Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,473 times

Advertisements

Hi Legalese.. Harbor Isles is a very nice sub division.. we own a home for the last few years there and love it.. we watch out for each other... big family gathered from all over in Harbor Isles.. We are very happy with our KB home and than other not.. but I say you get what you pay for.. and that goes for every builder.. some things are standard in KB homes, for example the bathroom.. etc.. but even there you can if you build make a few changes if you like.. all together if you should choose to move to Apollo Beach Harbor Isles is a place I do recommend.. Convingten Park, River Bend more less..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 18,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalese View Post
Mira Bay (way to expensive)
just a quick reply regarding Mira Bay, before we bought elsewhere in Apollo Beach we almost bought at MB, back then it was very expensive but the prices have lowered dramatically and there are some less expensive homes being built there now....if I was you I would take a second look, to me there is no comparison between MB and HI across the street...

Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 AM

6 posts, read 13,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbetterandworse View Post
Hi Legalese.. Harbor Isles is a very nice sub division.. we own a home for the last few years there and love it.. we watch out for each other... big family gathered from all over in Harbor Isles.. We are very happy with our KB home and than other not.. but I say you get what you pay for.. and that goes for every builder.. some things are standard in KB homes, for example the bathroom.. etc.. but even there you can if you build make a few changes if you like.. all together if you should choose to move to Apollo Beach Harbor Isles is a place I do recommend.. Convingten Park, River Bend more less..
Finally a good response to Harbor Isles. We are thinking about buying there but were shocked about the many negative responses.

Are the community amneties as rundown as people say on here? Is there really that much crime there? The water really that expensive?

We are looking for a safe community where neighbors still watch out for each other. A community where you an say small talk to anybody without people looking at you weird. We thought Harbor Isles might be what we are looking for but now we are rather looking into New Tampa/Wesley Chapel.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:57 AM

6 posts, read 12,726 times
Hi everyone, i have purchased a New Home at the Harbour Isles Community in Apollo Beach in which i am planning to retire from the military. At first, when i contacted the sales department via email, their responsed was astonishingly quick. The salesperson who took care of me definately need it to have the award of sales person of the year. Why, the gentleman that took care of me knew exactly what my needs were and treat it my family and i with the upmost professionalism i was expecting. Despite me being deployed overseas the KB homes team kept me informed in every detailed pertaining qualification, build time frame and purchasing. I highly recommend this community at Harbour Isles because is a great quite community were lots of professionals live in and because the folks at KB home since my closing in April 2010, have kept in contact with us to see if there is anything else they can do for us so we can live and spend a great quality of life. In the are and near the community you have the option of different supermarkets, public and private schools, Fire Department and Police station. A few nature parks in the Apollo Beach area, so life is great. By the way, there is an electric plant with 4 towers or stacks. The stacks you see from far are not from burned fossil fuels but from water vapor caused by the electric plant, caused they use the water from the ocean to provide electricity for the area so is a Hydroelectric plant not a nuclear or coal plant that produce toxic fumes. My family and i are really please cause our American dream finally came true, i am a home owner. Thanks KB HomTeam.

SFC Laureano, U.S Army, Active Duty.

Last edited by laureanoale; 02-04-2011 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: spell check

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Thanks for your service, SFC. I retired after 23 yrs to a community down the street in 2009 - I hope you enjoy the area.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 AM

265 posts, read 975,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureanoale View Post
By the way, there is an electric plant with 4 towers or stacks. The stacks you see from far are not from burned fossil fuels but from water vapor caused by the electric plant, caused they use the water from the ocean to provide electricity for the area so is a Hydroelectric plant not a nuclear or coal plant that produce toxic fumes.
SFC Laureano, U.S Army, Active Duty.
I'm gonna have to correct you here. The Big Bend plant is a large coal burning facility and the fumes you see are a combination of smoke generated by the burning of coal and steam created by using seawater to cool the turbines.

Tampa Electric - Big Bend Power Station

New Report: Florida Ranks 3rd Nationwide for Most Pollution from Power Plants - Environment Florida (http://www.environmentflorida.org/news-releases/global-warming/global-warming-campaign-news/new-report-florida-ranks-3rd-nationwide-for-most-pollution-from-power-plants - broken link)

Old 02-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Default Amneties

Quote:
Originally Posted by czek1976 View Post
Finally a good response to Harbor Isles. We are thinking about buying there but were shocked about the many negative responses.

Are the community amneties as rundown as people say on here? Is there really that much crime there? The water really that expensive?

We are looking for a safe community where neighbors still watch out for each other. A community where you an say small talk to anybody without people looking at you weird. We thought Harbor Isles might be what we are looking for but now we are rather looking into New Tampa/Wesley Chapel.
The amneties look brand new as of today. I went this morning by it, since the weather is beautiful today. The pool area, basketball court, kids playground and the running park looks great. I really dont know were this comments come from that the amneties are rundown. In the 10 months i have lived here i have not encounter or heard any rumors of any crime or anything of that nature in this community. The water can be expensive if you irrigate your lawn everyday. With that said, you can reduced cost by installing a separate meter on your sprinkler system so you dont get charged for sewege use. My last month water bill was $39. I will post a copy of my water bill if anyone wants to see it. I will post pics of amneties in my facebook account under Raul Laureano Cheveres, there you can see an up to date on what is going on at Harbour Isles. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post
I'm gonna have to correct you here. The Big Bend plant is a large coal burning facility and the fumes you see are a combination of smoke generated by the burning of coal and steam created by using seawater to cool the turbines.

Tampa Electric - Big Bend Power Station

New Report: Florida Ranks 3rd Nationwide for Most Pollution from Power Plants - Environment Florida (http://www.environmentflorida.org/news-releases/global-warming/global-warming-campaign-news/new-report-florida-ranks-3rd-nationwide-for-most-pollution-from-power-plants - broken link)
Thank you for the correction. But in the same report you quote it, the plant at Big Bend does not showed any danger to the community or massive pollution to the area.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Thanks for your service, SFC. I retired after 23 yrs to a community down the street in 2009 - I hope you enjoy the area.
Thanks Sir, after 21 years of service and many movements, i finally found HOME. And yes, i am looking forward to make the best of this community. Looking forward to put together a neighbors walk group. Morning and evening group since we have plenty of nice streets.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy's Puppies View Post
just a quick reply regarding Mira Bay, before we bought elsewhere in Apollo Beach we almost bought at MB, back then it was very expensive but the prices have lowered dramatically and there are some less expensive homes being built there now....if I was you I would take a second look, to me there is no comparison between MB and HI across the street...
Definatly no comparison from MB to HI. However here in HI there are new homes being built from 2,200 sq ft. to 4,000 sq ft. The difference is that in MB you will pay way more for HOA and Amneties than HI making HI a more appealing place to purchase a home that meet and exceed the criterias of the ones across the street at Mira Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay