Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,857,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldel12 View Post
Is it just me or is Houston Vs. Dallas kind of like Odessa Vs. Midland ???
No that would be the equivalent of Dallas vs. Fort Worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 08:36 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,984,638 times
If I were to generalize the blacks from rough areas, and using AG's definition, (and subsequently by my own definition) then I'd consider a lot of Dallas' poor blacks to be ghetto (as in extremely)...Houston's poor blacks tend to be more "hood". Thats how Ive always thought of them anyway. And generally, Houstonians are not quite as loud, nor are they as scrappy as North Texans for whatever reason...and they dont dress as tackily as North Texas blacks from rough areas. Oh yeah, and one thing that I just could never get used to about Houston: for better or for worse, the women arent as aggressive in Houston as they are in North/Northeast Texas either in my experience.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,263,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
If I were to generalize the blacks from rough areas, and using AG's definition, (and subsequently by my own definition) then I'd consider a lot of Dallas' poor blacks to be ghetto (as in extremely)...Houston's poor blacks tend to be more "hood". Thats how Ive always thought of them anyway. And generally, Houstonians are not quite as loud, nor are they as scrappy as North Texans for whatever reason...and they dont dress as tackily as North Texas blacks from rough areas. Oh yeah, and one thing that I just could never get used to about Houston: for better or for worse, the women arent as aggressive in Houston as they are in North/Northeast Texas either in my experience.
SO TRUE.

Dallas women be gutter as hell.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
SO TRUE.

Dallas women be gutter as hell.
yeah, they're grimy, and they also dont hesitate to approach you if they are feeling you. Houston women seem kind of standoffish initially.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,860,303 times
lol, have any of y'all ever met any blacks from the north forest area of houston?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,263,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
lol, have any of y'all ever met any blacks from the north forest area of houston?
Yeah, but I still think there is a difference. Overall, Dallas black women are wild.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:05 PM

I think I went to north forest once to watch a high school basketball game...never really noticed anything out of the ordinary...

Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 PM

103 posts, read 314,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No; he said Houston hoods look rougher, but Dallas and Atlanta hoods are rougher. I agree; Dallas people get wild; they remind me of New Orleans people. Houstonians are more laid-back; however, the dudes in Houston are some of the most aggressive [Personality and behavior wise] dudes ever.
Thank you jluke56780 for correcting that. The Houston "hoods" look rougher and gritty because the city is unzoned itself and the low income neighborhood become urban blight, even though city is trashy looking in general outside of the houses and subdivisions. Anyway, Dallas is cleaner and their hoods to me look old but clean, but the people are ghetto/country and yes I should of added New Orleans as another rough city. The men in Houston sometimes try to "stunt" like they are all that and not. I do not about aggressive, maybe with women??

Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM

103 posts, read 314,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post

Great point, that how is for whites in Dallas and Houston. My white friends from Dallas always saying how Houston whites are trashy, loud and boorish. And the Houston whites say the Dallas whites are snobby and are "keep up with the Jones" mentally. My own manager once said when she is in Dallas, it feel too "white" for her and snobby and she is "white" herself! But she is a true Houstonian. To me the whites in Houston are racist behind your back but nice to your face and the whites Dallas could be racist to your face, since they see the blacks in Dallas seem to keep themselves segregated and not integrated as a people, who knows..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_I_am29 View Post
Thank you jluke56780 for correcting that. The Houston "hoods" look rougher and gritty because the city is unzoned itself and the low income neighborhood become urban blight, even though city is trashy looking in general outside of the houses and subdivisions. Anyway, Dallas is cleaner and their hoods to me look old but clean, but the people are ghetto/country and yes I should of added New Orleans as another rough city. The men in Houston sometimes try to "stunt" like they are all that and not. I do not about aggressive, maybe with women??
I hate to say it, but you kind of HAVE to stunt in Houston. The women are also more materialistic in Houston. Ive found that it doesnt take much to pull women in North Texas (at least when I was last there), that is if they dont approach you first. In Houston, women are a little more discerning (gold diggerish)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas