Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

People, please. When you see someone crossing the road or parking lot in front of you, especially in a crosswalk, please slow down and let them cross. I cannot believe how many times I see cars not stop or even speed up when someone is crossing in front of them. Same thing happens inside stores when two people are walking in adjacent isles. One sees the other and continues to walk right into their path. What is with the impatience in Tampa Bay? I've never noticed it this bad anywhere else I've been.

Please folks, slow down, pay attention and start enjoying life. Be nice and courteous to your fellow human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
It's HORRIBLE down here.
Very scary drivers.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I cannot believe how many times I see cars not stop or even speed up when someone is crossing in front of them.
Of course, a pedestrian shouldn't walk out in front of a moving vehicle at any time... at least that's my opinion. If you're at a crosswalk, there should be a button to push that'll tell you to walk. Any other time, why chance it ?

People are horrible drivers and rude everywhere, ever been to Orlando ? Atlanta ? Houston ?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,166,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
It's HORRIBLE down here.
Very scary drivers.
Wasn't any better UP THERE

Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Actually was/is much less road rage.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Theres no road rage, just impatient, selfish, self absorbed, feel entitled, self centered drivers who think they own the roads etc. Road rage Miami- get in ther way,,, fight is ON! and surprizingly you can walk in New York and they stop on a dime when that red light turn on,,, amazing!!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
I discovered a new way to drive. When I get on the interstate, I get into the right hand lane, I place my cruise control at 65 mph, and mind my own business while listening to Watercolors on XM radio. Much nicer way to go instead of worrying about those around me. My only concern is an occasional merger who doesn't know I have the right of way and doesn't know how to blend into traffic.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM

315 posts, read 652,501 times
This is a serious issue around here, on Countryway Blvd, in any school zone, at shopping centers, in my place of employment's parking garage, and when I was a student at USF you are REQUIRED TO STOP OR SLOW DOWN AND YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS, yet no one did!! The Northerners are saying "oh well it was worse up north", Who gives a damn!? You live here now, why on earth would you intentionally want to harm someone with your stupid car. People feel entitled when they get behind the wheel of their 4,000 lb vehicle.
Usually, the bigger and more wreckless the vehicle, the bigger the douchebag is behind the wheel. No one gives a crap about your stupid ego, people are looking at you because you are an idiot and want to harm others because you cant wait 10 seconds to let someone cross the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I bet its not close to as much road rage as there is down here. Usually in a normal city there is something called public transit and a lot of times people need to do some walking to get to their destination. The thing is down here, no one walks anywhere just drive so you need to experience being a pedestrian then once you get behind the wheel you will be more courteous to pedestrians when you drive. Like in NYC people that drive are usually pedestrians too so they know what its like so they yield for people in crosswalks.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Of course, a pedestrian shouldn't walk out in front of a moving vehicle at any time... at least that's my opinion. If you're at a crosswalk, there should be a button to push that'll tell you to walk. Any other time, why chance it ?

People are horrible drivers and rude everywhere, ever been to Orlando ? Atlanta ? Houston ?
Here is the law:

Florida Drivers Handbook - Pedestrians

YOU, as a driver, MUST do everything YOU can to avoid hitting the pedestrian.

That does dot mean the driver should do everything they can to speed up to hit the pedestrian or continue driving through the pedestrian.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
sounds like sage advice to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay