Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 01:44 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Of course I got your point but that doesn't mean I don't get to bust your chops.
Fair enough

Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
This thread was started on a Florida forum. It was a look at the comparison in the weather that our northern friends and relatives are experiencing. Then along comes people who left, what can we call them? "Bailouts"?, and tell us how bad it was here for them. Also discontent with the contents of the thread.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
This thread was started on a Florida forum. It was a look at the comparison in the weather that our northern friends and relatives are experiencing. Then along comes people who left, what can we call them? "Bailouts"?, and tell us how bad it was here for them. Also discontent with the contents of the thread.
I just think its funny these come out every year at this time..Its like..see this is why i put up with heat and humidity all year so I can miss a couple snowstorms... shrug..pick yer poison.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
A couple of snowstorms? Okay.......enough to make national news every time it happens - and it seems like it happens more than a couple of times.

Its not just the snowstorms. Its the colder weather.

The heat - doesn't bother me. In fact I look forward to it. Gets the snowbirds out of here - I get the golf course to myself.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:20 PM

[quote=BucFan;17647336]A couple of snowstorms? Okay.......enough to make national news every time it happens - and it seems like it happens more than a couple of times.

Its not just the snowstorms. Its the colder weather.

The heat - doesn't bother me. In fact I look forward to it. Gets the snowbirds out of here - I get the golf course to myself.[/QUO

Whatever works for you...take care Florida people..

Old 01-30-2011, 05:20 PM

41 posts, read 72,864 times
I'll take the snow up north along with the much higher wages there; wages that allowed me to retire at 55 and come down to Florida in the winter and return to civilization for the rest of the year.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
More snow predicted this coming week. The forecaster said 100 million people would be affected and that Chicago may be measuring in feet this time. Brrrr! I know my northern friends are really sick and tired of snow this year.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I will take sweating over shivering any day.

Florida can be very "hot" for 2-3 months.

Ohio and the NE can be cold for 7-8 months.

I think the 2-3 "hot" months beat the 7-8 living inside.

I have spent a ton of time in Florida in July and August over the years and cannot ever remember being miserable.

I will take this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eyu7waKGE4

over this any time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YWy...eature=related

No responses.

After spending almost my entire life in video two it is time to enjoy life and spend time doing and enjoying life in video one.

I do not like fall, winter or even spring. I like the summer, June, July and August but do not like the rest of those months.

I can always get cooled down but it is getting old shivering, sliding and bundling up like some stinking snowman just to take the kids to school, go to the grocery etc.

I cannot understand why people move from the north to Florida and then move back just to bash Florida. Why the heck did you move to Florida to begin with? You left the north for a reason but wont share that with us.

I have a rod and two wires holding my elbow together from the ice and snow storms of last year. My DH has an rebuilt ankle that he broke a few years ago sliding in the driveway.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
More snow predicted this coming week. The forecaster said 100 million people would be affected and that Chicago may be measuring in feet this time. Brrrr! I know my northern friends are really sick and tired of snow this year.
We are preparing to get hit in a couple of days with this new snow and ice storm.

Power outages and car wrecks will be the news. Stranded people and older people who cannot get out or keep their homes warm.

For me I would rather be sitting on the beach or at a pool sipping an ice tea in 80 degree weather then fighting the power outages, ice covered roads and a foot of snow in my driveway.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Its really simple. Some folks like cold some folks like hot some folks like a mixture of both, etc.

All I know is in NYC in the summer they open "cooling centers" and set up portable swimming pools around the city for people to cool off. Certainly the people who use them would not be candidates for a relocation to FL.

So, yes, I am sure there are a lot of people who could not do the FL summers at all.

However, blaming the State of Florida, calling it hell, a dump, etc etc. certainly is dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay