say come over take your shoes off and just SMILE . Bye for now and MAKE IT A GREAT DAY. Howie & Rae

Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 18,790 times
@ hwilli5823. I'm relieved to hear that, for you and all who live there. I hope the smell of the dump occurs less frequently than the local conveyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George