Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Region is Most Underrated
Great Plains/Panhandle 6 42.86%
Mountains Basin Region 10 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 09:17 AM

8 posts, read 5,583 times

Advertisements

Hello native and non-native Texans. As a non-native Texan, that's been living here for 5 years and been too every region of this state. I would like too know everyone opinions. After reading tons of threads about different cities and regions, I myself think the Great Plains or the panhandle of Texas is the most Underrated region in Texas. Besides the Mountains of West Texas, I think the Panhandle of Texas is beautiful and is not as crowded as the metro cities of the east and coastal region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 10:23 AM

93 posts, read 68,492 times
What about the Permian Basin?

Old 12-09-2019, 10:33 AM

68 posts, read 44,931 times
I thought Texas had 8 regions?

Old 12-09-2019, 10:39 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,276,425 times
I don't know if I would call the Mountains of Far West Texas "Underrated" they seem to get a lot of love from what I hear.

Yeah, Big Bend doesn't get a ton of visitors, but I don't think that is because Dallasites or Houstonians don't know about it, I just think it is far away. Almost 8 hours from Dallas and over 8 hours from Houston.

I do think East Texas is underrated. It has the largest chunks of public land outside of Big Bend with the National Forests and has some fairly scenic areas.

I don't think the panhandle is very scenic at all, but there are really nice people there and the weather is better than the rest of Texas, so perhaps it is underrated. Palo Duro is pretty cool as well.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogno View Post
I've seen 4 or 7?

Depends how you slice and dice it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gions_in_Texas

Old 12-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogno View Post
It has like 5, but I put the two least favorite that's not talk about alot because of the big metropolitan cities in the other regions of Texas.

Last edited by TexasExplorer19; 12-09-2019 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-09-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
I don't know if I would call the Mountains of Far West Texas "Underrated" they seem to get a lot of love from what I hear.

Yeah, Big Bend doesn't get a ton of visitors, but I don't think that is because Dallasites or Houstonians don't know about it, I just think it is far away. Almost 8 hours from Dallas and over 8 hours from Houston.

I do think East Texas is underrated. It has the largest chunks of public land outside of Big Bend with the National Forests and has some fairly scenic areas.

I don't think the panhandle is very scenic at all, but there are really nice people there and the weather is better than the rest of Texas, so perhaps it is underrated. Palo Duro is pretty cool as well.
I was saying East Texas wasn't because of Dallas and Forth Worth. They the ones that get all the love for that region.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasExplorer19 View Post
I was saying East Texas wasn't because of Dallas and Forth Worth. They the ones that get all the love for that region.
DFW isn't in East Texas though.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:35 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,095,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
DFW isn't in East Texas though.
Yet, few people, IMHO, ever refer to DFW as being in East Texas. East Texas is underrated, largely because many people have an opinion of East Texas yet, have never been here or based an opinion by just traveling through the major highways like I-20 or !-10 out of Houston through Beaumont, which the latter is certainly NOT representative of greater East Texas, IMHO.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:24 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,417,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasExplorer19 View Post
I thought Dallas and Fort Worth were North Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas