Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 8,890 times

Advertisements

I've been reading through this thread and I'd like to say if you are bothered by gay people showing affection in public or being jovial. That's on you, it really pisses me off when someone says "I don't care what they do, just don't do it in public" I've never seen any gay person doing anything in public beyond kissing or holding hands, so that is what obviously bothers some of you.

Gay people aren't having sex in the streets and running around naked, yes you can find places in San Fransisco where that might happen, but in general gay people are acting exactly like straight people and if you have a problem with that. That's squarely on you and you should take an opportunity to grow as a person and not let that even enter your head.

Man that makes me so angry when someone says that, and it's always older people... shut up. I don't want to see your old ass kiss your wife necessarily but I don't care. Unfortunately I had to hear that from a customer I happen to like the other day

Just imagine someone doesn't know your gay, and they say that in front of you how that must make you feel. That means the person that says and thinks those things views homosexuals as second class citizens. Even if they do it subconsciously, it's apart of their world view which unfortunately progress comes with coffins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,631,750 times
[quote=TexKnox;28947720]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

So, the answer is: No. You don't have an actual valid remark for that sentiment.

This: "Little darlin? I am probably old enough to be your grandfather."

Means nothing to me.

I see by referring to me as "little darlin" you're attempting to demean me by calling out my gender. Typical tactic used by chauvinistic men to discredit women and their ideas.

I have not contradicted any facts in any of my posts. Quote me if I have. Don't just SAY I did and not provide the exact reference.
Demean you? Sweetheart? I have a daughter and grandaughters. My fiance is a woman. I don't need to prove my caring about the female sex to you. Although yeah, the point is noted that you are gay. So maybe you really DO like women more than I do. But I guess we can argue that... LOL

Do you honestly think I give much thought to what you think?

But anyway, to get real, you answer nothing at all when it comes to blunt questions to you. Whether it be me or anyone else. Please come back when you grow up, girl (as the old Bobby Vee song goes, "Come Back When You Grow Up, Girl")

Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM

187 posts, read 347,534 times
[quote=TexasReb;28948136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexKnox View Post

But anyway, to get real, you answer nothing at all when it comes to blunt questions to you. Whether it be me or anyone else. Please come back when you grow up, girl (as the old Bobby Vee song goes, "Come Back When You Grow Up, Girl")

Like I said. Quote me.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 PM

[quote=TexasReb;28948136]
Quote:

Demean you? Sweetheart? I have a daughter and grandaughters. My fiance is a woman. I don't need to prove my caring about the female sex to you. Although yeah, the point is noted that you are gay. So maybe you really DO like women more than I do. But I guess we can argue that... LOL
Having daughters, granddaughters, fiancée, and wives proves nothing as far as chauvinism goes. Most chauvinists have wives, have sex with them, and make babies.

...and yes, I probably do love, as well as respect, women and womanhood more than you do.

...but that's not the bigger point here...although it's showing.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM

I'll say it again. Since I know you like to deflect a lot.

However, I will say that I don't think that something being commonplace or not is relevant to how black people feel about racist whites. After all, there are several white people on this thread talking about the racism that they've endured from blacks...and it happened a FEW times...or just once...and it was in the 1970s...or when they were a kid...or several years ago...etc...

It happened once...a long ass time ago...and still...it's relevant to these white people!!!

So, if we're going to rate the validity of racism on how commonplace it is, and use that as the ruler for what counts and what doesn't...than every single white person here needs to shut up about personally experiencing racism.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM

[quote=TexKnox;28948192]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

Like I said. Quote me.
I already have, honey. So have many others. You answer nothing directly, nor answer anything at all when confronted. It is obvious. You avoid, deflect, and attempt to steer the debate into a ditch.

I am perfectly content to let history and/or others following this thread be the judges of just who (meaning many more than me) made the better case.

Kinda reminds me of that old saying from the classic John Wayne movie, and what the heroine said to him. Something like:

"So what have I proven if I bested a fool...?"

TexKnox?

Let me make this clear. Then yeah, you can get in the last word if you want...

I have no desire to keep this exchange up foreever. It is getting tiring, in fact. Not because you are "winning"...but because you are not even a worthy opponent.

Honestly, the only thing that prevents me from being a bit more vocal is that you ARE a female...and yeah, I suppose my Texas/Southern mannerisms stifle certain things in terms of what I say....

But regardless, please do grow up...and learn to type and articulate and follow exchanges and reply...

Have a good evening!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM

10 posts, read 8,890 times
Chauvinism is correct, ageism also... TexasReb you most certainty devalue TexKnox's opinion because she is a women and because of her sexuality. You've also framed your opinions with an argument from age which is a logically fallacy. Just because your white, own a set of balls and are older than her does not make your opinion more valuable, or your assertions correct. But I digress I imagine it does to the buddies at the dive bar on Friday night, you are a man of your own making. And your getting challenged by young lesbian girl and I image that hurts your ego a bit, since she's kicking your ass.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM

[quote=TexasReb;28948423]
Quote:

I am perfectly content to let history and/or others following this thread be the judges of just who (meaning many more than me) made the better case.

Oh, I agree. I'm sure it will be split about 50/50...just like the racial divide, social divide, and political divide in this country.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM

847 posts, read 2,236,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzKong View Post

Chauvinism is correct, ageism also... TexasReb you most certainty devalue TexKnox's opinion because she is a women and because of her sexuality. You've also framed your opinions with an argument from age which is a logically fallacy. Just because your white, own a set of balls and are older than her does not make your opinion more valuable, or your assertions correct. But I digress I imagine it does to the buddies at the dive bar on Friday night, you are a man of your own making. And your getting challenged by young lesbian girl and I image that hurts your ego a bit,

since she's kicking your ass.
....whaaat????

wait. I think I hear a dog whistle........

Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzKong View Post
Chauvinism is correct, ageism also... TexasReb you most certainty devalue TexKnox's opinion because she is a women and because of her sexuality. You've also framed your opinions with an argument from age which is a logically fallacy. Just because your white, own a set of balls and are older than her does not make your opinion more valuable, or your assertions correct. But I digress I imagine it does to the buddies at the dive bar on Friday night, you are a man of your own making. And your getting challenged by young lesbian girl and I image that hurts your ego a bit, since she's kicking your ass.
You pegged it great rzKong. I am terribly intimidated and beaten. In fact, again, to the point I am going to go set fire to my chicken-coop. Might even mow down my dandilions, and boil the greens up fer supper.... Now then, who ARE you (you have no profile!)? Why not provide some information about yourself? At least TXKnx provided THAT.

Anyway, you can get in the last word as well. Personally? I am going to go drink a beer! Have a good un' bud...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas