Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:57 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times

Advertisements

Quite a few people that I know, have moved TO Texas, and not move out of TX.
I think, economically the top 3 fastest growing cities in U.S. are in TX. And looks like everyone is moving to Dallas.

Make sure to make a wise move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:53 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think, economically the top 3 fastest growing cities in U.S. are in TX. And looks like everyone is moving to Dallas.

The growth rates of the large Texas metros are astounding:

Boom! Dallas-Fort Worth population growth beaten by only one city | | Dallas Morning News

Old 06-05-2016, 10:17 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

I know a number of people who have moved both ways. They all seem happy with their choices.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:06 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,677,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Johnson View Post
Don't do it. You'll miss the friendliness of Texas as well as a robust and stable economy.
St. Louis is a dying, regressive rust belt city populated by some of the laziest, most indifferent people in the country.
Lol... I guess this is "Texas friendliness" huh troll?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:31 AM

197 posts, read 265,167 times
Cleveland has lost MSA population, St. Louis continues to grow, albeit it at a slow pace..

Old 08-28-2016, 05:20 PM

30 posts, read 22,815 times
From STL and now live in Dallas. Dallas is a fine city but it just doesn't have that "homey" feel that STL does. If i had a choice i would move back to STL. That being said it isn't right for everybody, no city is.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:53 PM

116 posts, read 211,770 times
"Originally Posted by Dorian Johnson Don't do it. You'll miss the friendliness of Texas as well as a robust and stable economy.
St. Louis is a dying, regressive rust belt city populated by some of the laziest, most indifferent people in the country."

Anyone claiming to share the name of Michael Brown's partner in crime Dorian Johnson, then trolling a STL board, is definitely nothing more than a troll.

To respond to gypsyjudy, your subjective sweeping generalizations are just ridiculous. To label an entire metro area as you do, shows your just one unhappy soul, who likely desires to live in her hometown or some place you've lived that you really loved. STL has as many great and bad points as any large metro area. We do not have beaches or mountains, but we have history, architecture, a great food culture, cultural amenities that outclass many bigger cities, as well as the majority of the retailors you would expect in any big city. The way I see it, you get everything a large city can offer, with less headaches. A lot of the amenities are free and there is plenty of variety with regards to living options. Needless to say, I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments and sweeping inaccurate generalizations. If you love Detroit that much, why not go back?.. Please!....

Old 09-03-2016, 06:17 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesBeach4Life View Post
The best advice I could give you about moving to St. Louis - DON'T.
Unless you're really into miserable summer weather, idiotic natives, bugs, lousy roads, overpriced food/utilities/taxes, a singular culture based on baseball/playing soccer in ghetto parts/eating fried unhealthy crap food, and no change of progressing beyond a 1970 mindset in a business, socioecononical or cultural sense...DON'T.
Don't you get tired of making new accounts, or are you just that bad at remembering login credentials?

Edit: Playing soccer in ghetto parts? Wonder where that one came from.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:16 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,070,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Don't you get tired of making new accounts, or are you just that bad at remembering login credentials?

Edit: Playing soccer in ghetto parts? Wonder where that one came from.
This is the former poster CarlosLevy. He used to do nothing but rail on STL for being fat and ignorant...not nearly as intelligent, fit, and hardworking as him. He got banned or put on ignore and now he's back for vengeance. Pathetic.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:46 PM

383 posts, read 392,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogtownBnR View Post
"Originally Posted by Dorian Johnson Don't do it. You'll miss the friendliness of Texas as well as a robust and stable economy.
St. Louis is a dying, regressive rust belt city populated by some of the laziest, most indifferent people in the country."

Anyone claiming to share the name of Michael Brown's partner in crime Dorian Johnson, then trolling a STL board, is definitely nothing more than a troll.

To respond to gypsyjudy, your subjective sweeping generalizations are just ridiculous. To label an entire metro area as you do, shows your just one unhappy soul, who likely desires to live in her hometown or some place you've lived that you really loved. STL has as many great and bad points as any large metro area. We do not have beaches or mountains, but we have history, architecture, a great food culture, cultural amenities that outclass many bigger cities, as well as the majority of the retailors you would expect in any big city. The way I see it, you get everything a large city can offer, with less headaches. A lot of the amenities are free and there is plenty of variety with regards to living options. Needless to say, I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments and sweeping inaccurate generalizations. If you love Detroit that much, why not go back?.. Please!....
You obviously cannot read. I never said I liked Detroit. It was Madison, WI. My hometown is not Madison, either. I just so happened to live there for an extended period and liked it. And I am not unhappy. I have a wonderful family, husband and life. I simply do not like St. Louis. It's a personal preference. I live here because my husband's job brought us here. I homeschool my kids, so I go where my husband goes. Yes, St. Louis has some good points. Cathedral Basilica is one. Yes, beautiful architecture, albeit a lot is in decay. I have made some positive comments about the area. I simply don't like it here. I make my personal assessment based on the other 8 or so places I have lived. I'm sorry if I have offended you. It's my personal opinion. No need to take it personally. Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis