Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,466,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It would be you who would think that Houston only has 2 places in the entire city to get fried chicken.
Shut me up by naming the places....Ive been all over Houston(and recently too) all I see is Timmy Chans on every...I mean EVERY corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,997,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Shut me up by naming the places....Ive been all over Houston(and recently too) all I see is Timmy Chans on every...I mean EVERY corner.
Whats wrong with Timmy Chans? Their Chicken aint bad

cheap too. Fact I want some now.

Those Black folks make some good China food

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Whats wrong with Timmy Chans? Their Chicken aint bad

cheap too. Fact I want some now.

Those Black folks make some good China food
Its not bad....(even tho i got food poisoning once from that rice)...But I'll take even Williams over Timmy chans....Nothing in Houston holds a candle to any of the others I listed(not even Frenchy's...good peach cobbler tho)....Try them out the next time yall come up.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,969,546 times
Quote:
I'm from a neighborhood that's 90% black, so what you tryna prove? Being from Mississippi doesn't give you any automatic authority on the subject. It for dang sure doesn't make you more of an expert than me.

And stop putting words in my mouth. I said that soul food isn't always the same thing as southern food. It's good that you can appreciate good cooking, but I find it insulting that you would suggest I know less just because I'm from a city with a lot of Mexicans.
I am not putting words in your mouth. I am going by EXACTLY what you have said. You have said that I don't know the differende between southern food and soul food because I am white. You said I can't know as much about soul food as you because I am white.

Also, as much as you try to say Houston is a mecca for fried chicken, it isn't gonna make it true. I am sure there are some good, hole in the wall places that serve great chicken in a little obscure corner of the city, but that doesn't make Houston a chicken city. Didn't you live in Atlanta? Are you gonna say houston has better chicken than Atlanta too. But wait, I can't even have this conversation with you. I am the wrong color to know good chicken. My bad.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,997,236 times
Quote:
Its not bad....(even tho i got food poisoning once from that rice)...But I'll take even Williams over Timmy chans....Nothing in Houston holds a candle to any of the others I listed(not even Frenchy's...good peach cobbler tho)....Try them out the next time yall come up.
no wonder you know nuffing, you only ate at chains

Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,360,557 times
Quote:
So if you knew Timmy Chans was one of the places, then why didn't you list it? Seems like you were intentionally trying to undercut Houston by only suggesting we had only two locations of one place (as if we wouldn't catch that).

Again, I'm not saying which city is better, nor am I saying that Houston is necessarily at the top of the list for fried chicken cities, and I haven't experienced Dallas' fried chicken enough to say. Personally, I prefer Chinese-style fried chicken to most regular fried chicken, anyway.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
no wonder you know nuffing, you only ate at chains
I went where all the "Black folk" said to go...and all everybody said was Frenchy's.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,969,546 times
Quote:
was thinking the same. I bet he rarely went more than a mile away from campus when he was at TSU. Houston's best chicken is found in hole in the wall places across the city, not chains like Frenchies. BTW I have been to Frenchies on S OST/Kirby, on Scott and wheeler, and 45N so I know there are more than 2 locations.

There is two in 3rd Ward alone
I agree with this statement. Frenchy's is owned by Popeyes now apparently. You can't get good food at a chain.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
So if you knew Timmy Chans was one of the places, then why didn't you list it? Seems like you were intentionally trying to undercut Houston by only suggesting we had only two locations of one place (as if we wouldn't catch that).

Again, I'm not saying which city is better. I haven't experienced Dallas' fried chicken enough to say. Personally, I prefer Chinese-style fried chicken to most regular fried chicken, anyway.
Timmy Chans is a Ghetto local Chineese place that sells chicken...I didnt name places like that in Dallas either!!!...Hell that list would have been long as I-45. There are sooooo many chinese themed places that sell fried chicken iwith the feathers fried right on in Dallas.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
I agree with this statement. Frenchy's is owned by Popeyes now apparently. You can't get good food at a chain.
I went to T.S.U 14 years ago...thats the Frenchy's I speak of.I don't know or really care about the business transactions that has taken place in those years I just like the chicken....Popeye's probably bought them out because those are the only two southern fried chicken places in Houston and Popeye's wanted the Monopoly.....just guessing tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas