Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,006,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Who's said anything about that building? I was just making a point. No one cares about antenna height. Perhaps if it was an architectural addition or a nice looking spire it would make a difference. But alas, its an ugly antenna.
I've always had a respect for & admired antenna farms.

One of the tallest ones in Texas is located in Cedar Hill just to the south in Dallas County.

Fort Worth has an old radio broadcast antenna that was recently renovated into a work of modern visual art. Youtube it.

You can't seem to accept the fact Houston has 3 (almost 4) supertalls.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,320,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I've always had a respect for & admired antenna farms.

One of the tallest ones in Texas is located in Cedar Hill just to the south in Dallas County.

Fort Worth has an old radio broadcast antenna that was recently renovated into a work of modern visual art. Youtube it.

You can't seem to accept the fact Houston has 3 (almost 4) supertalls.
That made almost no sense. I don't care how tall Houston's buildings are. I just can't believe someone would add antenna height to a 700 footer in a sorry effort to make it a supertall by technicality. It's hilarious.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
That made almost no sense. I don't care how tall Houston's buildings are. I just can't believe someone would add antenna height to a 700 footer in a sorry effort to make it a supertall by technicality. It's hilarious.
Add Dallas' TXU buildings 100' antenna its cool Houston still blows Dallas out of the water in building height.

Only NYC & Chicago beat Houston in height.

Dallas is more on Seattle & Atlanta's level so please stay there.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Add Dallas' TXU buildings spire its cool Houston still blows Dallas out of the water in building height.
Not to be rude or anything, but I could care less about a fight between Houston and Dallas regarding skylines. Its been beaten to death already.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Quote:
Oh please!

Renaissance Tower with its 5 spires is only 886' tall. Its no where near a super tall even with its spire, man.
Yeah, but the thing with the Renaissance Tower is that its spires were actually decorated and made to look like it's just another part of the building.

One Shell's spire is just... there. And it doesn't look like anything other than another communication spire. That's why many don't include it when measuring the height of the building.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Not to be rude or anything, but I could care less about a fight between Houston and Dallas regarding skylines. Its been beaten to death already.
I've already stated my opinion.

Dallas has a beautiful night skyline, decent architecture, & a dense Uptown, but that's about it.

It doesn't have any supertalls while Houston has 3 almost 4 of them.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah, but the thing with the Renaissance Tower is that its spires were actually decorated and made to look like it's just another part of the building.

One Shell's spire is just... there. And it doesn't look like anything other than another communication spire. That's why many don't include it when measuring the height of the building.
I'd just let him be. He's a Houston booster.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

It has a blinking red obstruction light on top now if only they would put color changing flood lights under it that would be cool...to Dallasites anyways.

I've noticed where Renaissance Tower is headed that direction as of late. Its always been candle white, but you can often times catch it in blue, green, & other colors. They gotta keep up with the Jone's you know? Its the Dallas way.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
El Paso, for a city its size has a sort of small skylyine. It's not ugly or bad, just smaller than most cities with a comparable population.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 AM

349 posts, read 260,828 times
"Worst Texas Skyline" ??

I'd say my own home town.... Waco's ALICO building (once the tallest building in Texas c. 1911) shoots up at passing motorists on I-35 like a middle finger of the left hand.

(Old Waco insiders joke)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas