Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 14,929 times

Advertisements

Not yet. Before I got married I used to fly to El Paso to visit my brother and go hiking in the Guadelupes. I think the area is beautiful and I like the people I met in Dell City. Some day I hope to at least have a small cabin to visit after I retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,951,402 times
Question: Can you land a Cessna at the El Paso National airport, or do you have to use a smaller landing strip like Santa Teresa's, or the one out on the far east side of El Paso?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,973 times
Question El Paso news article

I was wondering if anyone kept a file copy of the Article on Cornudas being bought by an El Pasoian? I went to the link, but it stated the article was no longer available. Having a hard time trying to decide wether to keep the property or sell. Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,492 times
Default Article

Here is a copy of the article that is still coming up when you click on it.

El Pasoan buys township of Cornudas from Florida developer (http://www.mmdnewswire.com/el-ps-buys-township-cornuds-from-florid-developer-2152-3.html - broken link)

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 10-02-2007 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 10,973 times
Thanks so much for the link.It was a great help. This is what I liked about this site when I seen it. You get the real thing thats going on out there.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 AM

262 posts, read 781,692 times
Default Flying a small lightplane into ELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Question: Can you land a Cessna at the El Paso National airport, or do you have to use a smaller landing strip like Santa Teresa's, or the one out on the far east side of El Paso?
You can, but it is too much of a hassle. It is a LOT easier to fly into T-27, Horizon Airport, which the old West Texas Airport changed it's name to.
Brie

Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 11,282 times
Default Wallce Town Is Said To Be Reopening

WALLECE TOWN TO REOPEN SOON JUST SPOKE THIS MORNING WITH JT WHO LIVES OF FOSTER RANCH ROAD
CHICO WHO OWNS MOTEL HAD DONE WORK FOR THEM RECENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
I live about 5 miles East of Cornudas, Texas. Oh, I'm sorry Jerry, Wallacetown U. S. A.
I am VERY familiar with the history of this "project", and it isn't good. First off He comes into town, looking down his nose at at the "hicks" in Dell City, throwing the promise of his money around. Then, he sets up this big "Job Fair" at the local Telephone Company office, where he offers jobs at minimum wage. THEN, he hires a ton of construction people for next to nothing, you get what you pay for, and they eventually have to go to the Texas labor board to get paid.
A close personal friend of mine sells land out here, and he was contacted by one of Jerry's people who wanted to buy some serious acerage. The problem was, that for all this guy's supposed money, he wanted to buy the land on contract.
There is NO septic system installed, and as of a town meeting held in Sierra Blanca over a year ago, there were no plans drawn up for one yet.
The roads that are on the sections that have the acerages were graded by another very good friend of mine, the same guy who did work on my land, and he had to fight to get paid.
For all this guys flash, there does not seem to be any bang at all. The signs that were put up east and west of Cornudas, showed great imagery, but if you looked down in the lower coner of each billboard, it says in small writing need not be built.
That's O. K., everyone in the area knows what kind of a joke this place is, I'm just glad that May finally got paid by Jerry, and is now enjoying her retirement.
I just feel sorry for any sucker that shells out their hard earned money buying something there before spending some time out here and seeing what it's like to live out here.
I'm not knocking the area, I love it here, but I moved here from the desert west of Phoenix, Az., and compared to there, this is both cooler, and wetter.
"Bad News" Brie

Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 11,282 times
Default Wallace Town Reopening Now

SOMEBODY IN EL PASO PURCHASED IT
THE LAWN WAS CUT AND LOTS OF ACTIVITY
HORSES
ETC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
NOTHING has been happening at Wallacetown. Oh WAIT, something DID happen, several weeks ago, a gust front from a disipating thunderstorm blew part of the roof of a small gazebo down. Brie

Old 10-28-2007, 12:28 AM

28 posts, read 131,822 times
Default Sunset Ranches In Cornudas Texas

I TOO HAVE PURCHASED LAND IN SUNSET RANCHES AND THEY SENT ME A PLAT MAP WITH LONGITUDE AND LATITIDE AND ITS COMING UP IN THE ARTIC AND IN AFRICA. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. I HAVE BEEN OUT THERE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL. THEY REALLY PUSHED FOR ME TO MOVE IN TO THE OTHER SUNSET RANCHES SITES DOWN FARMROAD 1111, BUT TO ROCKY AND IN THE FOUR YEARS I HAVE LIVED HERE , I AM TIRED OR THE CACTUS, MESQUITE, AND CRESOTE BUSHES. THEY ARE ALL RIGHT IN THE RIGHT PLACES. WHERE I AM AT NOW I CANT RIDE MY HORSE BECAUSE I KEEP HER BARE FOOTED. AND ITS ALL ROCKS HERE. GOT MY FOOT IN THE DOOR AS THEY SAY, GOING ON COMPANY GUIDED TOUR ON 11-03-07, HOPING ITS UP TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE CORNUDAS SUNSET RANCHES. IN THE GRASSY AREA. IF ANY ONE HAS INFO ON THIS LET ME KNOW ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY STUMBLE UPON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECO View Post
Hi Brie:

I feel blessed to have found a forum that is dedicated solely to Cornudas, TX. We purchased property from Sunset Ranches about three years ago; it has been about three years since I’ve been there. Our property lies across the highway from where Mae Carson had her diner.

I feel blessed to have met Mae too. She invited our group into her mobile home and showed us around. She was interested in selling the property at that time; however, we did not have the resources or investors to purchase it. She also let us see the peaceful refuge she had at the back of her home. This was a gazebo filled with a variety of plants and there was a small waterfall built inside. I inquired about the trees around her home. She told me that she planted them all. She stated that she used to drive trucks for a living when one day she came upon Cornudas. You probably know the rest of the story. Anyway, this is how it happened as I remember it.

I will definitely stay tuned to this forum. I actually thought some big development were about to happen (I was excited about property values going up) when Jerry Wallace came to town. I must admit that I like rural too but I also like my property value to increase. I guess this is what they call having the cake and eating it too. I cannot visualize any development in Cornudas unless new businesses are built; they will bring work. Work will bring people; people will bring revenue. As you already know, a major issue is infrastructure. In any case, I am patient; we will see what develops.

Brie, are you a resident of Cornudas? It is true that there are only six families that live in Cornudas?

Old 10-28-2007, 03:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,951,402 times
Any info or a website with an update on this new owner out there, and what his plan is? Opening Date etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas