Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Well, if you consider it "downhill", I imagine you live in some very classy area with a lot of well off residents. Quite a step up from Aripeka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Pretty much anywhere between Rt 19 and Mariner Blvd. Downhill is downhill weather it a rental or not. That side of Masaryktown isnt that great either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:24 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Well, if you consider it "downhill", I imagine you live in some very classy area with a lot of well off residents. Quite a step up from Aripeka.
All i have now in Florida is a one acre lot on the gulf in Aripeka for the toyhauler a couple times a year. Your exactly right, those sunsets are terrible.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
The south side of Spring Hill Dr seems to be going downhill quick. West Pasco has jumped County Line Road. Dont see any new houses on Waterfall.
Didnt claim there was any new houses up Waterfall just meant to mention it as an example of an area thats nice in my opinion, all the new construction is going on down near the Veterans expressway and SpringHill Dr area.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Those situations surely exist but is not at all the norm in Spring Hill. Perhaps take a tour on Google of the neighborhoods and show me all this decline. Here is what I see on a daily basis...

spring hill drive at linden spring hill fl - Google Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Economy is an excuse that had little to do with it. The decline of the area happened well before the housing bust. It certainly made it worse but the change from retired folks to families of six living in a two bedroom house started a while ago.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM

173 posts, read 391,343 times
Quote:
I don't care what city, town or village you choose, there is always going to be the junksters, etc. Also a good share of inactive properties. However, that's what Code Enforcement is about.

I tell ya Jambo, you can't beat the NYC type pizza here.

I guess some people need a certain level of perfection in their lives that may not be met by an area like Spring Hill. Yep, most of SH is quite nice.

Okay... enough teasing... Which NY Style pizza place do you recommend? I've been to PJ's and the 5 Boroughs.... Any others I should try? (and this is a question for both of you... and anyone else who has an opinion).

Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM

You MUST try Mario's on US 19 - Publix/Target - closer to publix, next door to their liquor store.

This not NY Style. This IS NY pizza.

I also recommend Pizza Villa, either location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
Okay... enough teasing... Which NY Style pizza place do you recommend? I've been to PJ's and the 5 Boroughs.... Any others I should try? (and this is a question for both of you... and anyone else who has an opinion).

Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
You can't get NYC pizza in Florida...because of the water...you can have a pie with great sauce,cheese and spices...but the crust will never be the same!!The same goes for bagels.It doesn't mean you can't get good bagels and pizza here it's just not NYC pizza!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Those situations surely exist but is not at all the norm in Spring Hill. Perhaps take a tour on Google of the neighborhoods and show me all this decline. Here is what I see on a daily basis...

It's the norm now compared to what it was. 15 years ago the area was really nice.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:

East Linden is probablly one of the better kept areas.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 AM

173 posts, read 391,343 times
Quote:
You MUST try Mario's on US 19 - Publix/Target - closer to publix, next door to their liquor store.

This not NY Style. This IS NY pizza.

I also recommend Pizza Villa, either location.
Thank you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay