Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City Highway System Is Better Lufkin or Tyler?
Lufkin 15 68.18%
Tyler 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:53 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Also the 49 Tollway has now around 27,000 -28,000 transactions per day. About 4 times the numbers expected for the first year. Transactions were explained as one car getting on at some point in the 25 mile long road. Billing for 27-28,000 cars. State just upped the max speed to 75 mph and posted a minimum speed of 65.
Tyler is doing a amazing job on helping traffic congestion.
I would like to say Tyler,Nacogdoches and Lufkin are making progress on traffic problems but Longview is the on city out of the big four of east Texas that isn't doing anything.

Mark do you have info on Longview?

Oh yea I seen your smart comment on the population est. of Nac ha ha ha lol but anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,088,095 times
Sorry Dee if you thought showing Nac'a very small pop. growth was "smart". I just wanted to post that no place in East Texas is worthy of praise for large gains in population. I went back to check almost every town in ET and found Kilgore to be the only one with a nice 3% to 4% growth about 400 increase. Yes, with all the retail growth, the numbers, you would think would be much larger, but the census bureau has been very accurate for years.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:09 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Wow, I just moved to Chandler and used Loop 49 to access I-20, which I use a LOT to go visit parents and inlaws and to go to Dallas or Shreveport. It knocked off about fifteen minutes of commute time and was completely hassle free.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Tyler is now, late, but has opened the East West corridor, Earl Campbell Parkway, four lane divided street from 155 to Loop 323 West. Starting construction on Cumberland Road Extension from South Broadway to Old Jacksonville Highway, this extension will actually help congestion in the currently being constructed Shops in Cumberland on South Broadway at Toll 49.
These are all good moves. I've also noticed more growth on the west and southwest side of Tyler, which should ease some of the congestion in south Tyler. West and southwest Tyler have very good highway systems in place, and are actively improving those as well. Five lane highways are very common (64 and 31 and the Frankston Highway for example) and bode well for future growth, which is apparently part of the overall plan.

Driving into Chandler is like a breath of fresh air after the congestion along the south loop and Broadway. Ahhhhhhh, open spaces!

I am not sure of the exact nature or timeline of this work, but I believe that Old J'Ville is getting some much needed improvements and widening south of Tyler. Also, I'd like to see more development south of Tyler on the roads between Old J'ville and the Frankston Highway (I think those are some of the ones you discussed in your post but I don't know their names) - there's some prime real estate through there just waiting for neighborhoods and commercial areas. The lay of that land is very pretty. And you're right - I will definitely be using those roads from the west side of town to access the retail developments on S Broadway rather than coming around the existing loop from hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas