Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
It's not that I don't care it's that it shouldn't be my issue. That's your issue and you deal with it and leave me alone. Why should your decision jeopardize my job?
Well, first off Im not gay.

Secondly, your point seems to be that being gay is a choice and it is not.

Thirdly, the right to bear arms is something I care zero about making it "not my issue". But Im not going to stand in the way of people who want to carry or try to dehumanize people who want to carry.

My whole point focuses on the legality of gay rights, not the religious aspect.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Well, first off Im not gay.

Secondly, your point seems to be that being gay is a choice and it is not.

Thirdly, the right to bear arms is something I care zero about making it "not my issue". But Im not going to stand in the way of people who want to carry or try to dehumanize people who want to carry.

My whole point focuses on the legality of gay rights, not the religious aspect.
On one point I stand corrected.

Frank Kameny, had a key role in pressuring the American Psychiatric Association to reclassify homosexuals as normal. To accomplish this means it had to be "normalized." Or, it wasn't normal to begin with so wool had to be fabricated to pull over people's eyes.
He's also the same guy who a few years ago who used the same argument regarding bestiality, "as long as the animal doesn't mind."

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Frank Kameny, had a key role in pressuring the American Psychiatric Association to reclassify homosexuals as normal. To accomplish this means it had to be "normalized." Or, it wasn't normal to begin with so wool had to be fabricated to pull over people's eyes.
He's also the same guy who a few years ago who used the same argument regarding bestiality, "as long as the animal doesn't mind."
Have you ever been close with or spent significant time with someone who is gay?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM

958 posts, read 2,133,654 times
Quote:
Have you ever been close with or spent significant time with someone who is gay?
If you had read my first post you would know I have cousin that's gay. He came around to family gatherings for years after he "came out" and was treated as he was before. He's family but he decided to separate for a lie.
You still haven't answered the question I asked with in my earlier post, I'll rephrase it.

It's not that I don't care it's that it shouldn't be my issue. That's their issue and they should deal with it and leave me alone. Why should their decision jeopardize my job?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
It's not that I don't care it's that it shouldn't be my issue. That's their issue and they should deal with it and leave me alone. Why should their decision jeopardize my job?
I did answer youre question, being gay is not a choice. There is no decision to it. It something your born with.

What Im arguing is not that attending pride week should be manditory for everyone, but just that they should not be able to be fired simply for being gay and no other reason. That does happen even if its not as rampant as it once was. Im not saying that everyone has to celebrate it, just let them live their lives uninterupted.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
I did answer youre question, being gay is not a choice. There is no decision to it. It something your born with.
That is a belief, not a fact.

From a scientific standpoint, it's more complex than most realize. But the "gay gene" theory was debunked in the 90's.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
That is a belief, not a fact.

From a scientific standpoint, it's more complex than most realize. But the "gay gene" theory was debunked in the 90's.
No one said it was a gene, but just because it is not genetic does not mean its a choice.

We currently do not know exactly what causes homosexual attractions, but again have you ever really talked to someone who has tried to fight it all their life? My best friend lost his entire family because of it. Its not simply because he gave into sin, its because he spent the first 23 years of his life trying to be straight with no success. If you want to look him in the eye and tell him he choose that, be my guest.

To what the exact cause is, there was a study recently dont that hypothesizes its due to development in the womb.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I find the bold statements morally corrupt. I know dozens of gay and lesbian soldiers who risked their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan serving this country, only to come back home as second class citizens. I know they are happy to have a president who is concerned about their rights!
Odd choice of words (morally corrupt).

Anyway, moving forward, I've known hundreds of soldiers who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan to come back home to an assortment of problems. Some were met with belligerence, some returned home with severe physical problems, many came home to face personal demons due to the violent trauma, yet I recall none getting a personal call from our commander-in-chief congratulating them on their courage.

I will not retract nor apologize for my statements regarding the president making such a call. I regard it as an insult to the majority of Americans to make such a politically charged and blatantly biased and prejudiced action in favor of one person/select group.

This was simply political and nothing more and I find it disgraceful.

Then this same person urges the thriving state of Texas to follow his failing policies. Well, gee, I'll let you fill in the blanks on this one.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,880,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Odd choice of words (morally corrupt).

Anyway, moving forward, I've known hundreds of soldiers who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan to come back home to an assortment of problems. Some were met with belligerence, some returned home with severe physical problems, many came home to face personal demons due to the violent trauma, yet I recall none getting a personal call from our commander-in-chief congratulating them on their courage.

I will not retract nor apologize for my statements regarding the president making such a call. I regard it as an insult to the majority of Americans to make such a politically charged and blatantly biased and prejudiced action in favor of one person/select group.

This was simply political and nothing more and I find it disgraceful.

Then this same person urges the thriving state of Texas to follow his failing policies. Well, gee, I'll let you fill in the blanks on this one.
Tried to rep....etc.

It is indeed disgraceful--but no surprise. The whole thing was just disgusting to the max.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,982,359 times
This thread was mis-titled. It should have been "The Texan Hate on Obama and Gay Folks Thread". Well, carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas