Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:04 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,783,265 times

Advertisements

LOL yep!

Well, it's really hard to have patience with such whining and the gimme attitude. That has never sat well with me.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:16 PM

150 posts, read 173,999 times
Why did you move to Houston when you have beautiful Vienna and indeed many other places in Europe to consider?

America is going down the tubes and everybody knows it. We are caged in vehicles and oversized cities and suburbs, crawling over one another, fighting, while all of our wealth is drained by wars, bankers, illegals, rioters, and generations of people on welfare.

America is the matrix turned into dystopia.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:40 PM

238 posts, read 421,231 times
rofl this kid must be trolling. Austria considered better than Houston? hahahahhahahaha

I have been to the backwaters known as Austria and I would rather live in my current hell hole (El Paso) than live anywhere in Austria.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:25 PM

232 posts, read 361,310 times
Interesting.... the OP's account was created today...

Old 11-29-2014, 08:45 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,923,881 times
Well OP, you can now see why a lot of people prefer Austin over the overcrowded, polluted, cesspool called Houston.

Also, don't bother trying to explain why you hate the city. Houstonites get real defensive really quick. Come on out to Austin, you can get a cheap home out in the suburbs and have access to all the parks you can believe, which will calm your European sensibilities. We even have a nude beach (Hippie Hollow) which will remind you of back home...

Old 11-29-2014, 09:00 PM

19 posts, read 21,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutCracker0 View Post
I was born in Austria and moved to Houston in 2013. I have 2 kids and a wife who attends at an elementary school in HISD. I work at US bank off I-10 and my wife works at VA hospital. And I regret all of this. My job doesn't give me enough money and my wife is having financial problems. We are trying to sign up for food stamps and Obamacare and its a hard process. The schools are not exactly perfect but my kids are having horrible experiences there. The neighborhoods are crime poverty and my home in Austria is better than this. I am tired of the traffic everywhere, the pollution is just unpleasant. In Austria, everything was accessible and clean environment. I was expecting more. Like the homes in the woods and newly built houses with opportunities. I don't see historic places in here and Galveston is a wasteful time. How do I get over this?
I think you're probably very homesick and with Christmas coming, that just makes it worse. That's understandable. I've lived in other countries and there is always culture shock, even when moving within Europe. And homesickness (particularly when you are having to communicate constantly in a language that is not your native tongue and deal with all sorts of bureaucratic labyrinths which are unfamiliar to you) can make you feel exhausted and depressed.

I think Europeans (when they see the cheap prices in the States) sometimes think everything will be easy. But the States is much more backward than Europe in so many ways (health care being the most flagrant). I'm an American and every time I come across something that Europeans do better, I wonder why I came back too! Americans who have never lived in Europe just don't understand that life is probably much more comfortable and certainly safer than here. But here there is a lot of innovation and opportunity which Europe, being much more staid, doesn't offer quite as flamboyantly.

Give it another year and either you'll find it impossible to live here or you'll become acclimatized. In any case, of course you're going to be homesick - that's only natural. Just think: I won't spend 5 months stuck in the snow in Houston!

Good luck.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:01 PM

227 posts, read 386,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
rofl this kid must be trolling. Austria considered better than Houston? hahahahhahahaha

I have been to the backwaters known as Austria and I would rather live in my current hell hole (El Paso) than live anywhere in Austria.
Wow, that's weird. Austria is beautiful. I cannot imagine why anyone would move from Austria to Houston. I can see maybe Oregon, or Colorado, or Utah. But Houston? Terrible mistake and I feel bad for the OP.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:06 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,439,913 times
Ummm.....maybe he can put together a family singing group for some extra cash?

Old 11-29-2014, 09:06 PM

6,295 posts, read 7,522,032 times
Just another one and out OP giving all the Houston haters a platform to post their flame. Have you people no shame ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas