Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 11:15 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
People still murder even though it's illegal. Should we therefore make murder legal?

Some people need killin and in Texas it should be a legal defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 11:24 AM
SyZ

151 posts, read 139,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Some people need killin and in Texas it should be a legal defense.
All killing isn't murder, though all murder is killing.

I do appreciate the 'castle' appeal, tho.

Old 03-08-2022, 03:33 PM

1,168 posts, read 779,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
This I can respect.

Those who babble about the sanctity of life while cheering war and the death penalty are blatant hypocrites. I can respect consistency even if I dont agree with the position.
Abortion and the death penalty, sure, but I don't know how anyone can disagree with war being a necessary evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Sorry, but if the pro-control over other people's most intimate decisions (let's call it what it really is, shall we?) were really pro-life, they would not be seeking to ban abortion (because that guarantees a rise in maternal mortality, but to them, living women aren't life to be cherished) but would be promoting just as loudly the things that have been PROVEN to reduce abortion. For example, as has been shown to work, early and comprehensive sex education (and abstinence only need not apply as that has been shown NOT to work, both in studies and in actual life before Rowe v. Wade) and access from puberty to free or low cost effective birth control.

However, if you REALLY want to prevent abortion, you should be championing a law that requires the sex that can cause the MOST pregnancies and thus MOST abortion to, upon reaching puberty, to get a mandatory vasectomy, to be reversed only when the male has matured and proven that he is not only able and willing to support any results of his sexual activity but has also found a female that is willing to put in writing for the court that she agrees to procreate and raise children with them.

Think that's too intrusive on the male bodily autonomy? Welcome to the world of women.

Don't even pretend that it's not about control over women. We know better, and have known better for literally generations. Even when it's a woman seeking to control other women for reasons that truly do not bear looking at.
The fact is abstinence does work. I've been abstinent for weeks and whaddayaknow I haven't made any babies since then.

Forgive my male opinion but a lot of what you're saying sounds like women aren't capable of making good decisions. In matters of consensual sex, both people know how it works and what the possible outcomes can be.

I don't think we want to start talking about socially sanctioned procedures that are intrusive to the male anatomy...

Old 03-08-2022, 04:56 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
So you dont care about the sanctity of life?
Not for murdering scumbags who rape, maim, or torture their innocent victims before killing them. Especially child killers. Then there are the terrorists.
Those types are all a waste of oxygen.

But I do think the Texas abortion law goes too far, especially the lawsuit/snitch provision.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:14 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Abortion and the death penalty, sure, but I don't know how anyone can disagree with war being a necessary evil.

The fact is abstinence does work. I've been abstinent for weeks and whaddayaknow I haven't made any babies since then.

Forgive my male opinion but a lot of what you're saying sounds like women aren't capable of making good decisions. In matters of consensual sex, both people know how it works and what the possible outcomes can be.

I don't think we want to start talking about socially sanctioned procedures that are intrusive to the male anatomy...

"Abstinence only" as in sex education - but you knew that, didn't you?

And you don't want to talk about socially sanctioned procedures that are intrusive to the male anatomy, but you're perfectly fine with such for the female anatomy? Really?

Old 03-09-2022, 06:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Sex is not an automatic right. I think that may be where people start to mess up.

Old 03-09-2022, 07:01 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sex is not an automatic right. I think that may be where people start to mess up.
Are you saying that people have to get a permit from the government?

Old 03-09-2022, 07:02 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post
All killing isn't murder, though all murder is killing.
Go ahead and give a clear explanation of the difference between them
I know the answer, I just want to see your explanation

Old 03-09-2022, 07:59 AM
SyZ

151 posts, read 139,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Go ahead and give a clear explanation of the difference between them
I know the answer, I just want to see your explanation
Unjustified and unlawful killing is murder - e.g. the taking of an innocent pre-born life and then labeling it 'abortion' or 'reproductive healthcare'

Old 03-09-2022, 08:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Are you saying that people have to get a permit from the government?
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas