Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 12:32 PM

141 posts, read 45,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Where did you see that he had a stroke? He was back on the floor within days, with no medical intervention that anyone has been made aware of. If he had a stroke, that would be a medical miracle.
The Senate doesn't impeach, but prosecutes. Impeachment isn't a big deal. Even Bill Clinton got impeached. We are impeaching people so often nowadays it has become an honor.
What the Senate should be guarding is whether this process endangers the Union. The nonsense the newspapers are talking about is all political. A state senator in Texas should be looking out for every American citizen in the United States. Likewise, every Federal Senator belongs to every United States citizen. Senators aren't supposed to be lobbying. That is the job of the members in the House.
So, if this process happening today is a danger to our Union, the Senate should shut it down. The State and Federal Supreme courts can also shut the process down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepizza1975 View Post
Full disclosure: I'm a Democrat...a paid-up member of the Collin County Democratic Party (Paxton's home base).

I'm delighted to see that Paxton is finally facing some consequences for his behavior; however I don't think that the Texas GOP suddenly grew a conscience when it has been brushing his behavior aside for years.

My opinion...and take it for what it's worth...is that the Texas GOP is sick of Trump, afraid of the state's changing demographics, and is changing course to throw the full weight of its support behind Ron DeSantis in 2024.

Paxton is a necessary sacrifice.
After everything transitions over from a white and red conservative Republican elephant to that of a black and blue liberal Democrat donkey, then everything will convert back over to the light side. The American people are never going to win with this type of scribbling with crayons.

Old 05-31-2023, 01:29 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
This guy on Texas Gun Talk summarized the Paxton situation pretty well:

Y'all really don't seem to be getting it, or y'all enjoy being sodomized. Do y'all know why Paxton was impeached?
Step 1: Paxton did illegal stuff - a lot of illegal stuff - including bribery and abuse of office.
Step 2: Whistleblowers - eight of his top aides - sounded the alarm.
Step 3: Paxton fired the whistleblowers, in violation of the law - which he is supposed to be enforcing!
Step 4: Paxton demanded the Legislature pay $3.3mm to settle a lawsuit against him.
Paxton is a criminal, he is going to be removed from office and likely spend the rest of his life in prison. If Paxton were a D instead of an R, some of y'all would be leading the lynch mob instead of defending a man that is likely the most corrupt Republican of my lifetime!

Old 05-31-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
This guy on Texas Gun Talk summarized the Paxton situation pretty well:

Y'all really don't seem to be getting it, or y'all enjoy being sodomized. Do y'all know why Paxton was impeached?
Step 1: Paxton did illegal stuff - a lot of illegal stuff - including bribery and abuse of office.
Step 2: Whistleblowers - eight of his top aides - sounded the alarm.
Step 3: Paxton fired the whistleblowers, in violation of the law - which he is supposed to be enforcing!
Step 4: Paxton demanded the Legislature pay $3.3mm to settle a lawsuit against him.
Paxton is a criminal, he is going to be removed from office and likely spend the rest of his life in prison. If Paxton were a D instead of an R, some of y'all would be leading the lynch mob instead of defending a man that is likely the most corrupt Republican of my lifetime!
It is a little more complicated than that. Texas has five presidents making up our Executive branch. What does that mean? Shooting the finger at the other four branches isn't an offense because that is what his position of authority is supposed to do.
You aren't cutting through the nonsense being put out by the press. As it stands now, it wouldn't benefit the Republicans to take a stand. In fact, I am surprised that the Democrats haven't considered this to be a trap.
Look, Paxton isn't going to prison. They never do. Will he have to work at a McDonalds if he gets fired? Probably not. Will Hunter Biden have to find a job to work for a living?

Old 05-31-2023, 08:44 PM

I think he summarized it pretty well.
Of course there is more to the story than what has been publicly discussed, and I believe the chances he goes to prison are low.
But I do think Paxton will take down some others with him. He knows where “bodies are buried”, so to speak.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:00 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Politics works just like the mafia
Sometimes they sacrifice one of them so they can say
“See, we are good people that hate criminals”

Old 05-31-2023, 10:09 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,018,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Politics works just like the mafia
Sometimes they sacrifice one of them so they can say
“See, we are good people that hate criminals”
I won't deny this, but lets just be real and say that it is happening on both sides of the fence.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I won't deny this, but lets just be real and say that it is happening on both sides of the fence.
Correct.

Old 06-04-2023, 08:14 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
I think we could impeach most politicians no problem for doing shady stuff. I'm not saying Paxton is some saint.

I do find it interesting it comes about a month after he decided to go after big pharma for the covid shot (see link below). If you look at any doctors or nurses that speak out against big pharma, the medical boards go after them. Go after big pharma and you are going after pretty much the most powerful organization in the world. They are complete bullies.

https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...manufacturers/

Old 06-04-2023, 08:22 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,566,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
I think we could impeach most politicians no problem for doing shady stuff. I'm not saying Paxton is some saint.

I do find it interesting it comes about a month after he decided to go after big pharma for the covid shot (see link below). If you look at any doctors or nurses that speak out against big pharma, the medical boards go after them. Go after big pharma and you are going after pretty much the most powerful organization in the world. They are complete bullies.

https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...manufacturers/
Ahh...now a conspiracy theory. Cool. With that said, there's a laundry list that people could have gone after Paxton with. But I think more would agree it has to do with trying to put the taxpayer on the hook for the whistleblower suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas