Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:22 PM

82 posts, read 346,502 times

Advertisements

Lissie I hope you and your "california partner" are ready for the way things run around here. You won't get handouts so easily, you have to work for money around here. If you want liberal handouts do us all a favor & stay put. Don't taint our pure Tennessee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 03:18 PM

13,363 posts, read 40,042,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
Out of all honesty, not even east TN has mountains. Over on the northwest coast, I have a friend that gets a kick outta the so called mountains in east TN. He showed me what real mountains are, and also showed me the small hills they farm over there that we Tennesseeans would call mountains .. at least until seeing the real thing.
Oh give me a break. Just because the mountains out west are bigger doesn't mean that East Tennessee doesn't have mountains. California's governor is physically a bigger man than Tennessee's governor, but that doesn't mean Tennessee's governor isn't really a man.

The Appalachians are most assuredly mountains. They're just a few million years older than the Rockies. But still mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherjohnson View Post
Lissie I hope you and your "california partner" are ready for the way things run around here. You won't get handouts so easily, you have to work for money around here. If you want liberal handouts do us all a favor & stay put. Don't taint our pure Tennessee.
Where on earth did that come from? Lissie has said nothing to indicate that they want to bring California's liberal policies and high taxes to Tennessee. But even then, so what? There are plenty of people in Tennessee (even native Tennesseans) who like liberal policies and high taxes.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM

115 posts, read 319,789 times
Quote:
REALLY??????? You got to love that TN hospitality.
Yeah because no one that I know in TN is receiving food stamps or any other government assistance in way (this is SARCASM IN CASE YOU CAN'T TELL). If you cannot be a productive contributor to the original post then why bother? PLEASE QUIT ASSUMING!!!!!!!!! I recently moved to PA from TN and you would not believe the preconceived ideas/stereotypes/STUPIDITY that I have to put with and overcome on a daily basis. Being from a certain state/county/city/region does not define a person. Beliefs/background/morals/ideas etc... define the person. Until you know what these are PLEASE be helpful and nothing else.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,367,431 times
fatherjohnson isn't from Tennessee. He's not even a southerner. He's a troll that has actually said worse things in other state forums, if you can believe it. Just ignore him. I'm quite sure he is not long for City-Data.

Last edited by hiknapster; 09-24-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 01:29 PM

46 posts, read 121,625 times
Wink Whoa what is with the ignorance?

Quote:
WOW!! You’re an idiot! PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WOULD POST SOMETHING SO STUPID WITHOUT READING THE PREVIOUS POSTS?
Here I go again…
As stated in a previous post-
Hey will do and please do me a favor and stop your prejudical thinking. See, what pisses me off is that so many people stereo type people from California. YOU PROBABLY HAVE’T EVEN BEEN TO CALIFORNIA, UGH! Check it out, I grew up on 12 acres in rural CA, so I’m a country girl- started working at the age 15, haven’t stopped and my fiancé,' who is from SE Texas, grew up on a working ranch, been working since he was about five.
SO #1- WHERE IN THE HELL DID YOU GET CALIFORNIA PARTNER, YOU’RE A MORON, MY HUBBY TO BE HAS BEEN IN CA FOR 2 YEARS and
#2- Yeah people in CA work, while it may be struggling economically now, hmm it is overall an expensive state to live in and gee last time I checked, the government doesn’t give people that much money, enough that is, to support a lavish lifestyle.

Secondly, thanks for thinking that all Californian's are liberals...I happen to BE AN CONSERVATIVE, JUST AS YOU HAPPEN TO STEREOTYPE people because of your ignorance. Should I stereotype you as an overweight, bad teeth, poor hygiene having illiterate who is probably eating rocky mountain oysters right now as he watches his tv on top of the other tv?
You see how ridiculous that sounds? Come on…
Now seriously, do me a favor and stop judging people on where they come from before you know anything about them. It's ridiculous that us in CA don't care where you are from, you are who you are, stop obsessing over stupid crap, damn....
Oh and your pure state?
Really..it has your name on it?
Just because for generations your family has resided there doesn’t mean it’s yours. All these states were taken from the Native Americans, so how does it make it any more YOUR state than it does anyone else’s.
Oh wait cause you live there and I don’t…LOL get real.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Talking Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptin2010 View Post
REALLY??????? You got to love that TN hospitality.
Yeah because no one that I know in TN is receiving food stamps or any other government assistance in way (this is SARCASM IN CASE YOU CAN'T TELL). If you cannot be a productive contributor to the original post then why bother? PLEASE QUIT ASSUMING!!!!!!!!! I recently moved to PA from TN and you would not believe the preconceived ideas/stereotypes/STUPIDITY that I have to put with and overcome on a daily basis. Being from a certain state/county/city/region does not define a person. Beliefs/background/morals/ideas etc... define the person. Until you know what these are PLEASE be helpful and nothing else.
Right! Thank you! This is crazy...

People really should get an education, it would help them with their restricted knowledge, mistakes in reasoning and save them embarrassment.

See, I know how to reason, and if I was a stupid person, and easily influenced..I would start to think poorly about southerners and their ignorance, unfriendliness and low intelligence. However, I know idiots are everywhere so why would I categorize a region of the US and all its people like that?

Oh wait, it's cause I'm NOT an idiot.

AND GUESS WHAT, I'M 25- BLONDE, SMART, A SMART-ASS (LOL) AND COMPLETELY SELF-RELIANT.

HOW'S THAT FOR ACCURATE STEREOTYPES!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,367,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LissieAnn View Post

See, I know how to reason, and if I was a stupid person, and easily influenced..I would start to think poorly about southerners and their ignorance, unfriendliness and low intelligence. However, I know idiots are everywhere so why would I categorize a region of the US and all its people like that?
Um. I already said that the guy isn't a southerner. He's from the midwest. He's a troll. Read his other posts. Pretty nasty stuff.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Um. I already said that the guy isn't a southerner. He's from the midwest. He's a troll. Read his other posts. Pretty nasty stuff.
Yeah, I saw your post after I replied to his, oops! Yeah, I didn't even bother looking into his posts, but I should huh!

Hey thanks again for all your suggestions. We browsed Knoxville's craigslist and liked what we saw. We are definitely going to be checking into it.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 PM

HI BOTTS!
It was great hearing what you had to say. I especially found the comparisons awesome. It really painted a nice picture of the different regions, thank you!! The great river valley sounds interesting, hmm much like some parts of coastal CA you say? Aww..the state sounds so wonderful and it would be a dream come true when we finally get to move out there.
Cute- The biggest differences between California and Tennessee? The skies are blue, the grass is green, the rivers run clear, the cows go "Moo", and the people say "Hi".
LOL, my fiancé’ and I both loved this!!

I think we are going to check out Springfield, Dickson, Athens, Nashville, Knoxville, Cookeville and possibly the tri cities area.

We are going to be there for seven days and hope to see all we can.

Any more suggestions are welcomed!!

Last edited by JMT; 02-22-2012 at 02:54 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,565,313 times
I've lived in Tennessee all my life. I was born on a west Tennessee dirt farm during the depression and my dad worked as a time keeper on the WPA and after the war started a shell loading plant in Milan, TN. In 1944 we relocated to east TN where he worked as part of the Manhatten Project.

I love the mountains and lakes of east Tennessee. I retired in 1993 and live on Watts Bar lake with 220 ft. of frontage on the water. The country in east Tennessee is absolutely gorgeous but I'll go ahead and tell you.

The people in this state are red neck bible thumpers...most of them are bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee