Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times

Advertisements

Thanks Muhnay--you are awesome!! What great photos you posted of my hometown. I sure will miss that skyline when I move to Austin. I love the first pic...one of my favorite views of "The 'Burgh"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Your welcome, I hope Minni Enjoys them as well.

Dont Fret.. Austin has a wonderful skyline as well.. it will help you deal with what your leaving behind.

Day
http://portableofficepro.com/yahoo_s...124534_std.jpg

Night
http://ggarciaassociates.com/yahoo_s...142225_std.jpg

Artistic
http://webpubs.us/art/austinskyline.jpg

Another Night
http://www.lightseysagehouse.com/picts/niteaust.jpg

Not nearly as nice as Pittsburgh.. but not too bad either. May I ask why your leaving and moving to Texas TexasGirl@Heart?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Your welcome, I hope Minni Enjoys them as well.

Dont Fret.. Austin has a wonderful skyline as well.. it will help you deal with what your leaving behind.

Not nearly as nice as Pittsburgh.. but not too bad either. May I ask why your leaving and moving to Texas TexasGirl@Heart?
You are right...Austin does have a nice skyline, but Pittsburgh still wins

You absolutely may ask why I'm moving to Texas

Well one of the BIG reasons is weather. The older I get the more I hate Winter. I think I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)...I get so depressed when Winter hits. I hate cold weather. I used to be an avid snow skier too

Another reason is because of the lifestyle Austin offers... There is so much to do there--things that I like to do. Lots of outdoor activities, type of music I like to go out and listen too. You are hard pressed to find true traditional country music being played in and around Pittsburgh. You can't tube our rivers! They are too polluted! People kayak them, but you wouldn't catch me in one of the Pittsburgh rivers! Besides they are cold. However, we do have great white water rafting about an hour SE of Pittsburgh at Ohio Falls, PA. Not as great as Colorado, mind you, but still good.

I love the Texas culture--the cowboy way of life. I know that isn't Austin, but I feel right at home in Ft. Worth. However, I love Austin for what it offers--city life/live music (country). I have friends who live in Austin and meeting more every time I visit there. People are so friendly.

I love the state pride. I believe I must have been a Texan in a prior life--how else do you explain my love and affinity towards Texas?!?!

I will miss Pittsburgh and my beloved STEELERS , but hey, that's what the NFL ticket is for, right?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 AM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You are right...Austin does have a nice skyline, but Pittsburgh still wins

You absolutely may ask why I'm moving to Texas

Well one of the BIG reasons is weather. The older I get the more I hate Winter. I think I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)...I get so depressed when Winter hits. I hate cold weather. I used to be an avid snow skier too

Another reason is because of the lifestyle Austin offers... There is so much to do there--things that I like to do. Lots of outdoor activities, type of music I like to go out and listen too. You are hard pressed to find true traditional country music being played in and around Pittsburgh. You can't tube our rivers! They are too polluted! People kayak them, but you wouldn't catch me in one of the Pittsburgh rivers! Besides they are cold. However, we do have great white water rafting about an hour SE of Pittsburgh at Ohio Falls, PA. Not as great as Colorado, mind you, but still good.

I love the Texas culture--the cowboy way of life. I know that isn't Austin, but I feel right at home in Ft. Worth. However, I love Austin for what it offers--city life/live music (country). I have friends who live in Austin and meeting more every time I visit there. People are so friendly.

I love the state pride. I believe I must have been a Texan in a prior life--how else do you explain my love and affinity towards Texas?!?!

I will miss Pittsburgh and my beloved STEELERS , but hey, that's what the NFL ticket is for, right?
I feel like you and I have a little bit in common. Our love for warm weather and the state of Texas. I hate the cold weather, myself. I hope you get your chance to move to Austin soon.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I feel like you and I have a little bit in common. Our love for warm weather and the state of Texas. I hate the cold weather, myself. I hope you get your chance to move to Austin soon.
Thanks autotech4dallas! I wish the same for you too.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
The Italian pizza resembles the American pizza but tastes SO MUCH better. They use fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese on their pizzas and all fresh ingredients--nothing canned or processed. Fresh salami (pepperoni), artichokes, mushrooms, peppers.... Their sauce is out of this world--molto bueno! (very good). And they are all made in one of those big ovens with the fire underneath...no electrical conveyer belt like here! Oh my gosh...I am really missing Italy right now. Their crust is different too.
That makes me hungry...at 9:45 am, LOL!!

They (family) also said that the variety of sauces to eat with the pasta is infinite and delicious. I also understand that they don't overcook the pasta (al dente), and don't drown it in overdone sauces.

I ate at an "Italian" restaurant here in town just recently.....a chicken dish....and it was overpriced and just really mediocre!!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 AM

Their pasta's are fantastic! Another dish I like is Pesce la spada (Swordfish). I'm not sure how they make it but it comes out with this chunky tomato/onion/garlic sauce on top of it....it is so delicious.

Their fruits are like eating candy...they are so sweet and juicy. You know how pears can taste gritty...not theirs--like eating candy that tastes like pears. Their figs...yummy! I really need to go back for a visit.

Oh, I almost forgot...GELATO (their version of ice cream). I never tasted anything so good!

One thing I had to get used to...they put corn in their salads. Not a fan of that!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,499 times
"I love the Texas culture--the cowboy way of life and the country music."

I'm too

I remember this sentence: Deep in the heart of Texas!

Austin..yes, I remember the Capitol Building, the Texas Museum and the bats!
I have seen a lot of bats in August! It has been fatastic and incredible to see they!

You are right! GELATO is very, very good!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,499 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm working. I'm a nurse. I work in the ICU, steady nightshift! Ciao Minniemouse!
Congratulation for your work. I know that it's a difficult and hard work.
You are a good persone!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times
Quote:
Thanks autotech4dallas! I wish the same for you too.
Thank you ma'am. And I too, commend you for your good work and support for working as a nurse with the Intensive Care Unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas