Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:59 AM

341 posts, read 1,019,213 times

Advertisements

Big Oil Firms Are Exploring a New Frontier in Shale: Profits

Chevron and other large companies want to turn West Texas, lately a sinkhole for cash, into a money maker.
MIDLAND, Texas—For Bruce Niemeyer, the Chevron Corp. executive overseeing the company’s $15 billion expansion here, one question looms above all: Will we make money?

Big oil companies including Chevron, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC are piling into the Permian Basin, the oil-rich region straddling Texas and New Mexico that is the epicenter of the second wave of U.S. shale drilling.
&&&&&
https://www.wsj.com/articles/big-oil...its-1497605411
&&&&&
So it's not just the independents who are active in the Permian basin but also the big integrated majors like Chevron and Exxon huh ?
For years they've been talking about Chevron moving its headquarters to Houston from the San Fran Bay area but maybe they will move it to Texas, but to West Texas ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 AM

712 posts, read 842,600 times
no doubt future skyline of Midland/Odessa:

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM

712 posts, read 842,600 times
$10 bet it won't be long before they announce huge pipeline FROM the gulf to suck IN seawater,
to get enough H2O to frack ALL of west texas (processed/desalinated, of course . . .).
'Rising Sea Levels' - yeah, we got that covered !!!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 12:26 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldoak2000 View Post
no doubt future skyline of Midland/Odessa:

No doubt, someone is "on' some "real good" stuff, lol

Old 06-16-2017, 04:23 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post

Chevron and other large companies want to turn West Texas, lately a sinkhole for cash, into a money maker.
MIDLAND, Texas—For Bruce Niemeyer, the Chevron Corp. executive overseeing the company’s $15 billion expansion here, one question looms above all: Will we make money?

Big oil companies including Chevron, Exxon Mobil Corp. and Royal Dutch Shell PLC are piling into the Permian Basin, the oil-rich region straddling Texas and New Mexico that is the epicenter of the second wave of U.S. shale drilling.
&&&&&
&&&&&
So it's not just the independents who are active in the Permian basin but also the big integrated majors like Chevron and Exxon huh ?
For years they've been talking about Chevron moving its headquarters to Houston from the San Fran Bay area but maybe they will move it to Texas, but to West Texas ?
Watchya smokin'?

Can I have some of it?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:00 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,389,839 times
The oil companies have been making profits in the Energy Basin even with low oil prices.The Energy Basin is the biggest oilfield in the country so I think they will continue to make money as long as prices dont go too low.Your article in the OP is in a paywall so i could not read it.I doubt Chevron will move its HQ to Midland.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:40 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post

&&&&&
&&&&&

They could still build something in Midland, but not their headquarters. Houston would be too good to pass up by comparison.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:56 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,389,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
They could still build something in Midland, but not their headquarters. Houston would be too good to pass up by comparison.
they have already built a huge office building in Midland.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
No doubt, someone is "on' some "real good" stuff, lol
Now in all "fairness" I need to give Midland, the big ole' "atta' boy": here in Tyler, I have to admit, some of us who want good paying jobs, steady, not "boom,boom" growth, are a litttttttttle, jealous of this:

Swinerton Builders

Old 06-18-2017, 08:48 AM

341 posts, read 1,019,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
The oil companies have been making profits in the Energy Basin even with low oil prices.The Energy Basin is the biggest oilfield in the country so I think they will continue to make money as long as prices dont go too low.Your article in the OP is in a paywall so i could not read it.I doubt Chevron will move its HQ to Midland.
Of course I was being facetious about Chevron moving headquarters to Midland, but you knew that, right ?
One of the ultimate ironies to me about an Oil & Gas major like Chevron is it would have its headquarters in the San Fran Bay area. What an unlikely place for them to be based. There was a time when there was lots of Oil & Gas in California but in LA but that's been years ago but with Silicon Vally so dominant in
San Fran along with an intense dislike, if not hatred for folks out there having anything to do with fossil fuel. Those guys really need to go someplace where they would be accepted and supported and even admired like Texas which would probably mean Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas