Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,613,961 times

Advertisements

Such a pathetic fool. He and Bush are prime examples of politicians in this country who do not gain office through merit but through nepotism, money and socioeconomic status. I've never voted for him and I will vote against him come next election too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 01:24 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,010,433 times
He's been an embarrassment since Day 1 as guvvaner (his spelling). He also very easily continued the shallow and empty mindset of the previous guy that he took over for.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,504,020 times
Yes! Now, if only we can get him to step down as governor of Texas. Unfortunately, the only thing that has EVER mattered to Rick Perry is the personal aggrandizement of Rick Perry, so he's not likely to do that.

Biggest embarrassment we've ever had. At least the campaign made that absolutely clear to anyone who doesn't have something invested in him.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,051,830 times
Liberals are the minority in Texas.

Thank God for that!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,051,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
We had a more respectable shot with Kay, but we went and picked Perry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Yes! Now, if only we can get him to step down as governor of Texas. Unfortunately, the only thing that has EVER mattered to Rick Perry is the personal aggrandizement of Rick Perry, so he's not likely to do that.
I voted for Kay! I tried to get rid of Perry, but he just wouldn't go away. I agree TexasHorseLady, Rick Perry is a 4 star ego maniac so we're stuck with him here at home. Even the Bush's don't like him, that says a lot...lol. I wasn't going to vote for Perry anyway in the upcoming Texas primary, but I'm definitely glad he's out of the race.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM

328 posts, read 472,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Liberals are the minority in Texas.

Thank God for that!
Not forever. The demographics are changing in Texas. The state went "majority-minority" in 2005. Since the 2006 election, Harris, Dallas, Travis and Bexar counties have all gone blue.

Head on over to the Wal-Mart off I-30 in Rockwall. It looks like the United Nations in there. And it's 25 miles from downtown Dallas. Exurb country.

The courts and Justice Department are not going to stand idle while the Republicans continue to try to dilute the Hispanic vote so to protect the incumbent good ol' boys. I also believe it is only a matter of time before all these states' voter ID laws will be wiped from the books.

The failed Rick Perry returns to Texas with a lower approval rating than Obama. His influence is waning. No way will he run again. Houston reelected a lesbian mayor. Dallas reelected a lesbian sheriff, a Latina.

The times are changing in Texas. And there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:59 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,504,020 times
I'm not a liberal, and I know that Rick Perry is (a) bad for Texas, (b) an embarrassment to Texas, whether you're a liberal OR a conservative, and (c) is in it for Rick Perry, NOT the State of Texas, the Christian religion, or anything else he uses to try to manipulate people to also be all about Rick Perry.

The very best thing would be for Texas to be neither blue nor red, but for the citizens of Texas to actually think for themselves rather than simply turning their brains over to one party or the other, as it seems too often happens, based on what I see posted online by those on both sides who seem to have no life but politics, and who think of that as something resembling a football game where the team is more important than anything else, especially the good of the country as a whole. Especially when, when you get right down to rock bottom motivations, there is NO difference between the two parties, just a lot of blue or red window dressing to try to disguise that motivation.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,051,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
Not forever. The demographics are changing in Texas. The state went "majority-minority" in 2005. Since the 2006 election, Harris, Dallas, Travis and Bexar counties have all gone blue.

Head on over to the Wal-Mart off I-30 in Rockwall. It looks like the United Nations in there. And it's 25 miles from downtown Dallas. Exurb country.

The courts and Justice Department are not going to stand idle while the Republicans continue to try to dilute the Hispanic vote so to protect the incumbent good ol' boys. I also believe it is only a matter of time before all these states' voter ID laws will be wiped from the books.

The failed Rick Perry returns to Texas with a lower approval rating Moderator cut: off topic. His influence is waning. No way will he run again. Houston reelected a lesbian mayor. Dallas reelected a lesbian sheriff, a Latina.

The times are changing in Texas. And there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
So now diversity = liberal? hmm

You should mozy on over to Collin County or Tarrant County if you really think that. Hell, even Dallas County ain't liberal, it just leans Democratic because of its large minority population. I double dare you tell a bleeding heart Liberal from the West Coast or East Coast those Texas counties are Liberal based on your observations.

Moderator cut: off topic.

Requiring a valid state ID & social security number to vote should be mandatory in all states, not just Texas.

Times may be changing for a hand full of counties in Texas, but that's it.

Continue living your pipe dream man.

Last edited by Bo; 02-24-2012 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Off topic for the forum, see the sticky post at the top of the Texas forum.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,284,483 times
I wish the state would require some type of short political test prior to voting. Too many clueless people voting. This isn't a shot at republicans or democrats individually, but all parties.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 PM

328 posts, read 472,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
So now diversity = liberal? hmm

You should mozy on over to Collin County or Tarrant County if you really think that. Hell, even Dallas County ain't liberal, it just leans Democratic because of its large minority population. I double dare you tell a bleeding heart Liberal from the West Coast or East Coast those Texas counties are Liberal based on your observations.

Requiring a valid state ID & social security number to vote should be mandatory in all states, not just Texas.

Times may be changing for a hand full of counties in Texas, but that's it.

Continue living your pipe dream man.
I hope you and your party continue to think the way you do, that the state of Texas will continue as red forever. Whistle past the graveyard.

Conservative are shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to courting the Latino vote.
The problem for Republicans is that Latinos have tended to identify with the Democratic Party. Any attraction that Latinos might have for the Republicans will be tempered by the influence of the conservative wing of the party, whose policy positions have historically held little appeal for Latino voters. Ideological conflicts between Republican moderates and conservatives have been reinforced by differences in outreach strategies. As the reality of demographic changes set in during the late 1990s, part of what defined many Republicans as moderates was an emphasis in both rhetoric and policy toward increasing the party's appeal to Latinos and other ethnic and racial minorities. Conservatives in the party, however, have been focused on other issues that either do not speak directly to the concerns of Latinos and minorities, or are sometimes hostile to the concerns of these ethnic groups.
Texas Politics - Political Parties
This minute I am watching four buffoons on a stage in South Carolina, down from seven buffoons and Huntsman.

You guys had four years to run someone against the president and this is the best you can do?

Last edited by Bo; 02-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas