Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:34 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
As a European I can't really tell the difference between a snowbird and a local.
But when I lived in the UK you could definitely tell the difference between American tourists and other visitors.
They were ALWAYS fatter,louder and ruder than everyone else.
Maybe the snowbirds here are not so different after all.
You mean as opposed to Britt tourists/snowbirds who are "skinnier, uglier and have bad teeth"? Okey dokey...

http://madogre.com/wp-content/upload...84_2422933.gif

Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
You mean as opposed to Britt tourists/snowbirds who are "skinnier, uglier and have bad teeth"? Okey dokey...
And better educated.
Brit only has the one t old chap.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,155 times
Wait until July when it starts to get REALLY hot, not only will you see a reduction of people out and about on the streets but less people will praise FL as "the greatest paradise that ever existed" on CD forums as well. Pretty interesting if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
Well, at least I know I will back in St. Pete on Friday and riding the Harley up and down Gulf Blvd Friday night.
Dont forget to rev your engine as loud as you can multiple times at redlights so you get the most attention

Old 04-17-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Wait until July when it starts to get REALLY hot, not only will you see a reduction of people out and about on the streets but less people will praise FL as "the greatest paradise that ever existed" on CD forums as well. Pretty interesting if you think about it.

Dont forget to rev your engine as loud as you can multiple times at redlights so you get the most attention

Give me a roar over a whine any day.

July is fine.
The weather is no different here than down in the Caribbean where tens of thousands of Americans happily head for their vacation.
You've just gotta approach things differently.
Stay out of the sun between 12-2, drink plenty of water rather than sugar-laden soda, eat light and late in the day rather than waddling around with a double cheese-burger,fries and gallon of coke inside you, enjoy the shade rather than being cooped up in ice-cold A/C rooms all day and drink an ice-cold brewski watching the sun go down and thanking the good Lord for creating Florida.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The (snowbirds) can be like family relatives visiting. You like them, but they wear out their welcome, and you can only tolerate them for so long, and you jump for joy as you see them puling out of the driveway and head for home.......knowing that your visitors will be back in six quick months.

We are starting to see more and more FL plates here in the mountains; FL is their home, but their escape to cooler weather begins mid April, they flock here in droves until they feel a chill in the air. Good for businesses, bad if you're following one with blue hair, or one is following you. Drive on your bumper, blast their horn if you're not off the traffic light in a nano second. Never met a stop sign they liked; top speed is 25 mph for most. Push shopping carts up your ankles in a quest to be first, and many are rude in a quest to be heard. It's like a feeding frenzy.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:23 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I think its the "tourists syndrome" . Got money in yar pocket, think you own it and DESERVE IT and all should bow. Dang it- after all- it is your vacation! Happens all over the world. I think I see more of it in over 65 yr olds though,,,just saying.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,822 times
Quote:
And better educated.
Brit only has the one t old chap.
Ha. They are both acceptable..

I guess this Brit/Britt is uneducated too..

Britt's Pizza delicious pizza, pasta, subs made fresh

britt (brĭt)n. Variant of brit.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:29 AM

226 posts, read 339,628 times
Quote:
Give me a roar over a whine any day.

July is fine.
The weather is no different here than down in the Caribbean where tens of thousands of Americans happily head for their vacation.
You've just gotta approach things differently.
Stay out of the sun between 12-2, drink plenty of water rather than sugar-laden soda, eat light and late in the day rather than waddling around with a double cheese-burger,fries and gallon of coke inside you, enjoy the shade rather than being cooped up in ice-cold A/C rooms all day and drink an ice-cold brewski watching the sun go down and thanking the good Lord for creating Florida.
I'm loving your attitude. We vacationed there last year the last week of July....so yeah...know what you're talking about. This year we are vacationing their mid week June (may be a TAD bit better). That said, is it hot? Yes! Humid? yes! Unbearable? No. Granted we were on vacation and spent our time at the beach and a couple days in a pontoon boat for fishing so were able to feel breeze.

We spent our time outside until sundown. I agree with what you're saying though- any other day, as someone working there, if you work indoors you're in AC- in the evening it gets a bit better after the thunderstorms. Hopefully you live NOT so far inland to be able to be closer to water and feel a breeze.

People like to complain. I mean seriously-vacationed last week of July and it hasn't deterred me from going back, in June this year.

Only thing I wish was invented is a sunblock pill you could take lol- you DO have to re-apply very often.

As an "American" who was raised in S. America-predominantely of Italian/German/SPanish descent- I find it funny that the Brits found US louder. Seriously, have you heard an Italian, Greeks, Argentines? Fatter? yeah, perhaps, I'll give you that-our FDA and big pharma combined have screwed the Americans health, quality of food and life.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Ha. They are both acceptable..

I guess this Brit/Britt is uneducated too..

Britt's Pizza delicious pizza, pasta, subs made fresh

britt (brĭt)n. Variant of brit.

Unfortunately not,old bean.

Britt as a variant of Brit refers to britt (brĭt)n.1. The young of herring and similar fish.
2. Minute marine organisms, such as crustaceans of the genus Calanus, that are a major source of food for right whales.

Brit as in British person is only EVER spelled with a single t.

And you can't surely expect us to believe that Britt's Pizza Place in Treasure Island is so named because it's owned by a Brit ?

Nice try but you fooled no-one.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,684 times
They'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay