Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriss92 View Post
so are the summers just 95 and 100% oppressive can't go outside or do anything or you'll be soaked like someone dumped a bucket of water on you? or does being on the bay and ocean actually keep it refreshing with a breeze?

its about the only reason keeping me from wanting to move tampa, summer humidity other than that i loved the city when i was there in december
This will give you an unbiased true answer.

Weather History for Places in Florida | Old Farmer's Almanac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 10:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
so are the summers just 95 and 100% oppressive can't go outside or do anything or you'll be soaked like someone dumped a bucket of water on you?
Kinda depends on what you like and can tolerate, some just cant get enough heat and humidity while others hate it. Best way to find out is pay a visit for a few weeks any time between May through October.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:34 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,399 times
FL summers are hot humid and LONG.

We were stuck here the last 2 summers due to family obligations. Those obligations have resolved and we are free to travel.

We expect to be away this summer most of the time between June 1 and October 1 (we think May and October are tolerable, others may not).

We aren't strangers to heat (lived in AZ) or humidity (lived in DC-Metro), but here in FL the heat/humidity simply lasts too long and gets monotonous for us.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:02 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,244 times
Quote:
so are the summers just 95 and 100% oppressive can't go outside or do anything or you'll be soaked like someone dumped a bucket of water on you? or does being on the bay and ocean actually keep it refreshing with a breeze?

its about the only reason keeping me from wanting to move tampa, summer humidity other than that i loved the city when i was there in december

My Summers are mostly the sound of a blender mixing a nice summer drink for my wifey, while my summer time tunes are playing outside. The smell of the grill with two nice dry rubbed rib eyes (bone in- dogs gotta eat) cooking over an oak fire with two lobster tails. Nice pot of greens flavored with bacon simmering on the gasser with a couple of baked potatoes oiled down and sprinkled with kosher salt. Next to a cast iron skillet of corn bread. There will be just a hint of SPF 50 as well. As the sunsets around 830, we will take are last glass of wine while sitting on the couch outside and think how blessed we are to be living in Florida.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:48 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
I hate to even think of May coming. 5 months of no rain and 24/7 sunshine.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:35 PM

240 posts, read 286,861 times
Absolutely agree with above comment. I can't believe it's the middle of Feb. already! Winter is just too short here. The last stretch of cold temps has been heavenly!

Old 02-13-2016, 06:41 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
FL summers are hot humid and LONG.

We aren't strangers to heat (lived in AZ) or humidity (lived in DC-Metro), but here in FL the heat/humidity simply lasts too long and gets monotonous for us.
Exactly! Summer humidity is normal in most of America. Florida isn't hotter or more humid, it just lasts longer.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,915,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
My Summers are mostly the sound of a blender mixing a nice summer drink for my wifey, while my summer time tunes are playing outside. The smell of the grill with two nice dry rubbed rib eyes (bone in- dogs gotta eat) cooking over an oak fire with two lobster tails. Nice pot of greens flavored with bacon simmering on the gasser with a couple of baked potatoes oiled down and sprinkled with kosher salt. Next to a cast iron skillet of corn bread. There will be just a hint of SPF 50 as well. As the sunsets around 830, we will take are last glass of wine while sitting on the couch outside and think how blessed we are to be living in Florida.
But ur drenched in sweat while doing so. Sounded nice tho. But you're drenched in sweat and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes while doing so.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:02 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Sweet! Have to add us floating in our newly refinished pool, to the awesome list above. I can't wait to try it out.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:07 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
But ur drenched in sweat while doing so. Sounded nice tho. But you're drenched in sweat and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes while doing so.
ROTFL! Hardly. East facing lanai provides lots of shade, which keeps it plenty comfortable here on the lake, not far from the gulf. No skeeters around to try to get through the lanai screening either. And should one feel the slightest bit warm, a nice dip in the pool is just what the doctor ordered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay