Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,635,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
BobTex, "fake news" does NOT mean "news that I don't like so I'll call it fake and hope people swallow that", regardless of what the current occupant of Mar-a-Lago - excuse me, the White House - wants you to believe.

Its original meaning had to do with the actual lies contradicting facts that were being sent out during the last campaign, predominantly by the right though the left had their moments, but the right was generating it at mind-boggling rates in imitation of their candidate. Fake news means news that contradicts actual facts and is proud of it. The Washington Post is one of the news publications that does not fall into that category, though it almost surely falls into the category of facts that you don't like. Facts don't care what you think or want to be true - that's the annoying thing about them for some people.

As for calling someone else a hater - you might want to be careful with that stone in your glass house.
You're trying to school me lady? ... You need to get up earlier.

Fake news
is lies ... you are correct ... misleading folks on purpose to shape thoughts and agendas ... I got it dearie! Was on it decades ago!

Facts
? By your perception maybe. That's how sheeple are, easily deceived and led.

I called no one a hater, I merely relayed my perceptions in general terms of Libs. Nobody was picked on. Were your ears burning or something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

Fake news
is lies ... you are correct ... misleading folks on purpose to shape thoughts and agendas ... I got it dearie! Was on it decades ago!

Facts

I called no one a hater, I merely relayed my perceptions in general terms of Libs. Nobody was picked on. Were your ears burning or something similar?
They simply don't know any better and while I can understand the ignorance aspect of it I cannot grasp how they can manage to make themselves feel so special, so arrogant, so high and mighty because they listen to people all dressed up sitting behind desks or whatever setting, spewing forth the 'news' in such forthright 'got ya' manner.

To not even be able to discern the difference between a journalist and a commentator is to me one very sad thing. What makes it worse is that so many of the so-called 'journalists' make it so very easy to spot them. They don't even try to hide the fact they are trying to influence their audiences with their own personal views of the news story they are in fact suppose to just relay. Oh no. They have to add a sarcastic tone, a widening of the eyes and I have even seen them stop just short of a complete eye roll, so guess we can say semi-eye roll when delivering their take on a news story. I just have to laugh it is so obvious. But truth be told, it is far from funny because of all the weak minded people who are taken in by all of it and don't even realize they are being duped because they have allowed their minds to be manipulated for so many years now,

I have a neighbor who is the same way. Intelligent enough in other areas, but watches and listens to the 'news' constantly and if that isn't bad enough, reads the Yahoo news and other such tripe constantly and soaks it all in like a sponge. No thought on his own, just repetition of what he has heard or read and believes becuase he has heard it on TV/radio or through the internet news, it has to be true.

I remember many years when the U.S was lambasting the governments of certain countries for using propaganda to keep their citizens in line with how they wanted them to think and act. Just another example of the pot calling the kettle black and it has only gotten worse because they have seen how easy it is to manipulate the weak minded.

It is a shame people cannot look around them, see what is going on right next to them and then look further out and see what is going on throughout the country and look even further at the conditions of the world and use their own minds to dissect the facts. But people are too lazy, minds to weak, to do that. Easier to let someone else do it for them and just accept it as truth.

God help us, you cannot reason with this type people, they are total blockheads in this respect. Their minds, which were already compromised, are now just like sponges, soaking in all the propaganda that is in tune with the way they have been programmed to accept it. Sad, sad, sad.

Now as to this wall, I don't see it being built as some people are envisioning it, but again, what do I know. I know Trump wanted to make it clear on his illegal immigration stance and I know I support him on this. Illegal immigration in this country is a problem, a big problem. Closing one's eyes to it and ignoring it has, of course, only added to the problem. It has to be dealt with whether you like it or not.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

Fake news

Facts

Well, clearly you need schooling as you have no idea what fake news actually is. Perhaps that's why you get caught by it and swallow it down like pablum.

As for your sheeple comment, again, you want to be careful with that stone you're about to throw right through your glass wall.

I pulled the term hater from your own post. Maybe you should read what you post?

As for facts, I actually check them with multiple reliable sources (such as Breitbart need not apply as they wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit them on the nose, and if they did see one they'd do their very dead level best to kill it, fast!).

Finally, I've learned that anyone who uses derogatory terms such as Repubtard or ******* or sheeple, etc., has turned their brain off and handed it over to one party line or another and it's worthless trying to have an intelligent discussion with them. Not that I don't keep trying, but it's pointless.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Well, clearly you need schooling as you have no idea what fake news actually is. Perhaps that's why you get caught by it and swallow it down like pablum.

As for your sheeple comment, again, you want to be careful with that stone you're about to throw right through your glass wall.

I pulled the term hater from your own post. Maybe you should read what you post?

As for facts, I actually check them with multiple reliable sources (such as Breitbart need not apply as they wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit them on the nose, and if they did see one they'd do their very dead level best to kill it, fast!).

Finally, I've learned that anyone who uses derogatory terms such as Repubtard or ******* or sheeple, etc., has turned their brain off and handed it over to one party line or another and it's worthless trying to have an intelligent discussion with them. Not that I don't keep trying, but it's pointless.

****sigh****

Goodnight woman, if that's all you got then your sack's empty!

Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,217,727 times
BobTex...

Your lack of manners and civility is not very Texan. Women and lady should never be used as insults the way you've used them.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
BobTex...

Your lack of manners and civility is not very Texan. Women and lady should never be used as insults the way you've used them.
Don't want to get muddy? Best stay away from the mud slingin. Where's your common sense, boy? This thread has devolved into more than a church quiltin' bee if you haven't noticed.

I've been blount, I've not been uncivil. In the event I was insulted (which there have been more than a few insults aimed at me) then the rules change. This woman has definitely not presented herself a lady thus I matched her projected station. Not sure you are aware of what Texan is anyway, pilgrim. Your weak effort at judging was, well, weak!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
BobTex...

There are, sadly, men (and I use the term advisedly) in Texas who confuse incivility and rudeness with manhood. Most Texas women, however, see right through that.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
What hogwash. I read these posts and I see a tit for tat and now someone wants to call foul? Seriously? Trying to make an issue over the weaker sex being bullied because although they can dish out insulting slurs, they sure can't take them?

Listen, that old saying if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch applies to both sexes.

Quote:
BobTex...

This is just plain silly. Damn, is someone about to be challenged to a dual?

As far as lack of manners and civility not being very Texan what the hell is that suppose to mean? Texas is not the deep south where the majority of women thought that in order to be ladylike, they had to act like wilting flowers and have their big, strong men protect them.

Quote:
There are, sadly, men (and I use the term advisedly) in Texas who confuse incivility and rudeness with manhood. Most Texas women, however, see right through that.
OMG Such total BS. I am a Texas (if that even matters) woman and I cal BS, BS, BS on this crap. Texas women have a word for men who allow themselves to be browbeat by rude, obnoxious, insult throwing overbearing women and the word certainly isn't gentleman.

Texas women are known for their strength. You would think one who claims ties to numerous Texas generations would show more backbone.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
What hogwash. I read these posts and I see a tit for tat and now someone wants to call foul? Seriously? Trying to make an issue over the weaker sex being bullied because although they can dish out insulting slurs, they sure can't take them?

Listen, that old saying if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch applies to both sexes.

This is just plain silly. Damn, is someone about to be challenged to a dual?

As far as lack of manners and civility not being very Texan what the hell is that suppose to mean? Texas is not the deep south where the majority of women thought that in order to be ladylike, they had to act like wilting flowers and have their big, strong men protect them.

OMG Such total BS. I am a Texas (if that even matters) woman and I cal BS, BS, BS on this crap. Texas women have a word for men who allow themselves to be browbeat by rude, obnoxious, insult throwing overbearing women and the word certainly isn't gentleman.

Texas women are known for their strength. You would think one who claims ties to numerous Texas generations would show more backbone.

More backbone? Because I point out that incivility and boorishness do not reflect strength but, rather, it's exact opposite and are a clear indicator of over-compensating for various lacks? Well, bless your heart, hon. A truly strong man doesn't have to behave in the way that some are behaving here, and the need to do so is actually an indicator of a fear of being "browbeat" intellectually, something no truly strong man would consider a possibility.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:47 PM

Looking at the thread title, it's obvious that it is a question that cannot truly be answered. After all, we're talking about a state of some 26,000,000 and growing population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas