Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times

Advertisements

goodvedderbest - I was wondering about those cheers been hearing from that left ear!

postermom - you have nerves! Don't like to dislike something like this, but gosh durn do I dislike the Dead Things... Even all the other teams that I've grumbled about, at least they are fun rivalries [like tonight's game w/ the Black Chickens - well, used to be a very decent rivalry, but kinda lost steam of late I think?]. Anyhow, do you get to any games there, wearing the 'note, and get much flack from the locals?

So, has anyone come up w/ a decent [aka 'printable'] name for the new mascot?

Nevertheless, love that record so far! And to have beat the Nordiques, errrr,,, Avalanche, 4 to 1? Wow! And one thing [yes, way too early in the season, but still,,,] I do like how our GA is tied for 2nd best so far - great defense; keep that solid, and then up the offense, and might have a very interesting run this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM

275 posts, read 1,124,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
So, has anyone come up w/ a decent [aka 'printable'] name for the new mascot?
So I went out to the Blues website to submit my idea for the mascot name, and all they have are pre-determined names out there! I think he should be "Treble" to go along with the "note". "Here comes TREBLE!". Okay, corny, I know... my family is oh so embarrassed when I threaten to call the front office with it. But heck, it beats some of the other ideas out there...

Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 AM

lol - I love that, yea cornyish, but yet quite fitting... "Treble" FWIW, I voted Buble - something different... however, curious why that is there - as there is a Michael Bublé that is a semi-famous singer/actor [esp. in Canada], and a hockey fan, from what I gather?

Beat the ChickenHawks 3-1, and their only goal was a fluke. Legace almost had a SO!

Quote:
The BlackDucks' Williams' power-play goal made it 2-1 with 6:20 left in the period. His shot bounced off the back boards and landed on top of the St. Louis net. The puck rolled back over the crossbar and crossed the goal line before Legace knocked it out.

Play continued for another 1:08 before the next whistle. During the stoppage, referee Dan O'Halloran asked the NHL office in Toronto to review the play. After the goal was awarded, the clock was rolled back to the time the puck went in at 13:40.

Four game winning streak baby!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM

It was awesome! I hate to get too excited, but they are looking good so far!

I wondered about Buble too. Hmmm...

Quote:
lol - I love that, yea cornyish, but yet quite fitting... "Treble" FWIW, I voted Buble - something different... however, curious why that is there - as there is a Michael Bublé that is a semi-famous singer/actor [esp. in Canada], and a hockey fan, from what I gather?

Beat the ChickenHawks 3-1, and their only goal was a fluke. Legace almost had a SO!

Four game winning streak baby!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM

Here be some photos of game couple weekends ago... Was first NHL game for my mom [who has been big supporter/fan of the team since inception], and for the sons of shadow [they've been to minor league games before] - all three were tickled pink...

Overall, good game - except for losing and the boys in Blue playing kinda flat footed, and making terrible passes, and missing the puck when trying to shoot, and ...

Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Awesome pics Shadow!!! Good for Mom! Nothing like seeing it live. I'm in the doghouse right now because I made hubby forgo tomorrow nights game in lieu of a party - he had great tickets and everything. He missed last Sat's game for another party I made him attend! What's a girl to do... 'tis the season for parties! The win over the Wild was awesome. Legace is absolutely amazing. So far a great year.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:05 PM

16 posts, read 66,331 times
Quote:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Get your game face on!!!

And, in honour of one of my most favourite of all players, ever...

Great thread CB
Great post, Shadow Caver! I miss St. Louis so much but I may come back in 2008! I miss the city, the people, and the Blues! Al McGinnis was my favorite player, too, and I loved watching he and Pronger together! [b][I]GO BLUES!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Thanks postermom - hope to see ya there!

For those interested:

Quote:
Witness History in the Making at MacInnis Hall of Fame Night

Blues vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
Friday, November 16, 2007 - 7:30 p.m.

Former Blues defenseman Al MacInnis was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday, and the Blues will honor him with a pregame ceremony at the November 16 game vs. Columbus. Experience this once-in-a-lifetime event and order your tickets before they're gone! All fans in attendance will receive a free DVD highlight Al's career, courtesy of Peoples National Bank and FSN Midwest.
and

Quote:
Nominate a Student for Jam 'n Sal's Community Stars

Nominate a deserving student for Jam 'n Sal's Community Stars. Created by Blues players Jamal Mayers & Bryce Salvador, Community Stars recognizes students in grades 1 through 8 who perform good deeds in their school or community. Selected students will have the opportunity to meet Mayers & Salvador, and get free tickets to a Blues game. The fall deadline is November 23. For more information visit St Louis Blues - Community (http://blues.nhl.com/community/jam_n_sal.htm - broken link).

St. Louis Blues 14 Fund Offer for November 25 Game

During the November 25th game against Calgary, the St. Louis Blues 14 Fund will recognize fall 2007 grant recipients. In honor of this night, fans have the chance to purchase $25 mezzanine level tickets for only $14. To take advantage of this offer click on the link below or visit the Scottrade Center Box Office, and use the password BLUE14.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Another great night for the Blues last night! How 'bout that shutout!!! Legace was awesome!

GO BLUES!!!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times
I like the way the Blues built their team, slowly and steadily through the farm system, instead of going for the expensive quick fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis