Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 01:33 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
The summer in FL is completely different. Most of America does have humidity, but it's not as bad as FL and doesn't last very long. I don't know how people in Florida do it...you walk outside to get the mail and you're sweating.
No other place in the world has our reverse west windflow pattern in the summer. Only the west coast of FL has it until you get inland about 30 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebugle View Post
You are hilariously defensive about Florida, and from reading your other posts your reactions are rather abrasive. Do you have a hidden agenda?

I don't see where anyone claimed they didn't expect the miserable, swampy hell that is a Florida summer; just that they don't like it.
Does no good telling him anything. Some people live in dream land.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
You are hilariously defensive about Florida, and from reading your other posts your reactions are rather abrasive. Do you have a hidden agenda?

I don't see where anyone claimed they didn't expect the miserable, swampy hell that is a Florida summer; just that they don't like it.
My posts respond to what I find to be statements from people who relocated to or visited FL but were absolutely clueless as to many factors, especially the weather. Its like someone moving to Juneau Alaska and complaining that it is too cold the time. Why would anyone relocate to a place where they wouldnt like the weather?

I find that MOST of the posters here should have never even thought about moving to FL.

The only people who are on the forum that dont complain ad nauseam are the few people who obviously knew the facts before they contemplated their relocation.

It's not only the weather. Mass transit, or the lack thereof, low paying jobs, high taxes, traffic, the people who live here, the cost of groceries, the government, senior citizens, immigrants from other countries, the cost of electricity, the cost of water, lack of car inspections, firearm laws, high rents, people that are totally different than themselves and the list goes on and on.

None of the situations complained about are or were ever secrets yet so many people are shocked to find out that this is nothing like the place they left. Then there are the people who spent YEARS living in their personal hell as the perceive it.

Obviously, wherever they left was not meeting their needs so they left. If you know what you need to be happy why on earth would you relocate to a city or state that cannot meet those expectations.

So if you, or anyone else can explain to me why they seemingly relocated here in the first place I would be very interested in those answers.

You feel my posts are abrasive yet you accept the opinions of those who post the most insulting commentary regarding every possible facet of life in FL.

Agenda? What could possibly be the "agenda" of a person who knew very well of the conditions and reality of where they decided to live?

Old 02-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Well this person was born here and has seen how much the weather has changed since 1963.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I'm realizing that, lol. Oh well. I'm seeing a pattern where any disparaging remark about FL is instantly met with hostility and sarcasm.
This is true and will continue. It works both ways. Some want to state how miserable they are here and then there are those who love it. Vive la différence.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
See, that's your problem right there. You think everyone who moved here and doesn't like it forgot to arm themselves with facts. The weather, the COL, etc. The problem is the summation of said facts doesn't paint the whole picture. You have to actually live in a place for a while to feel its pulse, especially this wacked out state.
Yeah... OK..... The blind leading the blind.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I'm realizing that, lol. Oh well. I'm seeing a pattern where any disparaging remark about FL is instantly met with hostility and sarcasm.
Why not? Should I (or anyone) accept such bs without rebuttal?? There are two sides to every situation. My experiences (and those of the people I know) are quite opposite of what some here have to say. I just hope it makes them feel better to off load their misery on a website such as CD.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
He has been that way for years and he really has no clue about others or if they were born here or other facts.

Anyone that needs hard core facts about the weather just ask me.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
See, that's your problem right there. You think everyone who moved here and doesn't like it forgot to arm themselves with facts. The weather, the COL, etc. The problem is the summation of said facts doesn't paint the whole picture. You have to actually live in a place for a while to feel its pulse, especially this wacked out state.
You were doing so well until the last 5 words above, which rendered your thoughts worthless.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You were doing so well until the last 5 words above, which rendered your thoughts worthless.
Well he is right. It sure has turned to the worst the last 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay