Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:33 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Thank you for that breathe of sunshine. Nothing like coming out of the pen blasting away on your first post.
I agree with him 100%. Maybe not every single person, but Westport alone is enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 06:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haprunstance View Post
I'm just making a point that compared to other places NPR isn't the dump that many people on here make it out to be. According to some posts NPR is awful, but compared to a big city ghetto it's a good place to live.

Some people make it out to be the worse place they've ever seen. If that is the case they haven't been to enough places.
You nailed it but keep in mind some people are so disgruntled Due to the loss of their " retirement" money that they invested and have seen vanish before their eyes and can't deal with that and instead of blaming themselves for the wrong investment they made they blame the entire area.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
There is nothing wrong with NPR in Seven Springs or Trinity area...you can get a pretty home in a nice safe area for a fair price...just check the schools if they apply to you...

Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
There is nothing wrong with NPR in Seven Springs or Trinity area...you can get a pretty home in a nice safe area for a fair price...just check the schools if they apply to you...
That area is fine. Much bigger and nicer homes.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
I'm just making a point that compared to other places NPR isn't the dump that many people on here make it out to be. According to some posts NPR is awful, but compared to a big city ghetto it's a good place to live.
Once again, compared to a ghetto, of course it will be a better choice. You're comparing an entire town to one very undesirable area in a big city. It's not really a fair comparison. That is kind of like saying, "Well, a Big Mac is better than the worst meal you'll get at (insert highly sought after restaurant)."

Old 08-14-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Without comparing NPR to some other place its hard for some people to understand what it is really like. Someone who lives in a big city might think the crime is low in NPR. Someone coming from a small town might think there is a lot of crime in NPR.
You weren't comparing city to city. You were comparing one, very small town to one extremely undesirable part of a MUCH bigger city. Of course crime is lower in NPR than it is in Sulpher Springs. Can you say the same about NPR and South Tampa?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Without comparing NPR to some other place its hard for some people to understand what it is really like. Someone who lives in a big city might think the crime is low in NPR. Someone coming from a small town might think there is a lot of crime in NPR.
I'm one of those ubiquitous critters that frequent Florida, a snowbird. I come from a very small community (it has less of a population than the condo complex I live in NPR). So, I understand low crime.

I feel as safe in NPR as I do in my village. I just avoid some areas, but that is just common sense. I also avoid the woods when there are cougar sightings at home (the critter, not the human female version).

In fact, I forget to lock my door as often in NPR as I do in my village of.

Same result.

Nothing happens.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm one of those ubiquitous critters that frequent Florida, a snowbird. I come from a very small community (it has less of a population than the condo complex I live in NPR). So, I understand low crime.

I feel as safe in NPR as I do in my village. I just avoid some areas, but that is just common sense. I also avoid the woods when there are cougar sightings at home (the critter, not the human female version).

In fact, I forget to lock my door as often in NPR as I do in my village of.

Same result.

Nothing happens.
Some make it look bad and they probably haven't been any where else. I lived in Europe and people always tell me how nice Amsterdam is and I tell them it depends what part and what part of the day....that count for any where in the world.

Just watch Dateline and you can see the smallest towns with hardly any crime and ll of sudden they wake up to crime and they don't tell you about petit theft or drugs when they show these shows since they are not about these facts.

Many people leave doors unlocked by accident or on purpose but time change it is not really safe.

We always had our doors locked in Europe and one night when I was 12 someone entered while we all were asleep. Very scary and we lived in a very good neighborhood and my parents still live there. The cops called it theft by order since construction people most likely made pictures of the one very valuable item and came back or send someone else to get it and it was attached to the walls in a very secure and special way..I guess not secure enough but the cops stated that a regular burglar doesn't have the tools to take it. Btw it was not specially attached against theft but for the weight and to protect it from falling.

In Europe car burglary theft is only considered car burglary when the locks are damaged or the window is broken...if you leave the car unlocked the owner faces a ticket from the cops and it is called "giving access".

Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Wow. New Port Richey is surely progressive. A new restaurant is opening. I guess the druggies, drug dealers, section 8 folks will be their customer base. Fine dining restaurant Dulcet planned for downtown New Port Richey | Tampa Bay Times

Old 08-15-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Wow. New Port Richey is surely progressive. A new restaurant is opening. I guess the druggies, drug dealers, section 8 folks will be their customer base. Fine dining restaurant Dulcet planned for downtown New Port Richey | Tampa Bay Times
One fine dining restaurant opening makes it progressive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay