Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:54 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times

Advertisements

We got a really big storm move through Houston really early this morning in Houston. Like around 4 or 5 am. I thought the electricity was going to go out. This week really hasn't been that bad of a week for Houston. Friday afternoon we got some heavy downpours move through Houston. Parts of I-10 and I-45 had some high water on it on Friday. It could be worse like no rain at all. An eastern section of Harris county has already moved out of the exceptional drought range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Damn, Dallas is Brown!!

We just landed and everything from the air looks toasted!

I think we need hold a state wide rain dance.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:36 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Okay, so Houston got some rain? Anybody else that got rain from TS Don?

Has anyone seen the long range forecast? It's supposed to be 108 in Austin. Yikes, that is Phoenix style heat, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:50 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Okay, so Houston got some rain? Anybody else that got rain from TS Don?

Has anyone seen the long range forecast? It's supposed to be 108 in Austin. Yikes, that is Phoenix style heat, I'm not sure I'm ready for that.
We got a little drizzle in Waco.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:21 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,950,228 times
They said Texas didn't even get a inch of rain from Don. Courpus Christi got 0.01..........ummmm if forgot what Brownsville and McAllen got.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:36 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Watch when we finally get some decent rain; it's going to pour! You guys think since the summer was pretty extreme; we could expect snow or a relatively real winter this time around??? lol
What the hell is going on in this world?

Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I know. The weatherman from the Weather Channel said this was our only hope. He said on August 13th I am going to be in Dallas because I know Dallas is going to break the 1980 record for the most consecutive 100 degree days. The record is 42 consecutive days we are at 28 consecutive days. They said next week suppose to be the hottest week. We might break records. The temps are predicted to be 106 degrees or higher. I thought I would never say this...............people please pray for rain! It's getting very serious. The City of Dallas might put us on water restrictions. The Trinity River is extremely low. I know the the Trinity is a smaller river but it's pretty low right now. If the river dries up there will be no more water.
Tonight on the news, it was mentioned that relief will come in September because Autumn will be here. I hate to remind them but just because the calendar says Autumn, it's still blasted hot in September and through most of October although I doubt and hope that it will only be in the 90s. The main thing is, "Bring on the rain." We surely don't need any more dang fires either.

It's quite pathetic wishing for a hurricane to help us out. I can't wait until next week as it's supposed to be the hottest week yet. Ugh! To answer a post I saw above, when it rains in this part of Texas, it usually does rain in buckets. I remember very few times when the rain was gentle and lasted for a day. Right now, 17 inches tonight would be welcome, but there's just no hope in the near future.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:48 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I'm here in tyler right now and it's usually so fresh and green. Not this summer. Hot, dying brown trees and my dads yard is nearly all sand now. It was just brutally hot here today. And to top it off, I went to find a pillow and there is a scorpion in the closet. I shut the door and hightailed it out of there and am sleeping in the living room now. I just hope it stays in the closet!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The demise of T.S.Don was amazing. We really are in trouble, aren't we? Next week is going to be brutal, hotter than we've had so far.
The forecast currently list upper 100s which we've already had. It'll have to hit 110s to be hotter than it's already been. I don't remember ever experiencing that kind of heat here but it's looking fairly likely before the end of summer.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
What the hell is going on in this world?
Does anybody wonder why, in 1830, there was nobody living in what is now Texas? Because the climate was too dry to support settled human civilization. It still is. Nothing new is going on in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas