Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM

354 posts, read 619,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
How about Taliban University, it's full of them.

Really? I did not realize that there were so many Afghans that could afford to go to Universities in the United States? I guess you learn something everyday......or maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,332,073 times
Can we MOVE this tread out in a galaxy far, far away?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 PM

72 posts, read 131,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Can we MOVE this tread out in a galaxy far, far away?

Probably wouldn't have escalated if you had just stated that you didn't think a name change was a good idea because of x and y. Instead, you just acted all irrational and butthurt over such a trivial thing. ironic that on this forum you'd be offended that a thread existed that wasn't on your list of top priorities. there's tons of threads on this board about randomness that are of no concern. some of which you started but you don't see me trolling, like you. I can't speak for the op but the knee-jerk reactions are kind of amusing.

don't be a baby. if you hate the idea of anyone discussing the merits of a name change then STOP BUMPING IT.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM

63 posts, read 107,959 times
Why not a Tampa State U. while there is the University of Tampa?
Or the University of the Gulf Coast vs. Florida Gulf Coast U?

You have Boston Univ. and Boston College. That is more confusing.

Or how about University of San Diego, San Diego State Univ. and the University of California, San Diegoan Diego[/b]

Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,695,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaebie View Post
As previously stated, Florida Gulf Coast University would have a problem with their name being taken to be used by USF.
It might be just a bit confusing to have 2 universities named the same.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaebie View Post

You have Boston Univ. and Boston College. That is more confusing.

Or how about University of San Diego, San Diego State Univ. and the University of California, San Diegoan Diego[/b]
I like Tampa Bay State. I'd love to see this and once you get over the fact that something changed I think most others in the area would, too. im just looking at this from a marketing angle for the benefit of TB.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,564,052 times
"benefit of TB" - again, how exactly does this benefit the TB area?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,332,073 times
Good Question...

I think we should concentrate on banning panhandling in Tampa first...St Pete did it, and its only a bridge away...its Tampa's turn to get some balls, and do something about it now.

It is truly hard to get one's priorities straight. BucFan, think of it this way...this person has absolutely nothing to do but spend their time thinking about changing a name that did not need changing in 50 years.

I think you should go to Pepsi instead, and have them design a new can!
They LOVE to do that. But while you're at it, ask them if they will be willing to change their name to "PHOSPHO"...(after one of the ingredients, that should probably NOT be in it, just like South Florida is not in Tampa!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Old 04-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Good Question...

I think we should concentrate on banning panhandling in Tampa first...
Why do you continue troll this thread? Why not just say that you do not think that a name change is a good idea and move on?

Words can not fully express how ridiculous your stance is. Not liking the name change is perfectly ok, but to get upset that somebody is actually DISCUSSING the name change is borderline crazy. This claim that we as society should ONLY bother contemplating the top 5 most important issues is pretty laughable. Would you like a list of threads that exist on this board that are not about relocation and are not about panhandling?

Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Free advertisement. Do you know how many millions of dollars the tax payers in the TB area already spend on advertisement? Both your local and state tax dollars goes towards this and it's significant. Here, you have free publicity every time USF plays on national TV. Their sports programs are gaining some serious momentum.

I thought the OP had a clever idea. Sorry if discussing it offends you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay