Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,950 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be coming to the Amarillo Panhandle area at the end of this month. Can someone please help me to locate a good RV park between these areas? What areas do we need to stay away from? How's the crime rate? How's the weather? I really appreciate your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 11:11 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
I'm near to Lubbock but there's several knowledgeable folks on here who are familiar with Amarillo. Hopefully they will jump in and help.

Drive safe.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,950 times
Thank you. I hope they will jump in soon too!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,694 times
Well, I live just outside Amarillo, but am don't have first hand knowledge of any of them. Second hand knowledge, I do have...

I did a google search for "rv parks amarillo tx" and the first 4 that came up would be the only ones I would look at.

Overnight RV Park on Lakeside - Convenient to the interstate, airport, and the east side of town. I drive past this park on most days and can't imagine much criminal activity around here, but there is a great deal of traffic. It is close to some strip clubs too, if that matters..... This would be the closest to Panhandle.

Amarillo Ranch on Sunrise - Around the corner and down the interstate a bit from Overnight. Really is in a residential area right off the interstate, by the waterpark. I have a friend that lives in that neighborhood and likes it. Have had several buddies stay in this park when they are up here for work and they speak highly of it. Second closest to Panhandle.

Fort Amarillo RV Resort on Arnot road - A guy I got to know fairly well came in town to work for my company as a short term contract employee. He picked this park after looking at all of them, and much preferred it. He spent 6 months in it, and with the exception of a hail storm (it hit all the parks, not just this one), he very much liked it. This park is convenient to the west side of town, which has many of the amenities most folks come to Amarillo for. Mall, eating out, hospital, car shopping, and downtown is not very far at all.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Amarillo!

Last edited by losttechnician; 09-04-2013 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas