Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,199 times

Advertisements

Pain Street USA: '08 housing outlook - Yahoo! Real Estate (http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/pain_street_usa_2008_housing_outlook.html - broken link)

Read down a little and it mentions St. George being one of the hardest hit markets outside of the sunbelt, ie California, and Fl.

I find this interesting in the face of the realtors around here and the mass building going on when no one is buying. Glad I waited rather than get caught up in that unrealistic market when we moved here. We still own a condo we bought 2 years before they announced the SLC olympics. It's in Park City. That market is not falling that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM

77 posts, read 434,557 times
On the flip side we sold our home in Ca, when the housing was at the peak to move here...Considering our home there was worth a lot more than our current one, our loses here would be a lot less...

I still would like to think (Or Hope lol)...That eventually if we ride out the storm that, housing costs will rise again eventually.. Family property that we had back in the early 90's in Ca. was high in demand..When my mom passed away about 5 years later and we had to sell it we only got half of what she was offered years before...Then as luck would have it soon after that the property values rose again and it was worth triple.....Life Happens...

It's not like I have anywhere to go, and am still happy and content with the move here...No regrets in our case.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George