Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:08 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times

Advertisements

Ok, search is still on. If I had $300k I know the exact piece of land I'd buy - complete with caves and all. But I don't so the search continues.

So, anyone know of any place within a couple hours of Nashville that land is going cheap - like under $2k an acre? We'd like 50 or more acres but have about $100k to spend. Any chance it's out there and not like the Gainesboro property where I'd have to use it as a ski slope??

On the other hand, I went with a friend yesterday to look at a piece just down the road from me just outside of McMinnville. They're asking $10k an acre. Holy smoke - if I had the money I'd buy all 500 acres from him. Wow!! It's got an old but very sturdy rustic one room cabin - no electric or water - just like a hunting cabin. There's a big pond on the property. Lots of areas of rock outcroppings. Most of the land is cleared and has good pasture areas, but there are still some places that they've left untouched with trees. I found one area where it looks like they've blasted away an area of mountain and created almost a grotto area - complete with a natural waterfall!!! The bottom of the area is very wet, but if you went in you could easily raise up the outside areas and dig out just a bit of the center and all that water would pool into a gorgeous pond area. It's just amazing!!! And the views - holy cow!! Mountains to one side and rolling hills with farms to the other. It's way off the road, so plenty of privacy. Wow. Oh how I wish I had 5 mil to throw at that land!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM

36,501 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Very unlikely to find property for under 2k. Those days are gone.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:41 PM

557 posts, read 1,674,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
So, anyone know of any place within a couple hours of Nashville that land is going cheap - like under $2k an acre?
Wow, that's a tall order. I'd say your best bet would be west of Nashville. I don't know that you can find it under $2k but maybe in the $3-4k an acre range. The land west of Nashville is not as pretty as to the east, but there are some rolling hills. Apparently, tons of people are looking for pretty pastureland in middle TN, hence the astronomical prices.

I do know of a place where land is very reasonable (I bought some last year for $900/acre) but it is not in TN.

Last edited by jsherman9901; 03-17-2008 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,141,943 times
You can find land under $2K an acre. You just have to know where to look.

Listing #447215

Took me about two minutes.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:34 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,425,771 times
Well, that's 2.5 hours and it's 300 acres - out of our price range and driving distance. But I sure wish I could!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 AM

25 posts, read 76,770 times
[quote=Eat;3168723]You can find land under $2K an acre. You just have to know where to look.

Listing #447215

So where is this land? I was looking in East TN for mountain property for a vacation home. It is out of my price range. Now I'm thinking of getting lakefront property, possibly near Watts Bar Lake. Do you know anything about this area?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 13,620 times
I am in desperate need of moving somewhere with my 6 year old son. We are looking for a fresh start. I'm looking for work and a cheap place to live. I have experience on farms, owned a cleaning business, any resturant and or nursing home work. I am interested in working for room and board. I am willing to move almost any where as long as it is away from here. We are very unhappy. There is no work around here and I am sick of struggleling. I am a hard worker and I have great references and good morals.
Please any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it even email me at lilskydrm24@yaoo.com or look for me on myspace.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,141,943 times
[quote=jorjust;3633770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat View Post
You can find land under $2K an acre. You just have to know where to look.

Listing #447215

So where is this land? I was looking in East TN for mountain property for a vacation home. It is out of my price range. Now I'm thinking of getting lakefront property, possibly near Watts Bar Lake. Do you know anything about this area?
That land is near Wartburg, the Morgan County seat.

Do I know anything about Watts Bar? Sure do. What do you want to know? I can tell you that waterfront is as expensive as mountain property, perhaps more so.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:52 PM

25 posts, read 76,770 times
I am looking for five acres to build a vacation home with my husband. I would love a mountain view but I think because I have two teenage sons being near a lake would be more fun for them. I'd also like to be no more than 45 minutes from Chattanooga or Knoxville. A gated community would be great to help protect my home while I'm not there. I want to stay in the 6-10k per acre range. Any suggestions?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:59 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjust View Post
I am looking for five acres to build a vacation home with my husband. I would love a mountain view but I think because I have two teenage sons being near a lake would be more fun for them. I'd also like to be no more than 45 minutes from Chattanooga or Knoxville. A gated community would be great to help protect my home while I'm not there. I want to stay in the 6-10k per acre range. Any suggestions?
You want to be in a gated community near a lake for only $6-10k/acre? I honestly cannot imagine where you can find that around here, particularly if you want to be within 45 minutes of a big city. Maybe someone else can be more optimistic, and if so I'd love to hear about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee