Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,505,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Now maybe the rumors, created by gays & liberals of him being gay will finally die.
The conservatives did this with the president. No one on either side is innocent of using these tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,234,569 times
I haven't heard any of those rumors. Maybe I wasn't listening to the wrong people.

As for Perry, now we Texans have him back. [sarcasm]Oh, goody.[/sarcasm]

Old 01-28-2012, 01:37 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwired View Post
Gov Rick Perry officially enters the Texas Hall of Shame for Hypocrites -- Perry's rental home costs state $750k

Gov Laughingstock may have finally suspended his campaign, but has reportedly slunk back to his $8500.00 per month rental mansion in West Austin that TX taxpayers still bear the burden for.

Last time I checked Perry was still a public servant who supposedly worked for the people of Texas. While most Texans in 2012 will be concerned with the future of TX public education, the economy, state budget cuts, lack of infrastructure, illegal immigration and basic services - A Smug, Self-Serving and Crooked Perry will continue his hypocrisy of slashing public education,(Texas already has below-average K-12 edu funding compared to other states) as well as lay off large numbers of teachers while school enrollment is increasing rapidily, increase class sizes, eliminate sports programs and take additional measures that undermine the quality of TX education. Texas eliminated state funding for pre-K programs that serve approx 100k mostly at-risk children, or more than 40 percent of the state’s pre-K students. The budget also reduces state K-12 funding to 9.4 percent below the minimum amount required by TX state law.

Perry is an classic example that too much Anti-intellectualism can defeat, or even destroy a politician. Perry's anti-education, anti-everything shtick is a failure, and trying to restrict the rights and behavior of everyone who doesn't conform to his conservative ideology and version of morality is extreme at best. While professing and peddling his born-again faith and conservative values, Perry will again be preening with phony concern to his base telling conservative seniors to donate their money and support while he attempts to slash their social security and medicare benefits. Perry will rail against federal government, at the same time he lobbies for federal support.

It all starts by making Gov Perry as inconsequential as we possibly can. Now that Perry has finally given up his ridicules fantasy of becoming POTUS and lost all credibility, we need to replace him as our governor.

Perry rental home costs state $750,000 | Texas | onPolitix
I do need someone to trim my hedges. maybe he should go into landscaping

Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 PM

135 posts, read 311,147 times
I will miss his hair and that's it.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleb View Post
I will miss his hair and that's it.
They are going to have it preserved at his unpresidential library @ A&M

Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,536,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Now maybe the rumors, created by gays & liberals of him being gay will finally die.
Moderator cut: off topic Those rumors are just as laughable and stupid as the Rick Perry gay rumor (there's plenty of TRUE stuff to attack Rick Perry on, why make something up?). I'd assume intelligent people ignore that kind of trash.

Last edited by Bo; 02-24-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
It's a two-way street. Those rumors are just as laughable and stupid as the Rick Perry gay rumor (there's plenty of TRUE stuff to attack Rick Perry on, why make something up?). I'd assume intelligent people ignore that kind of trash.
I agree. Perry offers up enough ammunition to attack him on. No need to make up stuff

Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM

455 posts, read 774,588 times
Texans turn on Rick Perry.

Perry was always the guy hollering about bloated government spending while he was out on the campaign trail spending the states money. Anyone who may have forgotten, Perry draws over $92,000 annually from the Federal government for his retirement pension along with his $150,000 per year salary as our absentee Governor -- Perry signed legislation to prevent teachers from being able to do this, if a school district hires an already retired teacher they have to pay all of the retirement so the state doesn't have to. This truly makes Gov Perry a hypocrite.

"I'm glad I had my boots on tonight," Perry said. "I stepped in it out there" For Perry, his pride came before his amazing fall. Weeks before he officially announced his presidential bid, Perry said it was appropriate for the Texas Department of Public Safety to pay for his security and called any criticism of his government-provided protection a “diversion.” He also said that Texans would benefit from his travels. ....Not only did Perry waste close to a million dollars of taxpayers money for his security detail he undermined the state with his ridicules campaign bid. Here's the chance for Perry to show the state of TX just how truly conservative he is, by stepping up and paying his own tab -- Why should Perry's national campaign be able to offload these costs onto the backs of TX taxpayers, Perry should pay his own bloated bill for his failed campaign -- Perry is little more than a pandering crude soaked half-wit with good hair, and it's gonna be h-e-l-l going forward for the Perry Camp to put the genie back in the bottle now that he has now been outed nationally as a intellectual midget.

Last weeks polls conducted by the San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle by Blum & Weprin, found that more than half of all Texans opposed another Perry run for governor, his overall image with Texans has plummeted with 37 percent saying they have a less favorable view of him following the campaign, and 45 percent saying that his run has hurt the state’s image. Perry's current job approval rating stands at 40 percent among Texas adults --- Breaking down the the numbers, more than 60 percent of Texans age 50 and over opposed the idea of Perry running for re-election and so did more than half of TX college graduates, 75 percent of those with a masters degree oppose a Perry run in 2014, and 60 percent of those earning more than $100k annually. Perry’s approval rating was damaged among almost every demographic group after his campaign went up in flames.

Now we can all see why Perry would never debate anyone while running for governor. Texas-has had to play by Perry's rules for more than 11 years and now it's time to reverse that trend by starting a recall petition and expose Perry for the fraud that he is ...Texans need to do the right thing and send zero credibility Perry packing, back down to the snake hole he came from!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM

933 posts, read 1,536,990 times
Can they recall politicians in Texas?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 AM

455 posts, read 774,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Can they recall politicians in Texas?

After some research, it doesn't look like it. Perry would have to be impeached, which has happened only once in the states history.

Removal from Office: Texas does not have a recall provision for the governor, although home-rule cities in Texas do allow for a recall of city officials.

The Texas governor, like most state governors, can be impeached. Impeachment by the Texas House—a majority vote, Conviction by the Texas Senate—a 2/3 majority vote, Lieutenant Governor next in line to succeed governor—finishes out governor’s term only one governor, James Ferguson, has been impeached and removed from office for his fights with the University of Texas Board of Regents.

Perry -- “Commerce, Education, and the, uh . . . What’s the third one there? Let’s see. . . Commerce, Education, and . . um . . um . . um....Oops.”

That's right, Oops. . . unless Perry resigns, it looks like we're stuck with him for a couple more years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas