Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:10 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
There is no bad time to rally for a cause one believes in......
Tell that to those responsible for locking up our veterans.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
That would be the congress.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
I'd like to keep this thread on an even keel and local if we can. Some details are missing from the article. Was traffic snarled? Did it cause people to be late getting home? Anyone get caught up in it by accident?

Really, I don't know who advises these folks, but Tampa residents would be far more likely to support their cause if the conduct was different. If you want support, don't inconvenience or even make things dangerous for people. Don't tie up downtown. Stuff like that.

sigh, they want citizenship. The way things are going, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times
I don't understand why illegals think they should be given a free pass for breaking the law. What part of "illegal" don't they understand?

Old 10-15-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
I don't understand why illegals think they should be given a free pass for breaking the law. What part of "illegal" don't they understand?
They understand it all right. It's all about the Benjamins, nothing more, nothing less. That said, one of the points that was made in the article on the Moscow incident was the the Russian government has, with malice aforethought, been pitting its citizens and migrants against each other economically for years and finally the powder keg blew. The same has been going on here, and right here in Tampa Bay as well. I also resent the conflating of "illegal" with "Hispanic". It messes with the minds of those law abiding citizens of Latino heritage who think their heritage is under attack when it isn't.

Annoying locals who are just trying to go about their business and make a living during tough times is really the wrong way to get local support.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Annoying locals who are just trying to go about their business and make a living during tough times is really the wrong way to get local support.
Correct!

Just commenting in general, as I am not following the stupidity going on in the WH, Congress (both sides) or this particular article.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:47 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I'd like to keep this thread on an even keel and local if we can. Some details are missing from the article. Was traffic snarled? Did it cause people to be late getting home? Anyone get caught up in it by accident?

Really, I don't know who advises these folks, but Tampa residents would be far more likely to support their cause if the conduct was different. If you want support, don't inconvenience or even make things dangerous for people. Don't tie up downtown. Stuff like that.

sigh, they want citizenship. The way things are going, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Tell that to the Phillies fans leaving Brighthouse Stadium during spring training. Snarls traffic for hours and it goes on for two months. And don't start with the "sports brings money to the local economy" fallacy. For every stat you find that says it does, I can find one that refutes it.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:54 PM

"Tell that to the Phillies fans leaving Brighthouse Stadium during spring training. Snarls traffic for hours and it goes on for two months."

LMAO! It's for reasons like that I tend to avoid downtown Tampa as much as I can. That and the red light cameras.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
That would be Cruz, Palin, Bachman and the rest of the teab*****. See what the organization Million Vet March on the Memorials said about them;

Million Vet March on the Memorials

Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 PM

Now, Vaughan, I do feel it's possible to have a reasoned, measured discussion of the topic without jumping on others with both feet, don't you?

These folks are backed by extremely well funded (including taxpayer money) organizations like National Council of La Raza and you'd think the PR would be a little better, given that fact. For example, since I've lived in Tampa, I've never once had ANY of these people approach me and ask if I'd like to learn a little Spanish, and yet many insist on being communicated with in their native language. They could offer to do a little translation or instruction, you know, considering that local taxpayers fund the education of their children. They could offer to support some local cause, instead of causing disruption. Participating in local cleanup days, that sort of thing.

Public relations is important and what I'm offering here for free, consultants charge thousands of dollars for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: