Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:22 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Not debating humidity or realfeal, just extreme heat, Tampa does not have this.

[IMG][/IMG]
Are you kidding me? That's way better than Florida heat! The numbers are just as high as they are here in Texas but the lows at night are more refreshing. Dallas summers are worse than Florida summers IMO, but west Texas summers are grand. I don't mind it hot at all, just let it get below 80 overnight please! And Oregon's heat is a seasonal thing, Florida's is annual. It's like if someone in Minneapolis tried to compete with Siberia. Yea Minnesota's cold, but it's way more short lived than Siberia's cold and more prone to random thaws! You also go to other parts of Oregon and the temperature is way cooler in the summer. Can't do that in Florida or anywhere in the southeast besides maybe the Appalachian mountains (which aren't much cooler in summer anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If someone despises heat and humdity what on earth drove them to live in FL in the first place?
Being born there? Having family there? Being poor and not being able to move out? Being arrested there? xD I can't stress this enough: FLORIDA HAS NATIVES TOO YA KNOW! Not everyone's from another state or up north. I wasn't able to move until I was 20, then I got a boyfriend out of state and left for school and even though Texas heat is killer, it doesn't last forever at least, and it's dry most days

When I lived in my hometown, Miami, people (locals, not Yankees and snowbirds) loved the days it dropped to the 50s in the winter, especially around Christmas time. Many people down there welcome a change from the sameness. Sure you still got wimps which put on sweaters when it's room temperature outside lol but most of us enjoyed the cold fronts while they lasted. I know that I loved being able to see my breath, which actually doesn't happen here no matter how cold it is, unless it happens to be snowing or raining in the 40s. In Miami it's so humid it happens in the low 60s.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
And you moved to FL because ??

LOL! Good point!

(job)

Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
For how many years did you live in Orlando ?
The exact amount of time you lived in Palm Harbor.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
When I lived in my hometown, Miami, people (locals, not Yankees and snowbirds) loved the days it dropped to the 50s in the winter, especially around Christmas time. Many people down there welcome a change from the sameness.
Those "many people" you speak of are what natives call snowbirds and tourists. If they like it when the temperature drops below 70, there's a nice place they can go to get that. It's called "back where you came from."

Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
Actual fall/spring. I miss the hell out of that. I'm over winter, though. Maybe Atlanta is my spot. Let's go ahead and have another ludicrous housing bubble, Florida, so I can sell for a king's ransom and bail.
Atlanta will not be the place for you, regarding weather. It is called "Hotlanta" for a reason in the summer and the winters can be tough there.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Bingo. I won't complain about the summers there if it only last 3 months compared to Florida's 6 or 7. When Florida is still hot in September/October (and April/May), they enjoy an actual Fall/Spring.
You should see how much complaining there is about it there.....LOL!

I never complained about it. We made the best of it and still sat on the front porch, with a cool drink in hand. Still beats the heck out of the cold, IMO.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:04 PM

135 posts, read 138,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Atlanta will not be the place for you, regarding weather. It is called "Hotlanta" for a reason in the summer and the winters can be tough there.
Oh please. Hot for less time than Tampa, and nowhere near as frigid as the northeast (where I'm from) in winter.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
Oh please. Hot for less time than Tampa, and nowhere near as frigid as the northeast (where I'm from) in winter.
Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:08 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
ATL has 4 mild seasons. Sure it gets hot in the summer, about like FL, but again, cools down much sooner and doesnt last all day long like in FL. The winters? Winters can be rough for a cpl weeks at a time but that's infrequent; and its not like the winters of the NE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay