Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 02:39 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,436,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
and that's your opinion when life begins - others like me believe at 6 weeks the fetus is alive and will grow to be a product human being if given the chance. I still wont agree thats a fetus at 6 weeks is a tissue mass that can be thrown out with the garbage like you believe.

we just have to agree to disagree because you nor i will change each others opinion. To me its sad that someone would want to discard a human life for any reason except for self survival. It is wrong and in my opinion self centered action. You continue to fail in your responses why a fetus should not have the opportunity to live other than selfishness.
It's not an opinion. It is medical fact. That's why it's called a fetus and not a person or baby. And I absolutely respect your right to believe otherwise. But that doesn't give you the right to impose your beliefs on everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2022, 03:21 PM

1,108 posts, read 529,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
It's not an opinion. It is medical fact. That's why it's called a fetus and not a person or baby. And I absolutely respect your right to believe otherwise. But that doesn't give you the right to impose your beliefs on everyone else.
Agreed but you again cant comprehend my argument - i am not forcing my beliefs on anyone - i am clearly voicing my belief that aborting a baby no matter how you define life is absolutely wrong and anyone who does that is not in risk of there own life is plain lazy and selfish -

You dont agree i understand than but Texas law is the law and i whole hardly support it and hopefully it will become the law of the land. And maybe just maybe someone reading this blog and the posts will think about not killing a ( in your world ) future human and that he/she has a right too life.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:14 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,092,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Sorry, but if the pro-control over other people's most intimate decisions (let's call it what it really is, shall we?) were really pro-life, they would not be seeking to ban abortion (because that guarantees a rise in maternal mortality, but to them, living women aren't life to be cherished) but would be promoting just as loudly the things that have been PROVEN to reduce abortion. For example, as has been shown to work, early and comprehensive sex education (and abstinence only need not apply as that has been shown NOT to work, both in studies and in actual life before Rowe v. Wade) and access from puberty to free or low cost effective birth control.

However, if you REALLY want to prevent abortion, you should be championing a law that requires the sex that can cause the MOST pregnancies and thus MOST abortion to, upon reaching puberty, to get a mandatory vasectomy, to be reversed only when the male has matured and proven that he is not only able and willing to support any results of his sexual activity but has also found a female that is willing to put in writing for the court that she agrees to procreate and raise children with them.

Think that's too intrusive on the male bodily autonomy? Welcome to the world of women.

Don't even pretend that it's not about control over women. We know better, and have known better for literally generations. Even when it's a woman seeking to control other women for reasons that truly do not bear looking at.
This is all formed off an unproven basis. When you can prove that the majority of pro-life individuals are that way in large part to simply control women's bodies, I will consider your arguments. At the moment, however, it is a strawman.

I will say, I don't know where you get the idea that abstinence doesn't work. Was the virgin Mary your single data point?

Old 03-23-2022, 02:40 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,647,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That's something that anti-abortion people often ignore. If a woman is desperate to get an abortion, she probably will - even if it puts her in jeopardy.

Most Women Denied Abortions by Texas Law Got Them Another Way
“The law has not done anything to change people’s need for abortion care; it has shifted where people are getting their abortion.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/u...omen-data.html
Oklahoma, which was one of the travel destinations for TX women seeking abortions, has now passed a near-total abortion ban. So there'll be even more women racing against time to obtain early abortions. I hope the federal government puts an end to this nonsense, and fast. And I hope all the women who are/could be affected by these dystopian laws will run to the polls in November to vote out everyone who implemented them.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:42 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
You dont need a doctor to perform abortion.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonhun View Post
This is all formed off an unproven basis. When you can prove that the majority of pro-life individuals are that way in large part to simply control women's bodies, I will consider your arguments. At the moment, however, it is a strawman.

I will say, I don't know where you get the idea that abstinence doesn't work. Was the virgin Mary your single data point?
States with abstinence-only education have the highest rates of teen pregnancies.

https://www.mic.com/articles/98886/t...ly%20education.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Agreed but you again cant comprehend my argument - i am not forcing my beliefs on anyone - i am clearly voicing my belief that aborting a baby no matter how you define life is absolutely wrong and anyone who does that is not in risk of there own life is plain lazy and selfish -

You dont agree i understand than but Texas law is the law and i whole hardly support it and hopefully it will become the law of the land. And maybe just maybe someone reading this blog and the posts will think about not killing a ( in your world ) future human and that he/she has a right too life.
By making it the law and supporting those laws, you are forcing your beliefs on everyone.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:16 AM

1,108 posts, read 529,654 times
Quote:
By making it the law and supporting those laws, you are forcing your beliefs on everyone.
No - adorations are still legal in Texas - again you are wrong.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:52 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,647,066 times
Quote:
No - adorations are still legal in Texas - again you are wrong.
Up to 6 weeks. Most women don’t even realize they are pregnant until they skip a period, and that’s only if they are regular. The 6 week restriction is ridiculous.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:22 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,917 times
Quote:

Isn't this true of ALL laws? A murderer wants to commit murder yet the state imposes restrictions on murder. Also stealing, assault, white collar crimes (this list can go on forever!). All are because someone has a different standard.

Is your belief that we should live in a lawless society? Be principled here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas