Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 07:28 AM

160 posts, read 355,194 times

Advertisements

Here's my story: I need to find a house under USDA ruarl housing and would like to live in Tenn. The only areas that I'm interested in is the eastern section from the north to the south. My geography is not so great, but basicially from Cookesville east, north and south. I have a list of counties that appear to be eligible for USDA loans:
Cocke,Franklin, Grundy,Jefferson,Loudon,Marion, McMinn,Monroe, Polk, Sevier, Sequatchie. There were a few more and I would be willing to look
into them as well, if anyone wants to suggest it.

About me: I like the country. I would like to have a home business selling my herbs and herbal mixtures. In order to do this however, I need people who are health conscious and like cooking their own food and trying new and different things. I may also need to go with a good farmers only market. And of course cheap r.e taxes. Non crime area . Also a reasonablely proximity to places to go or things to do. I like natural outdoorsy things, as well as things like Aquariums, museums, something better than Chili's to eat at when my son and daughter in law come to visit or where my friends and I can go for a nice place to eat out. I don't have to live on top of these places, 20-30 min away is close enough. I only want these places around me, when I want or need them, not all the time.

Ideas, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 12:57 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
You may or may not know about this.. The Farm
South of Nashville ... Summertown in Lawrence County..

Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM

6 posts, read 12,103 times
I second the Summertown area. The Farm is gold.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
I can't speak for how it is to live in these places, but I saw that Monroe and McMinn counties are on your list. Both of those are on I-75 midway between Knoxville (metro pop 700,000) and Chattanooga (500,000). You wouldn't be "20-30 minutes away", more than likely (unless you drive like a bat out of hell), but you wouldn't be much farther.

Knoxville and Chattanooga have most of the "big city" amenities, and tons of places to eat or shop...and as far as outdoorsy activities, you would be close to the mountains and plateau, with many opportunities for hiking, rock climbing, rafting, etc. Chattanooga also has the Tennessee Aquarium, which is billed as the "largest freshwater aquarium in the world" (they do have a large collection of saltwater species as well).

I hope that helps. Good luck with your move and prospective business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee