Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times

Advertisements

I haven't left yet, I look forward to day I can move because of the weather, I HATE the weather here. And I just prefer the scenery in East Tenn and Western NC more. I'm a native Texan, but leaving will be very easy for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM

295 posts, read 1,179,312 times
I am a native Texan who left in 2000 because of my now ex husband. Have been back and forth every couple of years since but am looking forward to finally moving back for good next year.

I am from Lewisville originally but this time will make my home in Lubbock.

Oregon is beautiful but it is nothing compared to Texas!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:01 PM

31 posts, read 83,291 times
I have lived in houston my whole life (26 m). I love Austin but its not realistic for finding a house or a job (hard to find). My girlfriend and I are moving to Pittsburgh in about a year (when we get married) to buy our first house. We want a different scenery b/c texas is just not doing it for us anymore.

Something else about the housing in houston; we like the older brick houses that have been restored not torn down for a new home, which houston is famous for doing. We are not in favor of the 'cookie cutter' houses that pollute the city. We want a city with character, walking commercial areas (a place where you dont have to drive everywhere) and visually stimulating with hills, attractive historical buildings, and pretty much everything that houston is lacking.

I am proud where I came from, but through the years, I have out grown texas and need a new place to call home.

All in all, can't wait to move.

Things ill miss: surfing, texas bbq, good mexican food, and family

Last edited by lookinforachange; 08-06-2008 at 07:14 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
My email signature says it all:

Every Texan that has dared to cross the state line in his or her lifetime has returned disappointed and confused. The fact of the matter is there is no other state worth living in, or even traveling to, than the great State of Texas. So why would a Texan ever leave the state?

Last edited by NOTAM; 08-06-2008 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
My email signature says it all:

Every Texan that has dared to cross the state line in his or her lifetime has returned disappointed and confused. The fact of the matter is there is no other state worth living in, or even traveling to, than the great State of Texas. So why would a Texan ever leave the state?
I guess I'll be the first to leave and be happy

Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM

sometimes it takes just leaving for a bit, to appreciate what ya got. don't be surprised if you start longing for Texas after being gone a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I guess I'll be the first to leave and be happy

Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
sometimes it takes just leaving for a bit, to appreciate what ya got. don't be surprised if you start longing for Texas after being gone a while.
That may be true for some people, but you don't understand how much I long to leave and be in either Eastern Tennessee or hopefully Western North Carolina. I love North Carolina just much as you love Texas. My heart aches to be there.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 PM

670 posts, read 2,999,463 times
Well I lived in Kansas, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana, California, Louisiana and Texas. DH has only lived in Louisiana and Texas. He wanted a change of scenery and obviously I am not afraid to move and we did...to Georgia. Pretty land. Horrible 13 months and 21 days. We couldn't get back to Texas fast enough.

You'd think it was us but my best friend (not native but here since age 4) did the same thing with Colorado. Beautiful scenery but again she hated it and came back.

Another close friend of mine lived in Paris, France and California (native Texan) and she came back because she didn't want to raise her kids anywhere else either.

So I think for a lot of people it takes trying something new to see what you have.

And I did kiss the ground too (well sort of ) crossing back in LA/TX border. My kids missed it and I think the dog. He went from being an inside dog for years to just going outside and smelling the air..it's weird.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM

31 posts, read 83,291 times
^^ That may be true for them, but not the case for all. I agree with NC, although we favor different destinations. I just feel that Texas can't offer what I want to call home anymore.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 PM

oh and i also moved to North Shore Kaua'i, Hawaii once. and came back to Texas. over 40 years of visiting family on Kaua'i, and knowing every single square mile of that island, as well as any local, i thought i would NOT be one of those mainlanders who just cant handle the "island fever" or "Hawaii culture", moving to "Paradise" disillusioned.........once again, couldn't get back to Texas quick enough. Texas is PARADISE compared to Hawaii. the ONE good thing that came out of that move, was that never a day goes by, since then, that i envy my family living in Hawaii. (as i used to do).
now, will i continue visiting/vacationing there? sure. great place to vacation. but THAT'S IT.

Last edited by NOTAM; 08-06-2008 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas